Tyler Ethridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crockett didn’t play NFL… I believe Miles still has the rushing record for WT (D2) and made the NFL. Which is amazing obviously.

When Grandfalls won the title (I don’t remember the names) they had a very good RB. Reminded me of Colunga, but I thought he might be even better. He was legit.

Coached against Crockett and he was a force, like Miles. He didn’t pursue college football so who knows what could’ve been.

He’s the best player I’ve coached against by far.

TE made things look easy at SB starting as a freshman. Different styles but I think he is the GOAT because of his ability to throw and run. His defense may have been even better. That’s my two cents

Hands down, Dwayne was best ever, I'll take Crockett over Etheridge any day, c'mon, he played in the NFL nuff said

Someone said, are we talking best player or best team? I would ask, are we talking most talented or best player? NFL is an indicator of ceiling/talent, not 6 man career. It's hard to make a case against TE having the best 6 man career, both individually and as part of great teams.

Crockett didn’t play NFL… I believe Miles still has the rushing record for WT (D2) and made the NFL. Which is amazing obviously.

When Grandfalls won the title (I don’t remember the names) they had a very good RB. Reminded me of Colunga, but I thought he might be even better. He was legit.

Coached against Crockett and he was a force, like Miles. He didn’t pursue college football so who knows what could’ve been.

He’s the best player I’ve coached against by far.

TE made things look easy at SB starting as a freshman. Different styles but I think he is the GOAT because of his ability to throw and run. His defense may have been even better. That’s my two cents
Watching Crockett was impressive and he had an unreal team around him in 2018. In 2019 he proved how good he was with a much less impressive supporting cast. Miles by far gets the goat 🐐. As for the other worthy ones mentioned they were all the best of there time in 6man no real comparison is fair beyond opinion since they never lined up across from each other.

Specific roster needs aside - if you went and asked the top 10 coaches in the state right now if they would rather have a prime TE or prime DM added to their team right now, which would get the most votes?

Specific roster needs aside - if you went and asked the top 10 coaches in the state right now if they would rather have a prime TE or prime DM added to their team right now, which would get the most votes?
I think some of us are answering the question of who had the "best career" and others are answering who was the "best player".
Tyler Ethridge and Vicente Ramirez had the best careers (3 state titles, only one loss in HS), but most would agree that DeWayne Miles was the best athlete to ever play sixman football.

I kinda wonder if Tyler would have had the same success if his dad had gotten hired by Zephyr

I kinda wonder if Tyler would have had the same success if his dad had gotten hired by Zephyr
Or…. What if it was any of the other teams that didn’t have any real surrounding cast. No one knows, but just imagine if it had been at somewhere like Paint Creek or Star during their 4 years? Would any of the ones being discussed still be in the conversation? I would say doubtful but there’s really no way to know. Thankfully it turned out the way it did and we can all appreciate their contributions to this amazing game!

I think some of us are answering the question of who had the "best career" and others are answering who was the "best player".
Tyler Ethridge and Vicente Ramirez had the best careers (3 state titles, only one loss in HS), but most would agree that DeWayne Miles was the best athlete to ever play sixman football.
Or maybe Jack Pardee?
"He was believed to be the first graduate of six-man football to perform as a professional". "In his senior year Jack scored 57 touchdowns . . ." In an era well before a state championship, SF or QF. 11 games, undefeated, Regional Champs 1952. 8 TD's rushing, 1 passing in that game.

A Junction Boy. All American as a Sr. at both Fullback and Linebacker. (still a two way player!). All pro for the Rams and Redskins. Then there's Coaching.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/jack-pardee-1936-2013-a-remembrance/

"He believed in scoring fast". The run and shoot is the spread. Thanks to him Rusty Russell, Art Briles and more.

Last edited:
I normally do not chime in but someone who was also a great player was William Covington at Lohn. I hope I spelled his name right. He was on the 1987 Lohn State Championship team. Do not know how many years he played. Is definitely fun to watch on youtube!

To me a trophy is nothing, it's what you learned in sixman football and high school and applied it to your adult life, trophies end up in closets and boxes, to me sixman produces better men than big school people that why I love the sport. Miles and Pardee became successful after high school aswell.

Until this is touched, I am the 🐐

And I did it with the same school those four years. 😉

Lastly, we would have 45 those Fort Stockton teams. 🫢

Is that enough controversy for everyone?
Fort Hancock*
I don't know about 45... I think that 07 team wins, but its close. You ain't never been chased around by Brent Henderson. D1 linebacker

Fort Hancock*
I don't know about 45... I think that 07 team wins, but its close. You ain't never been chased around by Brent Henderson. D1 linebacker
I was chased around by state champions in track my friend. A DI linebacker wouldn’t have been an issue. Denim Reeves proved that!

I had the greatest teams to ever play the game. We would have chopped down Henderson like a dead tree.

If Shelby wouldn’t have been a
Now I, Paul, myself urge you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ—I who am meek when face to face with you, but bold toward you when absent!

Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, but humility goes before honor.

Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven

A man’s pride will bring him low, but a humble spirit will obtain honor.

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before stumbling.
Since we are quoting scripture, who do you think wrote this verse?

“(Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭12:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Moses wrote that verse about himself. What a prideful man!

It takes great humility to acknowledge who you are.

Denominational religion teaches a false humility. A humility that degrades oneself as just a sinner saved by grace—not how you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

Denominationalism is dead because it slanders Faith. It attacks those who are confident. It wears a mask and shuts its church down for a virus Jesus gave us dominion over.

I didn’t become the greatest Sixman football player of all time on my own. OBVIOUSLY! I had the greatest athletes and coaches of all time on my team.

I got on here to stir things up. And I succeeded because most people are fragile and weak. They can’t stand strong leaders who believe in themselves.

Like Doyle Clawson always told us:
“Most people are losers in life.”

Grayson rigdon is the best highschool player I have ever seen, 6 man or 11, TE couldn’t cut it in 11 man, big fish in a tiny pond, I hear rigdon already gets college exposure, faster than TE already as a sophomore, TE was good, but nowhere near Grayson in my eyes

Grayson rigdon is the best highschool player I have ever seen, 6 man or 11, TE couldn’t cut it in 11 man, big fish in a tiny pond, I hear rigdon already gets college exposure, faster than TE already as a sophomore, TE was good, but nowhere near Grayson in my eyes
Grayson reminds me of Bryce Hogue.
He has the potential to be the goat. No doubt.

Grayson rigdon is the best highschool player I have ever seen, 6 man or 11, TE couldn’t cut it in 11 man, big fish in a tiny pond, I hear rigdon already gets college exposure, faster than TE already as a sophomore, TE was good, but nowhere near Grayson in my
Grayson might have had the best freshman season ever last year. He has the right size speed and skill to be a Division 1 skill player at the next level .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back