Follett VS Richland Springs

rainjacktx":wsfdc3d4 said:
twodollarbill RS WILL score EVERY possession. RS WILL bring heat on defense like you've likely never seen. They make very few mistakes.[/quote:wsfdc3d4 said:
I haven't seen RS play this year but, from listening to the internet radio broadcast of the RS-Strawn game Saturday, that's exactly what they did to win. And it only took about a 5 minute span of Strawn making, what sounded to be, unforced errors for the game to go from manageable to out of reach.

You can score on RS. But to win, you have to score every time you have the ball, regardless of what you do on defense.
You are correct, sir.....................................................

smokeyjoe53":osbjaq1y said:
rainjacktx":osbjaq1y said:
twodollarbill RS WILL score EVERY possession. RS WILL bring heat on defense like you've likely never seen. They make very few mistakes.[/quote:osbjaq1y said:
I haven't seen RS play this year but, from listening to the internet radio broadcast of the RS-Strawn game Saturday, that's exactly what they did to win. And it only took about a 5 minute span of Strawn making, what sounded to be, unforced errors for the game to go from manageable to out of reach.

You can score on RS. But to win, you have to score every time you have the ball, regardless of what you do on defense.
You are correct, sir.....................................................

I've Only Been Involved In Sixman Since '04 and the Best Game Ive
Seen Was In 04' When RS Beat TRock 22-14. That Was As Defensive As
It Probably Gets In Sixman. From What Ive Seen A good offense THAT HAS BALANCE Is Impossible To Stop
Not Because Of So Much Their Scheme But Because The Way The Rules Of The
Game Are In Place. It Comes Down To Getting Extra Posessions. A Prime Example Was The Slugfests That RS
And Rule Had, defense was Non Existent. And Those PAT's Are Very Crucial.

twodollarbill":2fasqyvc said:
sixmanalum":2fasqyvc said:
This is a real life modern day David vs Goliath story. They Coyotes have speed, momentum, and down right talent. Follett has to worry about clock control. Long steady drives will win this game for them. If you keep the RS offense off the field as much as possible and steadily, and most importantly consistently, move the ball enough to get some points on the board each drive, thats the chance. RS will score 9/10 times. If you can get 3 or 4 yards each play and get the occasional 5 yarder out you can score each drive. Get RS on their toes and you might see that perfect little signal caller of theirs try and force a couple of passes, or maybe make a play that isnt there. Thats where you beat a team like richland. You wear them down, and you force mistakes. Follett making it to the show proves they aren't terrible. Now they are 40 minutes away from destiny.

80 yards to Glory
40 minutes to Destiny
1 game to history

RS WILL score EVERY possession.
RS WILL bring heat on defense like you've likely never seen.
They make very few mistakes.

Well sir if that happens I'm sure there wont be to many shockers there. But don't count Follett out. Its one game, and anything can happen. I personally would like to see someone put down the coyotes to prove it could happen. Will it happen, probably not. But if possibly the best six man football team in the state of Texas goes into this game taking Follett lightly, they better be ready for a hell of a fight.

it's going to be a shootout in Shotwell on Saturday and it's going to come down to who has the ball last. Follett is young and these kids haven't been in a game of this magnitude. I think they are naive enough to think they can really take down the all mighty Richland Springs Coyotes. Woods will be the ultimate difference maker. 90 percent of Ethridge's offense runs through his hands. If Woods can handle RS pressure and make them pay for it, which I think he can, then Follett will win by 12. 80-68

Your gonna wear down RS ??? NO WAY

Kudos to RS on their big victory last Saturday. After Strawns great start last week (led, tied, tied), then watching things go down hill I tried to find consolation in small things. RS is tuff and they beat the Hounds soundly although SHS helped them with multiple fumbles and a couple of dropped TD passes. When it got up to 60-30 in the 3rd I thought it was going to be near impossibe to come back against them. When they got up 44 with a ways to go it was "oh crap" it's about to be over. But in spite of having to know they would not win the Hounds didn't fold. They got up off the mat so to speak 3 times to score and finish the game. That said alot to me about their character. Another small victory to me was as this last part was happening late in the 4th seeing RS players walking slowly back to the huddle, hands on hips, breathing hard (Bush included).
SHS did wear them down just enough to keep from getting 45'd. They played hard almost mistake free ball but they looked like they knew they had been in a full game and just couldn't finish the "kill".

