Playoff Predictions

I was hoping they would all play at parkview this weekend! but it looks like i want get to see the seguin and brehnam game :evil: good luck to all semi final teams saturday

robt78155":3mb4fx0s said:
Dude, its Sunday and I already got butterflies for this game ! I got other things I need to do this week! Oh well. The possibility of a Lifegate /Freddy State title game would be beyond all you could ask or think.You got to like the conduct and attitude of the Brenham players and fans.Alot like the Freddy bunch.Just a nice bunch of Texas folks. Hope we all can maintain respectful attitudes thru this week and the following weeks. I know Brenham looks awesome and has good players .I have seen them play. I wonder how Thanksgiving and game preparation factors into this mix?

I do know that Brenham and Lifegate will not be practicing on Thursday. This week is always challenging for practices and families who like to travel for Thanksgiving see a real crimp in their plans.

The other problem that Thanksgiving week presents is that it is difficult to find facilities for games. A lot of school personnel (especially coaches who end up doing most of the work) are hard to find (travelling; especially coaches who have been working long hours since August and this is their first "break" since summer) to make those facilities available. Plus a lot of 11-man facilities have rental prices that are out of range of many smaller six man schools (I was working with one that had a usual rental rate of $2400; they were trying to work with us, but the cost for the contractors who line their fields was $400 alone).

Schools that choose to play on Friday tend to have to practice on Thanksgiving Day. Fortunately, both the D-2 games are Saturday.

lifegatesports":p73utcgc said:
This week is always challenging for practices and families who like to travel for Thanksgiving see a real crimp in their plans.
It's a booger, one week off and you can't go anywhere, good thing my oldest will be done this year........and my next boy is a freshman next year! If I'm fortunate it will be 7 more years before I can go away over Thanksgiving week with my family, which will consist of 1 senior girl at that point.

theotherguy":2lr910ir said:
Something tells me the Seguin/Brenham game will NOT be a nail biter lol

Could be ... we'll be fortunate to stay within 40 points of them in the first quarter. Probably 88-6 by half as the assembled masses pick up the Brenham coaching staff on their shoulders and walk all the way down to UT to install them as replacements to the pretenders that have been passing themselves off as Longhorn coaches.

Early forecasts for Saturday talk of temps in the 50-60's and sunny weather. (Some rain around Wed/Thurs)

lifegatesports":27m7m08d said:
Could be ... we'll be fortunate to stay within 40 points of them in the first quarter. Probably 88-6 by half as the assembled masses pick up the Brenham coaching staff on their shoulders and walk all the way down to UT to install them as replacements to the pretenders that have been passing themselves off as Longhorn coaches.

We know that is not the way it will play out, we would NEVER take our coaches to TU!

And the game is north west Austin at the Cedar Park Summit school.

theotherguy":1mw37p2x said:
Something tells me the Seguin/Brenham game will NOT be a nail biter lol

I'm just going off of last year being a nail biter when it wasn't supposed to be... so it could be.. maybe not... we won't know til after the game...

All teasing and trash talk aside... Brenham is a great team.. that is no secret.. There is no team that has come close to them this year. There is no shame in losing to a team that good if it indeed turns out that way.. let me say again that we respect this Brenham program (coaches, players, and fans).. Every single one of them is "good people" as we say out here on the rig... i won't make a prediction on this game but i will on the freddy tyler st. one...

I got tyler st. winning by 12.... idk though... it could go either way

Veezy32":1yy80q9n said:
I was hoping they would all play at parkview this weekend! but it looks like i want get to see the seguin and brehnam game :evil: good luck to all semi final teams saturday

ME TOO VEEZY, I WAS HOPING THEY WOULD BE HERE AT PARKVIEW AS WELL.

We are down to the final four! This is a great time of year! We have 4 SOLID teams left. It will be two great games! I don't usually put my opinions out there but here it goes!

Tyler Street Vs Freddy- This one is very personal to me. I got two boys that play for TS. Aaron Whitaker and Johnathon Spencer. Two great athletes from our Duncanville Christway team from last season. These boys know success and winning. That being said, we all know the success Freddy has had over the years. This should be an outstanding matchup. I can't say enough of the job that Coach Favors has done at Tyler Street. He lost a lot of good talent last year and didn't skip a beat... I'm going with Tyler Street by 14!

