Follett VS Richland Springs

longhornfan1970":3ppl22fb said:
dodad2133":3ppl22fb said:
I may have to go by marys on the way to abilene next week. Those steaks still bigger than the plate?
Where is this " Mary's " I been hearing about. Looking for a good place to eat between ball games Saturday !!!
You can get a better chicken fry in Throckmorton at that cafe across the street from Barrington's shop..............just sayin'

After seeing Follett play, RS will indeed have their hands full with the Woods kid and the other RB they have. Follett has a big and fast offensive/defensive line and do their assignments very well. With that said, I still see RS with the win but I do expect a great game. I do not see RS by 45 unless they can contain the Woods kid, which will be difficult. The young man is impressive and still has next year. Good luck to both teams.

You have to say rs will win right the follett coach dont watch film right. Thats what was posted by coach Burkhart himself before he deleted he message a few years back if i believe. I think the big question is will they shake hands after the game we all know the fall out was pretty ugly. I say follett by 6.

I think the "mind" games that are going to be played between the two coaches is going to be just as entertaining as the game. Ethridge has to know a lot of Burkhart's tricks so I think that will play a big factor into this game. Follett wins late 52-48

wths":3d402ubu said:
I think the "mind" games that are going to be played between the two coaches is going to be just as entertaining as the game. Ethridge has to know a lot of Burkhart's tricks so I think that will play a big factor into this game. Follett wins late 52-48
Ya think that might work both ways? Biggest "trick" I see that Burkhart uses is sound coaching ..........................................

Etheridge Is A Mastermind When It Comes To Sixman Offenses But With All He
Did Down In Richland It Was Burkharts Defenses That Carried The Coyotes. And Another
Weapon That Richland Always has That You Never Hear About A Sound Kicking game. It
Will Be Tight Early But RS Pulls Away In The Third.
RS 84, Follett 58.

rainjacktx":84yqola9 said:
Murdoch":84yqola9 said:
I have noticed on here how everyone is very impressed by what you think.

Says someone from San Saba county. Did you need help with the three-syllabled word?

Is it just me, or does the question, "Did you need help with the three-syllable (correct spelling) word?" seem kind of.... oh I don't know... STUPID?

The Assassin":u1exn64a said:
Did Down In Richland It Was Burkharts Defenses That Carried The Coyotes. And Another
Weapon That Richland Always has That You Never Hear About A Sound Kicking game. It
RS 84, Follett 58.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm pretty sure that Follett has an all-state kicker on their roster so again a draw there

wths":2on0b7c8 said:
The Assassin":2on0b7c8 said:
RS 84, Follett 58.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm pretty sure that Follett has an all-state kicker on their roster so again a draw there

Well I Stand Corrected! I Guess This Is The Second Time That Someone Else Had The Better Kicking Game Than RS.
In 04' And 05' TRock Had A Better kicking Game.

This is a real life modern day David vs Goliath story. They Coyotes have speed, momentum, and down right talent. Follett has to worry about clock control. Long steady drives will win this game for them. If you keep the RS offense off the field as much as possible and steadily, and most importantly consistently, move the ball enough to get some points on the board each drive, thats the chance. RS will score 9/10 times. If you can get 3 or 4 yards each play and get the occasional 5 yarder out you can score each drive. Get RS on their toes and you might see that perfect little signal caller of theirs try and force a couple of passes, or maybe make a play that isnt there. Thats where you beat a team like richland. You wear them down, and you force mistakes. Follett making it to the show proves they aren't terrible. Now they are 40 minutes away from destiny.

80 yards to Glory
40 minutes to Destiny
1 game to history

sixmanalum":2v3iffic said:
This is a real life modern day David vs Goliath story. They Coyotes have speed, momentum, and down right talent. Follett has to worry about clock control. Long steady drives will win this game for them. If you keep the RS offense off the field as much as possible and steadily, and most importantly consistently, move the ball enough to get some points on the board each drive, thats the chance. RS will score 9/10 times. If you can get 3 or 4 yards each play and get the occasional 5 yarder out you can score each drive. Get RS on their toes and you might see that perfect little signal caller of theirs try and force a couple of passes, or maybe make a play that isnt there. Thats where you beat a team like richland. You wear them down, and you force mistakes. Follett making it to the show proves they aren't terrible. Now they are 40 minutes away from destiny.

80 yards to Glory
40 minutes to Destiny
1 game to history

Your gonna wear down RS ??? NO WAY

westexasflats":384fqi2l said:
sixmanalum":384fqi2l said:

80 yards to Glory
40 minutes to Destiny
1 game to history

Your gonna wear down RS ??? NO WAY

Didn't say that was an easy tactic. But every team does have a weakness. If you can find a way to keep up with RS's offense, I could see a slight bit of panic in that powerful offense, and all it takes is one mistake to swing the tide of a ball game. Sure its more often seen in crowded field football, but how many times this season has RS really been behind in a game? If Follett can get the lead at some point and hold onto it, one of two things will happen. Richland will get more dangerous and aggressive with their playcalling, or they will try and make things happen and mistakes will build up. Odds are Follett doesn't have a chance. But football isn't a game decided by odds, its decided by the players on the field. Whoever wants it bad enough will be the team that goes down in history as state champions. I haven't seen Follett play this year, but I am willing to bet they didn't make it this far to just let RS win another one without a fight.

sixmanalum":3b3p97at said:

80 yards to Glory
40 minutes to Destiny
1 game to history

RS WILL score EVERY possession.
RS WILL bring heat on defense like you've likely never seen.
They make very few mistakes.

twodollarbill RS WILL score EVERY possession. RS WILL bring heat on defense like you've likely never seen. They make very few mistakes.[/quote said:
I haven't seen RS play this year but, from listening to the internet radio broadcast of the RS-Strawn game Saturday, that's exactly what they did to win. And it only took about a 5 minute span of Strawn making, what sounded to be, unforced errors for the game to go from manageable to out of reach.

You can score on RS. But to win, you have to score every time you have the ball, regardless of what you do on defense.

Back