Bold Predictions Week 2

Benjamin only has rigdon this year hope he stays healthy, klondike is overrated they look like they cant handle pressure, and Jayton to me revolve on a couple of guys, Balmorhea, Whitharral and Groom which all made playoffs last year is done for this year, I see Amherst and Paducah making a deep run, In D1 nobody is talking about Whiteface seems interesting because the lost to Rankin last year and really didnt lose anyone from last year, i think Happy is done and Valley is making a comeback
King did you watch Benjamin in person or on NFHS to come to your conclusion of a one man army?

Highland and Robert Lee are going to surprise some people. Robert Lee returned a lot and Highland has some new guys that are big and fast.
I went to watch Robert Lee in the 3 team scrimmage at Rankin and I agree with you. People better not overlook them. Solid team that could easily make a good run.

Benjamin only has rigdon this year hope he stays healthy, klondike is overrated they look like they cant handle pressure, and Jayton to me revolve on a couple of guys, Balmorhea, Whitharral and Groom which all made playoffs last year is done for this year, I see Amherst and Paducah making a deep run, In D1 nobody is talking about Whiteface seems interesting because the lost to Rankin last year and really didnt lose anyone from last year, i think Happy is done and Valley is making a comeback
Your claims about Klondike, Jayton, Balmorhea, Whitharral, Groom, and Happy are just absurd. For Klondike, how can you get much more pressure than opening up the season with Happy? Which they beat soundly. Jayton has a whole lot more than just a couple of guys. Count out Balmorhea at your own risk. They battled injuries against Rankin and are definitely still a top 5 team. Whitharral and Groom are perennials and are far from "done." And same goes for Happy. That team is going to figure it out. They have the athletes, and the loss to Klondike shouldn't kill them because Klondike is a very solid team. Also Benjamin did lose a lot, but Rigdon is obviously great and they have more athletes to go with him.

I sure thought that Strawn would be a contender this season, especially when I heard the rumor that Chaca might return there. But even without him, I believed they would contend,and still might.
Just going by last years record and what DCTF said Crowell returned I thought Strawn might make a game of it. And they did in a way. The announcer pointed out Crowell played 7 playoff teams last year, several of which advanced. E.G. Benjamin, Loraine.
If I read the roster right the Hounds have 5 Sr's, one with not much prior playing time, another who didn't play last year, and another who is at least somewhat injured from what was said in the broadcast, and being held back as result. Per that roster they have 2 Jr's. A couple of the sophomore's played a little last year.
The Hounds were down by 28 at the half. Crowell came out and scored twice in the third, both xp's, a 44 point lead with 5:33 left. It would have been easy to fold at this point, one more mistake was all it would take. But SHS scored 5 more times taking the game down to under 3 minutes. They never quit, gave up, they have sand, grit.
Maybe that will help them down the road. There were still some bright spots to see, even in such a loss.
I'm probably in the doghouse now for saying too much.

Just going by last years record and what DCTF said Crowell returned I thought Strawn might make a game of it. And they did in a way. The announcer pointed out Crowell played 7 playoff teams last year, several of which advanced. E.G. Benjamin, Loraine.
If I read the roster right the Hounds have 5 Sr's, one with not much prior playing time, another who didn't play last year, and another who is at least somewhat injured from what was said in the broadcast, and being held back as result. Per that roster they have 2 Jr's. A couple of the sophomore's played a little last year.
The Hounds were down by 28 at the half. Crowell came out and scored twice in the third, both xp's, a 44 point lead with 5:33 left. It would have been easy to fold at this point, one more mistake was all it would take. But SHS scored 5 more times taking the game down to under 3 minutes. They never quit, gave up, they have sand, grit.
Maybe that will help them down the road. There were still some bright spots to see, even in such a loss.
I'm probably in the doghouse now for saying too much.
Not to steal Coach Lee's thunder, most of the 28-point deficit at halftime was self-inflicted. The Hounds giving up several possessions with Crowell recovering several onside kicks and a fumble or two in the first two quarters made the chance of a comeback slim, little, or none. Crowell looked like a solid well coached team and will be tough to beat.

Well girls and germs, lots of surprises this past week. Looking forward to the upsets of this week….but one game really was off to me and ol Walter! Why did The mighty Indians of Campbell cancel on Oakwood and play someone else? Karma struck tho as that new opponent beat them.

I had a relative tell me that there was also some smack talk by a coach but I haven’t confirmed it yet. Can anyone give Walter and I some info on it?

Later Germs!

Stay Prickly

Bear!!!!

Well me and Sweet T sure did enjoy all the football that was going on this weekend. GT, you know Sweet T said he saw a video or recording of the Campbell coach explaining why they had to change opponents. The way T was telling me is that everybody and their momma all went out the game for Campbell in the 1st qtr to Fannidel. The Falcons must have just plucked all them Indians off that field. Sounded like a bunch excuses is what T said. Campbell coach said he would win the next 5 games. Well surprise surprise! Campbell still didn't beat ole Chant. Guess he thought he was getting a lesser opponent. Probably should have just stuck with Oakwood, win or lose. Ya know me and sweet T thought Campbell had a shot at a district title since their coach was the all time leading passer at that college Elvis went to and was a big star college. GT, maybe we can get T and Walter together to go to a Campbell game this year, we will just have to make sure the schedule doesn't change. Seems like its a weekly thing over there, kinda like my dial up internet at the cabin.

Back