State game.

Caprock kid

11-man fan
As it looks now Crowell will be playing Blum and Throck will be playing Groom. Just my prediction I also predict both games will end in the 45 point rule. Crowell and Throck being state champs. Agree or Disagree?

I think you are correct. I think the mercy rule will apply in the rest of the games this season for Crowell and Throckmorton. Valley was impressive in their game against Happy but I don't think anyone can hang with Crowell.

I think Crowell has won every game this season by mercy rule except the game against Calvert which was called on account of weather (lightning). Does anyone know whether a 6 man team has ever "run the table" so to speak? Meaning has a 6 man team ever won every game of the season by mercy rule?

If Crowell goes on to win these next two games by mercy rule they will have played an entire season without ever having played a complete game.

I hope whoever plays Crowell studies film and has a perfect strategy going into the game. Even then doing all that won't help them win but maybe it will make the game last all 4 quarters. I don't know if it's just me but I think a 45ing at state looks bad!

Footballfan1986":32a4g7wz said:
I think Crowell has won every game this season by mercy rule except the game against Calvert which was called on account of weather (lightning). Does anyone know whether a 6 man team has ever "run the table" so to speak? Meaning has a 6 man team ever won every game of the season by mercy rule? .
Richland Springs 2007

No RS did not they won the state game by 44 points... Don't quote me on that though. That Rule team was good though it was a shame that group of boys never won a state title.

I think Blum will represent the East in Div I. As far as the West, Crowell will have to defeat a much improved and IMHO very dangerous Valley team.
Remember, Valley lost to Ira by over 40 early in the season, lost to Happy by a similar margin a few weeks later, but have regrouped and 45'd that same Happy team last weekend.
Crowell is more than capable of winning against Valley, as long as they remain focused and don't feed into the hype seen on this BBS.
In DII, I think it will be Throckmorton versus Groom, which would be wonderful for my family, as my son graduated from Groom, I graduated from Crowell way back in '84...........the odds of both of us seeing our alma maters competing for a state title in the same stadium in back to back games.........it was something I didn't even contemplate until a couple weeks ago.
Regardless, tickets for the games were purchased a few weeks ago, hotel rooms reserved (we had a great time last season and decided to watch this year's title game regardless of whether Crowell or Groom made it to the big show), hope to see some of you there! I'd love to have a meet and greet with other posters on this site and just have a good time watching the games.

See ya there!!

crawford":1axdksnt said:
RS did not 45 Rule in the state title game in 2007.
I stand corrected. In my haste, I saw that it was 98-54 and did not actually do the math. So, I guess you could say that they were 1 point from running the table. A feat which is still impressive and has not yet been topped.

Caprock kid":24destx4 said:
As it looks now Crowell will be playing Blum and Throck will be playing Groom. Just my prediction I also predict both games will end in the 45 point rule. Crowell and Throck being state champs. Agree or Disagree?
I agree with your predicted final outcomes, Caprock, however I think you might be missing the boat on May. I've seen the Tigers play twice this year and Blum once and I think May might just take it to them. I will admit that I saw Blum vs. the WV in Hico and they've probably improved a lot since then but they seemed to be more of a finess team at that time. I watched May grind out a win vs. the WV at home and then do the same against Gordon last Saturday. While not particularly imaginative, their offense just wears you down until the big plays start to happen. You may be correct in the end but don't sleep on the May Tigers.

WV Backer":18i5nyol said:
Caprock kid":18i5nyol said:
I agree with your predicted final outcomes, Caprock, however I think you might be missing the boat on May. I've seen the Tigers play twice this year and Blum once and I think May might just take it to them. I will admit that I saw Blum vs. the WV in Hico and they've probably improved a lot since then but they seemed to be more of a finess team at that time. I watched May grind out a win vs. the WV at home and then do the same against Gordon last Saturday. While not particularly imaginative, their offense just wears you down until the big plays start to happen. You may be correct in the end but don't sleep on the May Tigers.

I took that in to consideration about Mays offense and compared it to Abbott's they both try to wear you down with the running game. But Blum is a lot like Crowell in trying to make you think they will run but end up passing the ball all over the field and just when you think they are passing they run the ball, Blum and Crowell are very similar in the style of football they play just as Abbott and May,I just really see that game being a blow out Blum winning by 35+.

airboss32":n91243os said:
I'd love to have a meet and greet with other posters on this site and just have a good time watching the games...............
You sir are an extremely brave soul................. I've met a lot of these yahoos & it can be very traumatic.......

A few people got together between the State games the last year in Abilene for lunch.
Sitting together would force choosing a side...
Maybe a meet and greet before the game, at half time or after the game (which ever comes first) on one side?
Or, I remember a barbecue place across the street.

smokeyjoe53":3v8c91fc said:
airboss32":3v8c91fc said:
I'd love to have a meet and greet with other posters on this site and just have a good time watching the games...............
You sir are an extremely brave soul................. I've met a lot of these yahoos & it can be very traumatic.......

My kids were very embarrassed when the guy with the orange Mohawk sat at a table with us a few years back. Hell, I was too. To tell the truth. Fajita Pete is a pretty good guy though.

A few teams have come close to winning it all and winning every game via the mercy rule, missing by just one game...but no one has done it...

I thought that 1976 Marathon did it...because they only played 4 six-man games...but they didnt 45 Loop in their lone non-playoff six-man game...beat them by 42.

Back