AT&T time allotted.

The more I think back on my eye test with Westbrook offense and Gordon defense...
Calmly confident
#DefenseWinsChampionships
#hookem
I know I was not 100% convinced at the true level of this defense just because of the competition.
Yes, Milford put up 34, but only 12 on the starting D.
When the D completely smothered Abbott and Jonesboro, I knew I was watching the real deal!
#unbiasedobservations
#hookem

Also thought Gordon might be a bit intimidated playing in AT&T. I was mistaken.
In the games where they gave up points this season, the opponent scored on their opening possession. Then nothing till a random TD with the game already decided.
Except Milford...they scored on their first 2 possessions. Their speed was an adjustment Gordon had to make. Coolest sequence for me this post season was Reed #3 chasing down the Milford speedster back at the 5 and Gordon held with minus yardage on the goal to go series. That's when I knew how good they were.

Their speed definitely rattled those Westbrook players. Those are some fast kids.
In the games where they gave up points this season, the opponent scored on their opening possession. Then nothing till a random TD with the game already decided.
Except Milford...they scored on their first 2 possessions. Their speed was an adjustment Gordon had to make. Coolest sequence for me this post season was Reed #3 chasing down the Milford speedster back at the 5 and Gordon held with minus yardage on the goal to go series. That's when I knew how good they were.
I watched that game. That’s the game I knew they were really fast. For me as impressive as the speed was today it’s the level of maturity displayed by such a young group of players. Which makes them that much more scary for next few years.

For me as impressive as the speed was today it’s the level of maturity displayed by such a young group of players. Which makes them that much more scary for next few years.
Pedigree. There are grandsons of Gordon's '68 Regional Championship team playing now. Their dads did it in '96 and '99. Coach Reed preaches consistency and level emotions. Nothing is as good or bad as it seems. Go to work every play. Have fun.

Back