Follett VS Richland Springs

Like a politician I keep flip flopin on my thoughts about this one. Between history the last few years and watching them last weekend I want to think RS, maybe big. Then again last week was nearly all sophomore's vs nearly all senior's. History is History. I've read Follett has a hoss at RB. Video on another thread indicates they have a passing attack. But can they block? RS can Rush the Passer. They didn't make many mistakes last week. They created some but had a few gives. I've read Coach Burk is considered a defensive Guru and Coach Ethrige is a offensive Mastermind. And, I've not seen Follett. Guess I'll just have to go see for myself.

Woods can throw with the best of em. The kid has a cannon for an arm and quite accurate. I can see him giving RS fits with the deep balls. But for that to happen he has to have time for the routes to develop so his blockers need to slow down the rushers and Woods himself needs to create time and not panic under pressure.

Bob Marley":2xykt1pc said:
Woods can throw with the best of em. The kid has a cannon for an arm and quite accurate. I can see him giving RS fits with the deep balls. But for that to happen he has to have time for the routes to develop so his blockers need to slow down the rushers and Woods himself needs to create time and not panic under pressure.

RS rush does not bode well for anyone needing time. If he's gonna use that cannon, he best get it off quick. RS has one of the best Pass Rush defenses I have seen. (The boys AIN'T all offense).

Woods is a good QB if he has a good day Follett has a chance. The problem is you have to beat RS before they are not #1. A great program and I am from the west.

terminator94":iz0wp08w said:
This is gonna be RS toughest game.
Im supprised your narrow minded enough to even think that. Im pretty sure the real state champoinship for d2 was played in richland springs second round with jonesboro.

twodollarbill":1ei8nvj1 said:
wths":1ei8nvj1 said:
twodollarbill":1ei8nvj1 said:
RS by 45 rule

No way that happens. RS may win convincingly but 45 isn't gonna be the difference.

No way that happens, except for the way that it DID happen.
Good Season Follett & congrats to the Coyotes.

Ya it did happen and I can guarantee you that if Follett would have won I wouldn't be on here saying I told you so! Haha good season to the Panthers and congrats to the Coyotes on another title.

wths":1yur0e8d said:
twodollarbill":1yur0e8d said:
wths":1yur0e8d said:
twodollarbill":1yur0e8d said:
RS by 45 rule

No way that happens. RS may win convincingly but 45 isn't gonna be the difference.

No way that happens, except for the way that it DID happen.
Good Season Follett & congrats to the Coyotes.

Ya it did happen and I can guarantee you that if Follett would have won I wouldn't be on here saying I told you so! Haha good season to the Panthers and congrats to the Coyotes on another title.

I never said I told you so, nor would I have.
I think if you can read I said Good Season to Follett.
I am by far (probably by furthest) a RS fan. But I do recognize Champions. They deserve it.

rainjacktx":tghz0bsa said:
I said over a week ago that I think Follett will be the new D-II champions. I still think that.
I cant believe the Jac was wrong.
Who said RS by45?
Oh,
That would be me.

rockyT":jvc3n34u said:
terminator94":jvc3n34u said:
This is gonna be RS toughest game.
Im supprised your narrow minded enough to even think that. Im pretty sure the real state champoinship for d2 was played in richland springs second round with jonesboro.

I haven't posted much about our team on purpose until I knew it was over.... Today we played a good RIchland Springs team that was prepared and it was obvious they knew what to expect at this game. To get to this game for any team is an accomplishment. It bothers me, however, when statements like the one above are posted. While that game might have been more exciting, today's game was the state championship game....period! To say the above is taking away from a very hard working and dedicated team and coaches. At the beginning of the season, no one expected us to do much of anything with the coaching change much less make if to the state game. Coach Ethridge has done a fantastic job this year on and off the field. These boys have learned so much from all three coaches about life that will take them so much farther in life than just football knowledge. For that I'm grateful. People are free to express their opinions here but I'm here to tell you right now that our boys didn't have their best game today and more than likely had a bad case of the jitters. I congratulate RS as then played very well and congratulations Follett! You got to play in the state game and that will never be taken away from you...

First hats off to Follet! They finished the season with 5 losses and played in the State championship game. That may never be replicated. They played some tough competition this season which attributes to the losses. Losing 4 games and coming together to string together 6 wins in a row to make it to the finale is impressive!

If I took my hat off for Follet then I should completely remove my head for the Coyotes! :) I have had the pleasure of watching the Coyotes since 2007 when I moved into the area. Since moving I have watched them win 4 state titles in 6 football seasons. This years champions played with a lot of heart and teamwork. A great example of this years teams is #2 Ty Mann who won defensive Mvp today. #2 was pretty much the smallest kid on the field.....did he let that stop him? No! Whatever he lacked in size he made up with heart and determination! These kids deserve all the credit in the world for stepping up and beating teams that were bigger,faster and more athletic! (jonesboro\Milford)

Lesson to be learned here? Talent will only take teams so far.....its drive and determination that makes champions!

Congrats 2012 State champion Coyotes!

westexasflats":3s5lvm34 said:
sixmanalum":3s5lvm34 said:
This is a real life modern day David vs Goliath story. They Coyotes have speed, momentum, and down right talent. Follett has to worry about clock control. Long steady drives will win this game for them. If you keep the RS offense off the field as much as possible and steadily, and most importantly consistently, move the ball enough to get some points on the board each drive, thats the chance. RS will score 9/10 times. If you can get 3 or 4 yards each play and get the occasional 5 yarder out you can score each drive. Get RS on their toes and you might see that perfect little signal caller of theirs try and force a couple of passes, or maybe make a play that isnt there. Thats where you beat a team like richland. You wear them down, and you force mistakes. Follett making it to the show proves they aren't terrible. Now they are 40 minutes away from destiny.

80 yards to Glory
40 minutes to Destiny
1 game to history

Your gonna wear down RS ??? NO WAY
Well fellows I tried to warn you, I know the Coyotes they don't ever quit SIC 'EM COYOTES

Back