Seguin Lifegate Vs Brenham Christian- Wow!! This will be something to watch! Trust me when I say this, Brenham is nasty!! No disrespect to Lifegate. They have good athletes and good coaches. A very solid program. Brenham is a machine!! They were 45 point favorites in the state game last year for a reason. But saying all that, we play the game on the field for a reason... Anything can happen on any given day in sixman football! This year the game is at a nuetral site, which will be a huge factor. I'm going with Brenham Christian by 27! Brenham is strong, fast, GREAT blocking and tackling, and solid depth.

Again, only my opinion... I pray for good sportsmanship and health for all four teams this weekend!

Coach Jerry Hargraves
Duncanville Christway Academy

Tyler St. -Freddy toss up turn overs and preperation wiil decide this game.

Going out on a limb, Brenham by 45 in the 4th. It will shock me if Brenham looses this game.

Good luck to all teams.

Jerry1104":2nc6vjz7 said:
Seguin Lifegate Vs Brenham Christian- Wow!! This will be something to watch! Trust me when I say this, Brenham is nasty!! No disrespect to Lifegate. They have good athletes and good coaches. A very solid program. Brenham is a machine!! They were 45 point favorites in the state game last year for a reason. But saying all that, we play the game on the field for a reason... Anything can happen on any given day in sixman football! This year the game is at a nuetral site, which will be a huge factor. I'm going with Brenham Christian by 27! Brenham is strong, fast, GREAT blocking and tackling, and solid depth.
Coach Jerry Hargraves
Duncanville Christway Academy

Jerry ... thanks for your insight. Didn't help us last year at Lifegate playing at home. We're gonna have to figure how to hang with the Brenham kids Saturday. My bet is that the team that is able to deal with a back-and-forth game and with some difficulty, since both squads have pretty well had their way throughout the year.

Noticed that Brenham has allowed just one touchdown in their last five games. Maybe I'll ask Coach Rabon to let the guys vote to just go ahead and forfeit.

Hope both of your predictions are wrong ... and don't forget that Heritage probably has the best coaching staff of the four teams remaining -- and has been to this level five times in the last six years. I'm still pretty confident in my original prediction of Freddy vs Lifegate rematch.

Astro55":207qs3j5 said:
Tyler St. -Freddy toss up turn overs and preperation wiil decide this game.

Going out on a limb, Brenham by 45 in the 4th. It will shock me if Brenham looses this game.

Good luck to all teams.

I hope you don't promise to cancel your sixman account like our friend Vezzy if Lifegate wins ...

seguinlifegate":dp5mi0k6 said:
I'm just going off of last year being a nail biter when it wasn't supposed to be... so it could be.. maybe not... we won't know til after the game...

You gonna be back for the game?

lifegatesports":oh5fgv40 said:
and don't forget that Heritage probably has the best coaching staff of the four teams remaining
This is true. Our coaches are excellent also, Heritage coaches have more experience. I think they can take Tyler St. Just gut from looking at who played who and the scores. I would like to see us face Freddy if we get there. They beat us good 3 years ago in the semis.

Box Dad":1kw7rsaf said:
lifegatesports":1kw7rsaf said:
and don't forget that Heritage probably has the best coaching staff of the four teams remaining
This is true. Our coaches are excellent also, Heritage coaches have more experience. I think they can take Tyler St. Just gut from looking at who played who and the scores. I would like to see us face Freddy if we get there. They beat us good 3 years ago in the semis.

Heck, I'm still smarting from them beating us like rented mules for six years ...

be home before most people get out of bed in the morning... if i get to the dock in galveston at around 7-730 i can be home by 10-1030... haha... my little mustang is barn sour...

POST 100 by the way... hot topic...
:oops:

just thinking about the games this weekend has me extremely excited.... Only thing that could make this better would be to play brenham at state.. I'll predict now that the winner of this game wins it all... reasoning behind this..

Freddy v Geneva... freddy wins by one
Geneva v Pine drive... Pine drive by a few
Tyler st. v pine drive... T st. by ten or something like that...

all these teams are right there together... During district lifegate 45'd freddy and geneva while brenham 45'd pine drive and beat Covenant who beat tyler st. ...

teams make huge changes throughout the year so it could turn out to be a great state game just like last year.. but i don't think you're getting those fireworks two years in a row...

Back