D.2 Predictions

TebowTime15":3nszgvlw said:
Caprock kid":3nszgvlw said:
Because the compation isn't as good. There for it gives teams that wouldn't do so good in D1 a good chance to do 10x better than they have done in previous years.

I think some years you might be right, for example my senior year the DII State Champion (Motley County) would have gotten 45ed and then some by the DI State Champ (Richland Springs), but let me give you some scores for thought from this past year.

DI State Game: Crowell 78 May 52

DII State Game: Grandfalls-Royalty 73 Milford 28

Week 6: Follett 74 Crowell 58 (DI State Champ)

DII Semifinals: Grandfalls-Royalty 67 (DII State Champ) Follett 58

Therefore, and its not full proof because of injuries, grades, who knows what with high school kids, but the Grandfalls-Royalty Cowboys indirectly beat Crowell via Follett. Then again, I think Follett and Grandfalls are two of the best DII teams in recent history.
How about this then, Water Valley beat Grandfalls, then Crowell beat Water Valley. Therefore, Crowell would indirectly beat Grandfalls. I don't think you could make a big argument on Grandfalls' case

I don't see why this is even an issue. There are DI teams that will beat DII teams and visa versa. Buckholts hadn't won a district championship in years in DII and, after two years in DI, went undefeated. Just don't see how you bad mouth DII teams with Milford, Calvert, Richland Springs, Throckmorton and Jonesboro in it. Always amazed me, reading this argument, how we get pissed at 11-man fans for not repsecting what we do; and yet we do the same things amongst ourselves. Compare teams? Sure, that's fun. But to say an entire division is worthless is just plain ridiculous.

I saw the top two teams in D1 (Crowell and WV) and D2 (Grandfalls-Royalty and Follett) last year and I can guarantee you there was very little difference between the four. Think about this, WV beat GF-R and Follett, Crowell beat WV, Follett beat Crowell, GF-R beat Follett. I know that Lex Bond wasn't there when Follett beat Crowell but my point is that, at least last year, the best D2 teams were every bit as good as the best D1 teams. There is probably a larger gap at the bottom than there is at the top.

Caprock kid":1843lw10 said:
Because the compation isn't as good. There for it gives teams that wouldn't do so good in D1 a good chance to do 10x better than they have done in previous years.
Just like the competition in DI is not as good as it is in 1A-11 man dII
and theirs isn't as good as 1A-11 man DI
and theirs isn't as good as 2A-11 man DII
and theirs isn't as good as 2A-11 man DI
and theirs isn't as good as 3A-11 man DII
and theirs isn't as good as 3A-11 man DI
and theirs isn't as good as 4A-11 man DII
and theirs isn't as good as 4A-11 man DI
and theirs isn't as good as 5A-11 man DII
and theirs isn't as good as 5A-11 man DI
and theirs isn't as good as NCAA DIII
and theirs isn't as good as NCAA DII
and theirs isn't as good as NCAA DI
and theirs isn't as good as USFL
and theirs isn't as good as NFL

What's your point?

Divisions are based on school size, you know, the talent pool. A school that has 28 kids in it will be at a disadvantage to a school that has 93 kids in it. And even then, there are schools that rise above that. RS does it every year. Grandfalls did it last year. Throck did it 2 years ago when they only had 58 kids and won DI. They aren't supposed to be as good. Yet, sometimes they are.
Anyone who can win in their respective division has earned it. And they deserve the respect, not an asterisk because they happen to be in a smaller division.
Before there was a DI/DII, there were schools winning it all that would have been classified as DII.

Along the same lines, there are a lot of people on here who post things that are sometimes good, sometimes not so much, even though they are playing with "fewer players" upstairs.

CowboyP":3as3os9j said:
oldfat&bald":3as3os9j said:
Old Bearkat":3as3os9j said:
Johnny South":3as3os9j said:
When will the official predictions (rankings) be coming out?

When Leman gets tired of doing the unimportant things, like making a living.......

What?!?!? He doesn't spend all day goofing off on the computer?
I don't even get to do that.
Whatever!!!! Slacker

(and just so that this post isn't a complete hijacking)

DII rocks!!!!!

BTW, I'm puttin my money (the whole $1.42) on Throckmorton.

Cannot argue a lot about most of the concensus predictions EXCEPT I believe that everyone is putting Grandfalls-Royalty much higher than they will end up. They lost a 'boat load' of talent off the state championship team (by my count there were 9 seniors on the team) and while they return some really good underclassman players I believe the Cowboys will be hard pressed to find replacements for all those seniors expecially Burns and Marquez. About as good of a backfield tandem as I have seen at any level of 6-man football in a long, long time and then they could turn around and be 'lights out' on defense too.

He's been known to stir things up in the past but I thought he'd turned over a new leaf. What say Caprock Kid, you just stirring things up or do you really have it in for the D2 little schools?

WV Backer":1s5lh4ev said:
He's been known to stir things up in the past but I thought he'd turned over a new leaf. What say Caprock Kid, you just stirring things up or do you really have it in for the D2 little schools?

He has a public education from Paducah. Trying to figure him out is like trying to figure out why a slug shrinks when you put salt on it. It just does.

Back