Newcastle #2 in DII?

It is nice to see the Texas Sixman Coaches Association recognize Newcastle. While the DII Region 2 MVP is Grayson Rigdon, the Defensive MVP is Tallon Hayes and the Newcomer of the year is Keegan Hayes, Coach of the Year is Isaih Archer and Staff of Newcastle.

Also, 1st team SB is Issac King, TE is Ty Strawbridge and the Tight Center is Lucas Owen, all of Newcastle. Also of note for me is the 1st team Fullback, Robert Hinkson of Strawn.

Note, this is mis labeled as Region 1.

Congratulations to all of the players and Coaches referenced here, not just those I noted. Like Iron Mike.

I played against Tanner Woods and he was the best player I played against. And I played against a very good East all star team when there was no division split. Mason Pierce is another name that needs to be mentioned as well. Tanner didn't make the playoffs his senior year. Wheeler and Samnorwood did.
Mason Pierce was another solid football player from Patton Springs. He was a beast in all sports if I remember correctly. Being out here in the pasture, it's nice to think back about good players that put up big numbers before the split.

It is nice to see the Texas Sixman Coaches Association recognize Newcastle. While the DII Region 2 MVP is Grayson Rigdon, the Defensive MVP is Tallon Hayes and the Newcomer of the year is Keegan Hayes, Coach of the Year is Isaih Archer and Staff of Newcastle.

Also, 1st team SB is Issac King, TE is Ty Strawbridge and the Tight Center is Lucas Owen, all of Newcastle. Also of note for me is the 1st team Fullback, Robert Hinkson of Strawn.

Note, this is mis labeled as Region 1.

Newcastle had some good athletes this year and it showed. Just ran into a buzzsaw in the 2nd round. Losing those 2 seniors, King and Strawbridge, next year with bumping up division 1, (maybe in Gordon's district), could make things even tougher to rebuild and make playoffs.

Back