Playoff Predictions

david9h

11-man fan
Let's get this party started:

1st Round:
WF Wichita Christian over Richardson Canyon Creek by 45 - Might go 3 quarters but WCS takes it in a rout.

Longview Trinity over Spring Branch Living Rock by 30. If Spring Branch can hang around with San Marcos for 3 quarters, they can make a game of it with Trinity. Seven hours is a long bus ride though and, in the end, Trinity will pull away. Trinity got as good a draw as they could ask for in the bracket

Seguin Lifegate over Athens Christian by 45. And then there's the not so good draw! This one will be over at the half.

Fredericksburg Heritage over Alvin Living Stones by 45. I don't think it will be over at the half but I think Freddy will wear them down over the course of the game.

Quarterfinals:
Granbury NCTA over WF WCS by 16. This ought to be a really good contest. There is potential for an upset but Granbury's thoroughbred hasn't been stopped yet and until he is, Granbury rolls.

Longview Trinity over WF Notre Dame by 1. I think this will be a close game. Trinity got a taste last year and does not want to go home. They will step up here.

Seguin Lifegate over Bellville Faith by 45. Bellville will be rested but that won't do them any good. They will run into a buzzsaw in Sequin.

San Marcos Hill Country over Freddy by 30. I think it will be a better and closer game than the first time they played. Freddy is experienced in this arena and will throw a good game plan at San Marcos but, in the end, San Marcos will prove too tough for Freddy.

Semi's:
Granbury over Longview Trinity by 8. While I'll hold out hope for an upset by the Titans, I have to go with Coach Rasco in a closer game than the first contest.

San Marcos over Sequin by 30. If they did it once, they can do it again. San Marcos rolls on!

Finals:
San Marcos over Granbury by 30. San Marcos' defense is too stout for the running power of Mekhi Heyman. San Marcos takes the cheese!

Whatcha think?

Well, let's stir the pot a little, it's too quiet in here...I agree with most of your predictions David except:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that RCC is going to make it a closer game than what we all think. In fact, I'm going to say it goes 4 quarters but, in the end, WCS wins by 12.

Trinity/ND will be a great game. I've really got to figure out a way to get to that game. Too close to call or make a prediction, it'll be the game of the playoffs.

Everything else the same until the finals. It's awfully tiring trying to tackle those two big running backs all night, sorry day, and if NCTA's defense shows up I'm calling NCTA over SMHC by 16. Either way it's going to be a great state game.

I pray all stay healthy through the playoffs.

If Notre Dame is going to get over the hump, it has to be this year. Too much talent on this team to let it go to waste in another first-round exit. I think they get it done over Longview in a relatively close one.

WCS should roll in their opener, but will hit a brick wall against Granbury. They didn't have any answers for ND's Whitten a week ago, so they will need a better game plan against Granbury's bruising back. Offense needs to grind the tempo of the game way down and keep the ball out of his hands. Still, Granbury proves to be too much and sends the Stars fishin'. Probably at least a two score game.

Not as familiar with some of the other teams, but from reading about San Marcos here and some other places it seems like they are the real deal. Along with Granbury, it should be tough sledding to the State Title game for all contenders.

Too early to start predicting my team's future since there's a lot of football to be played before they take the field. But I will say this. This team is focused. They used that focus to make a statement in their district tltle game and I believe they will carry that over into the postseason. Can't wait till kickoff.

Here we go. Not so fast..lol.

WCS by 28

Freddy win by 20

Lifegate 45s them

Trinity wins by 40

We got some good coaching in the postseason. Can't wait to predict next week.

Back