" Follett is young and these kids haven't been in a game of this magnitude. I think they are naive enough to think they can really take down the all mighty Richland Springs Coyotes."

At least 5 of RS starters - both ways - are Seniors. Be ready for their louder than Strawn's horn. I think we turned ours down a little a couple of years ago because it got to be anoying to even some of our own fans when you score a lot (I know it was moved further away from the stands at home). It's more like a train blast 3x when they score. And, if they get a big lead they will start blastin gloom & doom songs over a (pretty loud) jam box.
Better hit em' hard ever play, all game long.

Both coaches know each other well, they both know each others tendancies. Both teams have watched so much film of each other, heck I bet both coaches have a playbook from each other. The team that wins will be the team that can change their offence up just enough to throw the other's defence off.

51eleven were you at the game and that horn... most annoying thing in all of football. Follett plays with heart, but looses by 24 and never gives up.

B6MF":i8yi6jw2 said:
51eleven were you at the game and that horn... most annoying thing in all of football. Follett plays with heart, but looses by 24 and never gives up.

I started to go down and ask the guy running ours if he could turn it up.

oneday":2454j8ao said:
Strawn started all that air horn stuff I believe...

My hearing may be getting worse with age but I still think ours is not as loud as it used to be. And it did get moved further away from the stands at home a few years back. I think there should be decibel limit on all of them. Then again I've read and heard if it's too loud your too old, or, as Shane said "if it's too loud, back up".
The people living around the stadium in Hico (or anywhere, though not a problem in Strawn) probably do't appreciate it.

I usually sit back and read what everyone has to say...but on the topic of the RS horn...it is nothing less than impressive. And for the fans who dont like it, guess what? It is not for you! That horn is to get the players pumped up! If you dont like it or think it is too loud, maybe a football stadium is not where you should be! I was at the RS vs Strawn game. Strawn's horn was impressive as well, but when it came to POWER, RS definitely had it! Go big or go home right? It is texas football people! These days, nothing should surprise you. Battle of the horns!

footballfanatic6":3bx8pnja said:
I usually sit back and read what everyone has to say...but on the topic of the RS horn...it is nothing less than impressive. And for the fans who dont like it, guess what? It is not for you! That horn is to get the players pumped up! If you dont like it or think it is too loud, maybe a football stadium is not where you should be! I was at the RS vs Strawn game. Strawn's horn was impressive as well, but when it came to POWER, RS definitely had it! Go big or go home right? It is texas football people! These days, nothing should surprise you. Battle of the horns!

Just be glad you guys aren't in Div I Dist. 2. They don't allow devil's play such as music for the cheer leaders to dance to, or noises other than those emitted from junior high band instruments.

dodad2133":7n91kzam said:
The devils play music should'nt be a problem div1 dist2 teams are all playing basketball.

Every team in Class A Div II is playing basketball right now except for four. And in 48 hours, those four teams will be too.

footballfanatic6":1hou2qh6 said:
I'll be there tomorrow with bells on and earplugs in.. Might just sit on the RS side so the horn will be pointing away from me.
With no dog in the hunt I'll probably root for the underdogs though. Could end up being beat with a boat oar by goob.
As far as pumping up the players... I've come to think from hearing our horn the last few years that when it's that loud part of the intent could be to anoy, intimidate, and distract the opponent. If I was a HC I'd have the hornblower blowhard every time the opponent was on offense right after the come to they line and get set, just before the snap. Hey, it's Texas football, you do what you can legally get away with to win. Battle of the horniest.

Back