Rigdon v ethridge

You might want to watch the Gordon players run, their speed is documented in track meets.
I never said anything about the Gordon boys yes they are fast some are as fast or faster than rigdon. My whole point was that rigdon matches well in speed and size to Wes welker. Dear lord i guess reading comprehension and situational awareness is not your strong suit.

I never said anything about the Gordon boys yes they are fast some are as fast or faster than rigdon. My whole point was that rigdon matches well in speed and size to Wes welker. Dear lord i guess reading comprehension and situational awareness is not your strong suit.
Your ability to determine speed in a game setting is truly profound. Are you paid for your opinion too?

Watching Rigdon reminded me of a gym teacher out playing football with elementary kids. What position do you think he will end up in at a big college?

I guess you didn't read that part that Strawn beat the top private team in the state that season too which McLean didn't do during their championship season. Do you understand the difference between UIL teams and private teams?
Yeah. The private church schools say "oh shot!" when something goes wrong.

Watching Rigdon reminded me of a gym teacher out playing football with elementary kids. What position do you think he will end up in at a big college?
I would assume WR. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. He has interest from several D1 schools but I think the longer he stays in 6man the more it hurts him to go that level. You got to imagine that those coaches will at some point say ok we see the dominance but all the kids we are recruiting would be that dominate in 6man. Do they pick the kids that prove they can produce against better talent or do they risk it on the unknown? Who knows he is a great athlete he might just walk onto a D1 campus and be a stud.

I would assume WR. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. He has interest from several D1 schools but I think the longer he stays in 6man the more it hurts him to go that level. You got to imagine that those coaches will at some point say ok we see the dominance but all the kids we are recruiting would be that dominate in 6man. Do they pick the kids that prove they can produce against better talent or do they risk it on the unknown? Who knows he is a great athlete he might just walk onto a D1 campus and be a stud.
He’s gonna need to grow taller to play WR at DI level. Way too many talented kids playing that position already in 11 man that are 6’1-6’2 or better If he hits that growth spurt that so many do before the SR year starts and hits 6’ or at least very close that will help him tremendously. Not saying a 5’9 ish kid can’t make it but look at all the talent out there across just Texas alone that are 6’ or better. I hope he does get a D1 college opportunity it would be a great boost to kids playing 6Man. If not DI I’m sure he could find a spot at DII level. He’s an athlete there’s a place for that somewhere. Possibly in an run option offense.

Deuce had an inside track. Lol. I know there are short guys playing at D1 and in the pros. But they didn’t start out at 6Man. Let’s remember that we play sixman so small schools with mostly average athletes can participate and compete in the sport. We are not set up for tracking D1 schools. If one of ours gets ANY opportunity to play past high school at any college level that’s a blessing. I will say I hope GR at least peaks interest from colleges to at least take a look at our top athletes. There’s more than just GR that can play at least juco. Those Gordon kids are already big kids at their age. Two more years of growth and training they definitely could play next level. So like I say hopefully all the attention around one hopefully translates into something for others down the road.

He’s gonna need to grow taller to play WR at DI level. Way too many talented kids playing that position already in 11 man that are 6’1-6’2 or better If he hits that growth spurt that so many do before the SR year starts and hits 6’ or at least very close that will help him tremendously. Not saying a 5’9 ish kid can’t make it but look at all the talent out there across just Texas alone that are 6’ or better. I hope he does get a D1 college opportunity it would be a great boost to kids playing 6Man. If not DI I’m sure he could find a spot at DII level. He’s an athlete there’s a place for that somewhere. Possibly in an run option offense.
James Washington from Stamford, Texas is 5'11' and played at Oklahoma State. He also plays in the NFL

I said there was a few shorter guys who made it to DI and pros. I’m just saying that for every guy that’s plays WR under 6’ there is a hundred over 6’. The WR and Cornerback are probably the two most athletic positions in football in todays style of play. These WR’s just keep getting bigger stronger and faster. It’s becoming common for a WR to be 6’3 or 4 weight 205 and run 4.3 or 4.4 forty yard dash. My point to all that was hopefully Ridgon hits a growth spurt if he want that position. I still say he’s better off as a RB on an option offense. He can people miss on that first move.

I said there was a few shorter guys who made it to DI and pros. I’m just saying that for every guy that’s plays WR under 6’ there is a hundred over 6’. The WR and Cornerback are probably the two most athletic positions in football in todays style of play. These WR’s just keep getting bigger stronger and faster. It’s becoming common for a WR to be 6’3 or 4 weight 205 and run 4.3 or 4.4 forty yard dash. My point to all that was hopefully Ridgon hits a growth spurt if he want that position. I still say he’s better off as a RB on an option offense. He can people miss on that first move.
I get what you are saying. There are fewer players in D1 that can truly run a true 4.3 or 4.4. Also the taller you are, more than likely you are not going to have the elite quickness and ability to get one in space. Welker I believe was timed at a 4.7 but played faster than his times. He had amazing hands and elite quickness, plus perfected his route running. I can see Chaka playing in the slot. Especially in an Air Raid offense.

Back