Underinformed Predictions

OutsideObserver

11-man fan
Lets get some fun forums going again. I'm gonna post my super uninformed predictions off what I think I know. I'm gonna post my predictions in each district(1st and 2nd) and what round they make it to. It'll be two posts one for each division.

Major Upsets
Klondike over Balmorhea
Jayton over Strawn (Just based off last year)

State Semis
Benjamin over Klondike
Loraine Over Oglesby

State Championship
Benjamin over Loraine

District 1
W-Groom (Round 2)
R-Hedley (Round 1)

District 2
W-Whitharral (Round 2)
R- Amherst (Round 1)

District 3
W-Balmorhea (Round 3)
R-Sanderson (Round 1 )

District 4
W-Klondike (Round 4)
R-Loop (Round 1)

District 5
W-Jayton (Round 3)
R-Motley County (Round 1)

District 6
W-Benjamin(State Champs)
R- Paducah(Round 1)

District 7
W-Throckmorton(Round 1)
R-Paint Creek (Round 1)

District 8
W-Newcastle (Round2)
R-Strawn(Round 2)

District 9
W-Oakwood(Round 2)
R-Fannindel(Round 1)

District10
W-Bynum(Round 2)
R- Mount Calm(Round 1)

District 11
W-Ogelsby (Round 4)
R-Calvert (Round 3)

District 12
W-Cranfills Gap (Round 1)
R- Walnut Springs (Round 1)

District 13
W-Loraine(State Runner Up )
R-Blackwell(Round 2)

District 14
W-Rising Star(Round 1)
R- Panther Creek(Round 1)

District 15
W-Blanket(Round 1)
R-Gustine(Round 1)

District 16
W-Richland Springs (Round 3)
R-Rochelle(Round 2)

District 8 will be Newcastle and Goldberg
RS WILL MAKE STATE GAME AND LOSE
Honestly I don't know enough in District 8 to know, it'll depend a lot on how Strawn rebuilds and what this new crew can do. I also think this district could have some upsets if someone catches Newcastle or Strawn early in district or with injuries.
RS has a good group coming up, but I'm gonna go with experience. Loraine returns every player from their team last year. RS loses Bryant, Capps, Nilson, and Garcia. Only stud I see them brining back is Keston Lusty who, if he's anything like his brother, can do a lot defensively, but won't be able to carry the team on offense. Cohen Tharp returns as a 2nd team All State Tight End I don't worry about RS ability to stop some easier teams from scoring. I worry that they will have the issue of only putting up 35-40 points a game.

Honestly I don't know enough in District 8 to know, it'll depend a lot on how Strawn rebuilds and what this new crew can do. I also think this district could have some upsets if someone catches Newcastle or Strawn early in district or with injuries.
RS has a good group coming up, but I'm gonna go with experience. Loraine returns every player from their team last year. RS loses Bryant, Capps, Nilson, and Garcia. Only stud I see them brining back is Keston Lusty who, if he's anything like his brother, can do a lot defensively, but won't be able to carry the team on offense. Cohen Tharp returns as a 2nd team All State Tight End I don't worry about RS ability to stop some easier teams from scoring. I worry that they will have the issue of only putting up 35-40 points a game.
Interesting take for sure. If truth is ever found in this site RS added a heck of a athlete from San Saba so that should give them the offensive fire power needed with the big dogs they got returning. Plus two vacancies still posted for coaches. I think it is unwise to think they won’t be back to state this year. The only thing that kept them from it last year is now on the other half of the state.

As for Strawn I think they will play tough in district but won’t come out

Interesting take for sure. If truth is ever found in this site RS added a heck of a athlete from San Saba so that should give them the offensive fire power needed with the big dogs they got returning. Plus two vacancies still posted for coaches. I think it is unwise to think they won’t be back to state this year. The only thing that kept them from it last year is now on the other half of the state.

As for Strawn I think they will play tough in district but won’t come out
I think the Quarterfinals game for Region 4 is going to be a good one and Strawn's district could be interesting as well.

Richland Springs most definitely needs to work on their 2 point conversions (PAT). Their PAT success last season was subpar. As the season progresses (especially in the play-offs), 2 points could be a determing factor in wins. I forecast that Richland will score on average about 60 points/game based on what I hear about their reloaded offense. Especially when considering the much debated San Saba transfer. 2021 All-State Keston Lusty will once again greatly contribute to Richland's defense. Knowing that this is his Senior year, I have no doubt he will play with even greater intensity and determination. His defensive talent and True Grit runs in the family. His brother Hutton (now serving in the United States Marine Corps) was also All-State defensively. His father Bucky Lusty set a record for most tackles in a 6-man game. Around 1996 he made 32 unassisted tackles against Moran. I predict that Richland Springs and Benjamin will be traveling to Arlington in December. My only hedge would be a strong resurgence of the Cherokee Indians. It's going to be one hell of a season.

Richland Springs most definitely needs to work on their 2 point conversions (PAT). Their PAT success last season was subpar. As the season progresses (especially in the play-offs), 2 points could be a determing factor in wins. I forecast that Richland will score on average about 60 points/game based on what I hear about their reloaded offense. Especially when considering the much debated San Saba transfer. 2021 All-State Keston Lusty will once again greatly contribute to Richland's defense. Knowing that this is his Senior year, I have no doubt he will play with even greater intensity and determination. His defensive talent and True Grit runs in the family. His brother Hutton (now serving in the United States Marine Corps) was also All-State defensively. His father Bucky Lusty set a record for most tackles in a 6-man game. Around 1996 he made 32 unassisted tackles against Moran. I predict that Richland Springs and Benjamin will be traveling to Arlington in December. My only hedge would be a strong resurgence of the Cherokee Indians. It's going to be one hell of a season.
Cases in point regarding 2 point conversions:
In 2011 - SA The Winston defeated SA Town East 122 - 120.
In 2017 - Campbell defeated Fannindel 125 - 122. So far, this is the highest scoring game in 6-man football.

sure got Klondike pretty high they got mauled up by a freshman last year in playoffs, got them out 2nd round again Balmorhea should take it
Weaver from Whitharral who was a senior is who hurt Klondike last year. Klondike returns 5/6 on both sides of the ball. I think Klondike/Balmorhea 3rd round is looking to be a good game

Lets get some fun forums going again. I'm gonna post my super uninformed predictions off what I think I know. I'm gonna post my predictions in each district(1st and 2nd) and what round they make it to. It'll be two posts one for each division.
State Semis
Benjamin over Klondike
Loraine Over Oglesby

Oglesby has a running back that is top 5 in Dll this year.If he stays healthy watch out..

Back