Richland Springs Wins again

Klaaxctuu

Six-man fan
I don't see any comments from Cherokee at this time (12:30 AM Saturday-just got back from San Saba). I will say one thing: I happened to be standing close to the concession just before the game, and the Cherokee team walked by in single file. The were polite, one said "how's it going?" and another said "excuse me." Another had a very determined look in his eyes and I felt sorry for him if he ended up not winning. The game was very close, but certain factors and traits made it clear who won. I broke it down into OFFENCE, DEFENCE, RUNNING GAME/ PASSING GAME/KICKING GAME/ PERNALTIES. There are other factors that contribute to the outcome of the game, but I think these are the main ones.

OFFENCE RS + CHREROKEE +- (too one dimensional)
DEFENCE RS +- CHEROKEE +-
DEFENCE RS +- CHREROKEE +-
RUNNING GAME RS ++ CHEROKEE ++
PASSING GAME RS ++ CHEROKEE - (relied on the run too much)
KICKING GAME RS +- CHEROKEE --
PENALTIES RS -- * CHEROKEE +-

*One Coyote received a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty for something he said to a ref. Maybe he sang "Three blind mice, Three Blind mice" or asked him "What do you have against Richland Springs?" Who knows? We may never find out.

Cherokee kept up for quite a while, but the missed extra points really hurt them tonight. It was above and beyond effort from every player and coach. It is a shame someone had to lose.

i heard something that sounded something like “That SOB spit in my ear!”
I saw a lot of ear and face washing going on right after that.
Let’s not get it twisted. No Cherokee player spit in or on anyone on purpose. Don’t forget you are wearing helmets with face mask and a mouth piece. Cherokee plays tough but clean. RS won congratulations they were the better team and both games proved that. But all the Facebook posts saying I heard this and I heard that is not true. We coach our players to play hard and with honor and they do play that way! No fighting, cussing refs, or anything portraying bad character was called on a CHS player all year. I’m a Cherokee graduate and I have participated in every facet of the this rivalry as a player, fan, and coach. I played against some RS players dads and with some RS players dads that graduated from Cherokee and moved to RS. So, I for sure don’t like to lose to RS, but we did. Get on here and brag about your team, you’ve earned it, and I’ll suffer through every post, but don’t spread lies about young men that are not true. Life is hard enough on them with out your help. Through my clinched teeth, “Congratulations Coyotes”.

The problem with this forum concept is parents, fans, and agitators want to dirty the game and make it filthy with their comments and drama. Sixman doesn’t need any made up drama, the game is good enough by itself without your help.
Alan Berrio
Cherokee DC/ Head track
[email protected]

i heard something that sounded something like “That SOB spit in my ear!”
I saw a lot of ear and face washing going on right after that.

If it's the call I am thinking of, it was on the opposite side of the field from the RS fans. I was wondering what it was that drew the penalty. Matters not now. Game is over and we are moving on.

I tend to agree with @Thirtysix. Cherokee plays tough but fair and I am glad that they do. It is great to live in a county with 2 of 3 football teams that are playoff caliber. Very proud of San Saba County and its residents, players and coaches. If only something could be done about the Dillos. Would love to see them finally win one.

One coach I'd like to mention is Coach Clutch @ RS. I very much appreciate the enthusiasm and the way he interacts with the players. I hope he stays in RS for a while.

RS by 8 vs Oglesby.

CC

Let’s not get it twisted. No Cherokee player spit in or on anyone on purpose. Don’t forget you are wearing helmets with face mask and a mouth piece. Cherokee plays tough but clean. RS won congratulations they were the better team and both games proved that. But all the Facebook posts saying I heard this and I heard that is not true. We coach our players to play hard and with honor and they do play that way! No fighting, cussing refs, or anything portraying bad character was called on a CHS player all year. I’m a Cherokee graduate and I have participated in every facet of the this rivalry as a player, fan, and coach. I played against some RS players dads and with some RS players dads that graduated from Cherokee and moved to RS. So, I for sure don’t like to lose to RS, but we did. Get on here and brag about your team, you’ve earned it, and I’ll suffer through every post, but don’t spread lies about young men that are not true. Life is hard enough on them with out your help. Through my clinched teeth, “Congratulations Coyotes”.

The problem with this forum concept is parents, fans, and agitators want to dirty the game and make it filthy with their comments and drama. Sixman doesn’t need any made up drama, the game is good enough by itself without your help.
Alan Berrio
Cherokee DC/ Head track
[email protected]
Well said Coach. Let ‘em play we’ve all had our heyday. SMDH

Let’s not get it twisted. No Cherokee player spit in or on anyone on purpose. Cherokee plays tough but clean. RS won “Congratulations Coyotes”
Alan Berrio
Cherokee DC/ Head track
[email protected]
Let’s not get it twisted. I never said that a Cherokee player spit in or on anyone? I just said what it sounded something like. It could have been The Three Blind Mice song!? It could have just been drool. Or it could have been slobber.

Back