State game.

Footballfan1986":1jhbovxn said:
I think Crowell has won every game this season by mercy rule except the game against Calvert which was called on account of weather (lightning). Does anyone know whether a 6 man team has ever "run the table" so to speak? Meaning has a 6 man team ever won every game of the season by mercy rule?

If Crowell goes on to win these next two games by mercy rule they will have played an entire season without ever having played a complete game.

Ira could of held up its own to Crowell if it would have been healthy. They were missing 3 starters in the game and had one playing 2 playing on injury all game. The Bulldogs were a lot better team then they played as last Friday night. Actually the dirty play by Garden City cost Ira a chance at the state title. Ira lost due to not be healthy. I am not saying Crowell wouldn't of won because they were a very good team and very well could of pulled it out but Ira could of held its own. Did I mention the Crowell Head coach told the Ira head coach they are the oly team in the state to stop their offense. All of the Crowell TD's were on busted plays. Also for Ira to be missing the starting QB who has ran the offense all year and told the players what to do on every play. that's a big loss because that fresh sophomore couldn't worry about everyone else he had to worry about himself. So the Crowell Wildcats are good but not that good. I'd take the 16 senior boys from Ira over the 10 from Crowell any day! And by the way Crowell wouldn't even make the top 5 teams to ever play sixman if they mad a Ranking.
1. 05 Throckmorton Greyhounds
2. 09 Throckmorton Greyhounds
3. 85 Jayton Jaybirds
4. 82 Highland Hornets
5. 09 Ira Bulldogs
(only 3 on the list actually won state; 2 battled injuries and adversity they could not handle; 09 Ira lost 2 starters in semi-final loss, and 09 Throck team lost to GC by extra points that they missed 20 yards away because a kid was penalized repeatedly for praising his God after he scored a TD multiple times.) Arguably Crowell would be on my top 10 but they are nothing overwhelming. I think that the Bulldogs could have gave them a run for their lunch money fully loaded.

WestTexasKid":2d28rsq5 said:
Footballfan1986":2d28rsq5 said:
I think Crowell has won every game this season by mercy rule except the game against Calvert which was called on account of weather (lightning). Does anyone know whether a 6 man team has ever "run the table" so to speak? Meaning has a 6 man team ever won every game of the season by mercy rule?

If Crowell goes on to win these next two games by mercy rule they will have played an entire season without ever having played a complete game.

Ira could of held up its own to Crowell if it would have been healthy. They were missing 3 starters in the game and had one playing 2 playing on injury all game. The Bulldogs were a lot better team then they played as last Friday night. Actually the dirty play by Garden City cost Ira a chance at the state title. Ira lost due to not be healthy. I am not saying Crowell wouldn't of won because they were a very good team and very well could of pulled it out but Ira could of held its own. Did I mention the Crowell Head coach told the Ira head coach they are the oly team in the state to stop their offense. All of the Crowell TD's were on busted plays. Also for Ira to be missing the starting QB who has ran the offense all year and told the players what to do on every play. that's a big loss because that fresh sophomore couldn't worry about everyone else he had to worry about himself. So the Crowell Wildcats are good but not that good. I'd take the 16 senior boys from Ira over the 10 from Crowell any day! And by the way Crowell wouldn't even make the top 5 teams to ever play sixman if they mad a Ranking.
3. 85 Jayton Jaybirds
4. 82 Highland Hornets
5. 09 Ira Bulldogs
(only 3 on the list actually won state; 2 battled injuries and adversity they could not handle; 09 Ira lost 2 starters in semi-final loss, and 09 Throck team lost to GC by extra points that they missed 20 yards away because a kid was penalized repeatedly for praising his God after he scored a TD multiple times.) Arguably Crowell would be on my top 10 but they are nothing overwhelming. I think that the Bulldogs could have gave them a run for their lunch money fully loaded.

Your Bulldogs were very talented and well coached no doubt. Those attributes are why they made a deep run this year but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Where's that popcorn again.........

WildcatClassOf89":arwxrwew said:
WestTexasKid":arwxrwew said:
Footballfan1986":arwxrwew said:

3. 85 Jayton Jaybirds
4. 82 Highland Hornets
5. 09 Ira Bulldogs

Your Bulldogs were very talented and well coached no doubt. Those attributes are why they made a deep run this year but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Where's that popcorn again.........

If....if my uncle had breasts he would be my aunt

If Ira had Adrian Peterson and Barry Sanders in their backfield they probably would have won....
But in all seriousness.. I think Crowell is good.. But not in my all time top 5, or probably even in my top 10 all time for that matter.. I still stand by my belief that there is a bit of a talent drought in six man.
Also, ending a playoff run due to injuries is tough, feel sorry for those Ira boys that are always going to wonder if they would have been able to hang with/beat Crowell.. Easily the most painful way to end a season/career

If wishes were horses beggars would ride. My Granny (I also liked wish in one hand, spit in the other, see which one fills up first).
If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he lands. Joe Namath (I think).
If, if,if. If I had a fifth of whiskey I Might be drunk. Emmitt Smith after a loss to reporters.

WestTexasKid":304bdg2t said:
Footballfan1986":304bdg2t said:

3. 85 Jayton Jaybirds
4. 82 Highland Hornets
5. 09 Ira Bulldogs

Is that what he told Bret Tyler to? It didn't matter if Ira had their QB or not it's not like he threw the ball much in his life just handed it off Ira screwed up by trying to be Crowell in having the Morris kid try to pass like I said in the beginning Morris left Morris right that's all they could do. That monkey on their back just keeps getting bigger.

WestTexasKid":d96zukj1 said:
Footballfan1986":d96zukj1 said:

3. 85 Jayton Jaybirds
4. 82 Highland Hornets
5. 09 Ira Bulldogs

Are you saying that is your top five teams of all time there? How in the world can leave RS 2004 and 2007 out?

While I thought this thread was about this years games I guess it has digressed.
They didn't 45 a couple of regular season opponents but Trinidad in 98 did so to all in the playoff's.
Including undefeated Strawn in the semi. While it takes 6 they had a buzz saw named Damien Jackson.
If you want dominating teams in the final and throughout the playoff's, they did so.

Go support 6man. It's an incredible opportunity for the sport. A great team builder for coaches and players.
Private, public, home schooled. Bring a friend that' never seen a sixman game. Best deal you'll ever get on seeing Jerry World. The seats you set in run into the hundreds of dollars for a major event.
Exceeding their attendance projections will encourage attention to the sport.

We're heading out to Arlington and JerryWorld in a couple hours ourselves, should be about a 5 1/2 hour drive from White Deer, and one of my sons and his family is leaving Lubbock to meet us at the motel.
Prayers going out for safe travels for all the fans and all teams involved, and injury free contests Saturday. Looking forward to seeing my fellow sixman fans there!!

Back