Rigdon????

Let's just say for instance Rigdon ran a 4.3 forty and under 11 in the 100m dash. Also, has an insane vertical and broad jump measures. He plays his whole career in sixman. Still puts up all the stats that he has and wins another state title. Do you guys think the Power 4 schools would offer him then? Or do y'all still think that Power 4 schools would be hesitant at signing him?
They wouldn't offer imo

Just because he only played Sixman?
Maybe some of the elites might not offer, desiring a more extensive 11 man resume? IDK, right now his stock is rising I do believe.
I've been pleasantly surprised at his averaging over 200 yds and 4 TD's a game. If he keeps that up or close to it most of the rest of the season into the playoff's it will garner further attention. Here's a good laugh for some, a 15 game season, 200 yd avg, 3000 yds, 4 TD's, 60. Add an 11 man ring? Anything close will turn still more heads.
I figure he will go where he feels the offer is best for him and his family. It's been a long road with many stops getting to here, and the family has grown.
Wyoming worked out pretty good for Josh Allen when he didn't get major offers.

Let's just say for instance Rigdon ran a 4.3 forty and under 11 in the 100m dash. Also, has an insane vertical and broad jump measures. He plays his whole career in sixman. Still puts up all the stats that he has and wins another state title. Do you guys think the Power 4 schools would offer him then? Or do y'all still think that Power 4 schools would be hesitant at signing him?
My opinion is that although he is a great athlete (best to play 6 man in my opinion), it would be hard for a Power 4 school to offer him much based on one season of 11 man. Too many great 11 man players around the country.

My opinion is that although he is a great athlete (best to play 6 man in my opinion), it would be hard for a Power 4 school to offer him much based on one season of 11 man. Too many great 11 man players around the country.
I suspect any offer made wouldn’t be based off 1 season of 11-man. More than likely he would be evaluated based on his total “Body of Work”. This would include 3 undefeated State Championship runs at the 6 man level. What he has accomplished on the basketball court. Leader of State Championship basketball team with the impressive fact he was one of the Nations leading scorers. We all witness his competitive drive and desire to win. Based on reports he has an insane work ethic and takes care of himself treating his body like a temple. To top it off he is now playing for a tremendous football program competing thus far with some high level Texas High school programs and excelling. Once the playoffs come if he continues to put up these numbers lots of eyes will be on him. Make no mistake Rigdon will be playing for a Power 4 next year. But just like you this is just my opinion. Very exciting to keep up with week to week and the anticipation of how this turns out.

Just because he only played Sixman?
Maybe some of the elites might not offer, desiring a more extensive 11 man resume? IDK, right now his stock is rising I do believe.
I've been pleasantly surprised at his averaging over 200 yds and 4 TD's a game. If he keeps that up or close to it most of the rest of the season into the playoff's it will garner further attention. Here's a good laugh for some, a 15 game season, 200 yd avg, 3000 yds, 4 TD's, 60. Add an 11 man ring? Anything close will turn still more heads.
I figure he will go where he feels the offer is best for him and his family. It's been a long road with many stops getting to here, and the family has grown.
Wyoming worked out pretty good for Josh Allen when he didn't get major offers.
I'm not putting down Wyoming in any means, heck to me D1 is D1. I'm just saying he is more than likely waiting for an offer from one of the Power 4 conferences.

I know I'm probably getting carried away from the topic, but I wonder if Derrick Henry would have played sixman. Does he get overlooked? I just don't see how if a kid has the size, skills, and talent doesn't get the offers he deserves. Especially if they go to camps and dominate as well. The eye test can tell you if a kid is D1 talent or not.

I think the one of the biggest drawbacks of a great 6-man athlete getting a look or opportunity is the week to week level of competition. That level of competition is a huge jump from high school to college - even for the guys in the largest classifications. Those guys are playing against other DI cats almost every week. Some of them don't make that transition. I can see if it's a Derrick Henry type, he gets a preferred walk on status, then earns a scholarship from there.

Grayson Rigdon latest game statistics. 4 offensive plays and 3 TD’s. That’s crazy!

3 carries-140 yds-2 TD
1 reception-15 yds-TD
According to HUDL
First 5 games:
67 carries 1,028 yds 18 tds
12 receptions 128 yds 2 tds

Game 6
3 carries 140 yds 2 tds
1 reception 15 yds 1td

Over first 6 games
70 carries 1,168 yds 20 tds
13 receptions 143 yds 3 tds

50-0 as player

Absolutely with those numbers. He’s proven a good football player is a good football player, no matter the level. I always use Quan Cosby as an example…he played for Mart which we all know is 11-man, but that is a very small school that didn’t play lights out competition. Cosby was unbelievable and I put Rigdon in that same category. A kid like Cosby did and would’ve got recruited like crazy as a 6 man player. It’s an embarrassment that schools in Texas haven’t looked at Rigdon closer, especially with the new 105 scholarship limit.

The top ranked player in Nebraska last year was an 8-man player from tiny Ainsworth, Carter Nelson. He had offers from all over the nation and was ranked as the No. 43 player in the country. 6-4, 215. He also went to a lot of camps that got him seen. I don’t think Rigdon did that which likely hurt him with a lot of schools.

Josh Allen ended up at Wyoming...that turned out pretty well.

Not saying Grayson is Josh Allen, but stating that talent can be cultivated anywhere.

Opportunity is what is needed.

Josh Allen ended up at Wyoming...that turned out pretty well.

Not saying Grayson is Josh Allen, but stating that talent can be cultivated anywhere.

Opportunity is what is needed.
Josh wound up playing for Buffalo, how is that turning out pretty well?? Lol. Ever been to or heard about Buffalo? Gives Detroit a good name.

A think a lot of you might change your perspective if you went and watched Desoto vs Duncanville or a similar game live. 4.5 or laser 4.6 kids are a dime a dozen at that level. Rigdon is amazing in his own right, but the next level is insane.

A think a lot of you might change your perspective if you went and watched Desoto vs Duncanville or a similar game live. 4.5 or laser 4.6 kids are a dime a dozen at that level. Rigdon is amazing in his own right, but the next level is insane.
Like you say, at that 6A level there are some super athletes. But, just like watching the Dallas Cowboys, you have to wonder how Jones is able to hire the dumbest players on the planet! Natural athletes, but very few active brain cells.

I’ll take the Chaka type of player anytime over the dumb super-stud. And I’ll beat you 8 out of 10.

Last edited:
May not be allowed since he’s no longer in sixman, so please delete if not allowed.
Just curious if anyone has seen any scrimmages GR has played in while at Columbus? How’s he looked? Want nothing but the best for the young man.
As someone who is near Benjamin as in Benjamin TX we speak as one in our class that Grayson Rigdon should not return by the way I would pay more attention to the coach of Benjamin Nathan Hayes

Like you say, at that 6A level there are some super athletes. But, just like watching the Dallas Cowboys, you have to wonder how Jones is able to hire the dumbest players on the planet! Natural athletes, but very few active brain cells.

I’ll take the Chaka type of player anytime over the dumb super-stud. And I’ll beat you 8 out of 10.
Columbus was certainly a good landing spot for Grayson since Columbus has an all-star quarterback(son of the head coach) stirring the drink there. Columbus finished 12 -1 last season losing to Lorena 42 to 21 in the playoffs and in the previous season Columbus finished 12 -2. Most teams will be trying to figure out to slow down the quarterback while Grayson slids through the line of scrimmage. A tough combination to corral. Columbus has to be one favorites to win it all this year. Perennial favorite Franklin doesn't appear to be as strong this season with all its gifted athletes.

Back