Cherokee vs Richland Springs 2023

otil_85

Six-man fan
It’s that time again . This will be a battle till the end . Both teams are looking pretty good going into this game . Cherokee wins by 20 . Cherokee will bring it Friday night at Home . Both teams are pretty much matched up . It will come down to who wants it worst .

Normally by now @Mike would have jumped in three or four times to remind the Indians and Coyotes to keep it civil! I think it’s been quiet because of the easy schedule by both teams, and maybe a little scared to jump in with the trash talk. The next three weeks in this district is going to be stressful. I’ll take Cherokee by a bunch of points. Neither team has really been tested yet, but I think the Indians have the most weapons.

Normally by now @Mike would have jumped in three or four times to remind the Indians and Coyotes to keep it civil! I think it’s been quiet because of the easy schedule by both teams, and maybe a little scared to jump in with the trash talk. The next three weeks in this district is going to be stressful. I’ll take Cherokee by a bunch of points. Neither team has really been tested yet, but I think the Indians have the most weapons.
I agree . But you can’t count out RS just yet . They do have some talent but I’m not sure that will be plenty to upset the Indians .

Our team hasn't played RS this year, but we did play Cherokee. If Cherokee plays defense like they did against Bluff Dale, I'll take RS by 20.

Our offense is way down this year (lost 4 or 5 starters), compared to last (only scoring about half the number of points per game), but we were still on the Cherokee side of the field every single possession. The score doesn't reflect it, but we had four missed TD where receivers were wide open and missed it or were overthrown. Even only scoring 6 points, the game still went 30 seconds short of a full three quarters. Maybe they had a bad game, who knows, but if they play like they did in that game, I'll pick them to lose.

Got a question for RS fans. I watched RS vs May JV play earlier this year. RS spreadback was the younger Ethridge kid. In my opinion he was head and shoulders better than anyone else on his team. Has he played all year on the JV, and now that district is here will he be moved to the Varsity to help that team?

Got a question for RS fans. I watched RS vs May JV play earlier this year. RS spreadback was the younger Ethridge kid. In my opinion he was head and shoulders better than anyone else on his team. Has he played all year on the JV, and now that district is here will he be moved to the Varsity to help that team?
same here

Billy Perry is their best kid on the field . Without him they don’t have a chance of beating Cherokee. That was a smart move for them to play a game on their off week otherwise he was going to sit out a half against Cherokee .

Our team hasn't played RS this year, but we did play Cherokee. If Cherokee plays defense like they did against Bluff Dale, I'll take RS by 20.

Our offense is way down this year (lost 4 or 5 starters), compared to last (only scoring about half the number of points per game), but we were still on the Cherokee side of the field every single possession. The score doesn't reflect it, but we had four missed TD where receivers were wide open and missed it or were overthrown. Even only scoring 6 points, the game still went 30 seconds short of a full three quarters. Maybe they had a bad game, who knows, but if they play like they did in that game, I'll pick them to lose.
I’ll let you tell the story , sounds better when you tell it .

They did in fact have a very bad game! Cherokee’s star player was sat out of the game in the first quarter, not sure if by the coach or officials. Cherokee also barely played one of their seniors since he was coming off a injury and the coach was subbing in younger players since it was homecoming night. Cherokee also had a special presentation for alumni after the game so the coach didn’t want the game to end early. On top of all that I’ve never seen so many flags in one game on both sides… veryyyy sloppy play and I was surprised they only gave up 6 points but a wins a win. This week is one of the biggest rivalries in the state and both teams will be ready. Valdez for Cherokee is a machine on offense and defense. I’ll take Cherokee by 16 in a shootout.

First legit test for both teams. Cherokee's best opponent so far was Menard, while Richland Springs was Coolidge. I'd have Cherokee as the slight favorite at the moment.

Back