D.2 Predictions

Region I-Groom and Follett, Lefors-the dark horse (just because I am partial and the potential is there even though they are young)

Region II-Grandfalls and Blackwell

Region III-Motley County and Throckmorton (this is the toughest region in my opinion)

Region IV-Richland Springs and Clavert

Groom and Grandfalls-Grandfalls wins

Motley County and Richland Springs-Motley County wins

Grandfalls State Champs

Div II :

I think Throckmorton will be down... (WAY DOWN) and with Coach Reed leaving, that just confirms how down the hounds will be.

If you want to talk excitement in Div. II

You may want to talk Richland Springs and Paducah
Paducah brings back Pretty much EVERYONE that was of importance , including O. Mathis.

Wonder Dog":2p4pqtny said:
Div II :

I think Throckmorton will be down... (WAY DOWN) and with Coach Reed leaving, that just confirms how down the hounds will be.

If you want to talk excitement in Div. II

You may want to talk Richland Springs and Paducah
Paducah brings back Pretty much EVERYONE that was of importance , including O. Mathis.

I don't think there's too much excitement at all in Division II

Even though I am from Paducah. I still am not very fond of D2. But as a fan of six man I will still pull for the Dragons. Maybe this is what they need to become a tradition in six man just as other schools have done in D2.

Winning traditions are built in all classifications and divisions. D2 schools just do it with fewer kids. Just like the D1 schools or the 2A schools or the 6A. D2 is not a red headed step child. Why do some folks choose to put D2 in the same category that crowded field schools put on 6 man in general? How is it any different?

Because the compation isn't as good. There for it gives teams that wouldn't do so good in D1 a good chance to do 10x better than they have done in previous years.

Caprock kid":387gfy4u said:
Because the compation isn't as good. There for it gives teams that wouldn't do so good in D1 a good chance to do 10x better than they have done in previous years.

I think some years you might be right, for example my senior year the DII State Champion (Motley County) would have gotten 45ed and then some by the DI State Champ (Richland Springs), but let me give you some scores for thought from this past year.

DI State Game: Crowell 78 May 52

DII State Game: Grandfalls-Royalty 73 Milford 28

Week 6: Follett 74 Crowell 58 (DI State Champ)

DII Semifinals: Grandfalls-Royalty 67 (DII State Champ) Follett 58

Therefore, and its not full proof because of injuries, grades, who knows what with high school kids, but the Grandfalls-Royalty Cowboys indirectly beat Crowell via Follett. Then again, I think Follett and Grandfalls are two of the best DII teams in recent history.

You could make a case but since we are all in the same boat. Water Vally beat both Follett and Gf. But Crowell beat Water Valley so your Assumption has holes as do almost everyone's.

Caprock kid":20xn5cu5 said:
You could make a case but since we are all in the same boat. Water Vally beat both Follett and Gf. But Crowell beat Water Valley so your Assumption has holes as do almost everyone's.

TebowTime15":20xn5cu5 said:
Therefore, and its not full proof because of injuries, grades, who knows what with high school kids, but...

Back