Tyler Ethridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang look at you with that memory. You really are a geezer šŸ˜‚. Thereā€™s plenty of people in A&M hall of fame. Probably too many though. Iā€™ll stop you at John Manziel, he was an idiot.
A young geezer to you. Wasn't aware that the aggies won enough games to justify a hall of fame. Lol. They are fair game too. Had several former aggie players running the athletic department at Tarleton in the 1970s. Not the brightest of bulbs either. One of those former ags managed to get too friendly with a Tarleton cheerleader and it ended badly for him. You might be their offspring?? Water seeks its own level.

Seth Doege never played sixman. He was a great player though, I was lucky enough to coach him for a few years at Crane.

Also, Ben Crocket was the best Iā€™ve ever coached against in sixman (though, Iā€™ve only been coaching sixman for ten years).
I guess you never coached against Taron Smith from Milford? He is the best talent I ever saw play in person. He was fast, elusive and threw a good deep ball. He almost made Milford unbeatable except he tried or expected to do too much. Taron scored at will against Strawn in the first half of their playoff game at Springtown in December 2017. Milford jumped out to a twenty point lead in the first half and lead by a point or two at halftime. Then Milford went wild at the start of the third quarter scoring two or three touchdowns until Taron ran out of gas literally and Strawn tracked him down and rallied to win by a comfortable margin. If Taron had been utilizied better in my opinion Milford would have two more state trophies in their hallway now. I watched McLean and Milford at the state game and Taron was missing that burst of speed he normally had. He was worn out from carrying the load all season. Why Milford didn't feed the ball to their Big running back Henderson ten or fifteen times I will never know. It would have kept McLean busy in the middle tackling Henderson and Taron could have danced down the sidelines. Milford was under schemed on offense and lazy on defense. I believe in punishing the defense if a burly running back is available and Milford had a big one.

Coached against Taron two years in a row, and he is the second best football player Iā€™ve coached against.

We missed out on some hardware during the smith era.. I always felt that we always had big enough guys for Oline to build a decent tight offense to go along with spread.. never understood why we ran Taron to death in that bulldog spread, we had too much talent and couldā€™ve done alot more, James, Corbin and Ricky couldā€™ve been used more.. ā€¦ thank god we have Coach Cervantes now to do that. I always felt like it was lazy coaching here in Milford, but not anymore!!

GO DAWGS!

We missed out on some hardware during the smith era.. I always felt that we always had big enough guys for Oline to build a decent tight offense to go along with spread.. never understood why we ran Taron to death in that bulldog spread, we had too much talent and couldā€™ve done alot more, James, Corbin and Ricky couldā€™ve been used more.. ā€¦ thank god we have Coach Cervantes now to do that. I always felt like it was lazy coaching here in Milford, but not anymore!!

GO DAWGS!
What about Teddy! Donā€™t forget about Teddy Clutch!

Iā€™m bias. Lyle Campbell will always be the goat to me. He single handedly beat that unbeatable Panther Creek team. My dad took me to that game. Still burnt into my mind. His team was below average at best with the exception of Chance Kite.

That 99 season was legendary.

Iā€™m not trying to win the argument. Just throwing my bias opinion out there. šŸ˜Ž

I guess you never coached against Taron Smith from Milford? He is the best talent I ever saw play in person. He was fast, elusive and threw a good deep ball. He almost made Milford unbeatable except he tried or expected to do too much. Taron scored at will against Strawn in the first half of their playoff game at Springtown in December 2017. Milford jumped out to a twenty point lead in the first half and lead by a point or two at halftime. Then Milford went wild at the start of the third quarter scoring two or three touchdowns until Taron ran out of gas literally and Strawn tracked him down and rallied to win by a comfortable margin. If Taron had been utilizied better in my opinion Milford would have two more state trophies in their hallway now. I watched McLean and Milford at the state game and Taron was missing that burst of speed he normally had. He was worn out from carrying the load all season. Why Milford didn't feed the ball to their Big running back Henderson ten or fifteen times I will never know. It would have kept McLean busy in the middle tackling Henderson and Taron could have danced down the sidelines. Milford was under schemed on offense and lazy on defense. I believe in punishing the defense if a burly running back is available and Milford had a big one.
'15 '17 and '18 Milford left hardware on the table. Questionable coaching is mostly to blame . Cervantes was a great hire, he'll get things turned around for Milford and we will once again be title contenders.

'15 '17 and '18 Milford left hardware on the table. Questionable coaching is mostly to blame . Cervantes was a great hire, he'll get things turned around for Milford and we will once again be title contenders.
Agreed! Cervantes will have the Dawgs back rolling in no time but health will be a major factor!

I saw Milford during these times and the kids seemed to be coaching themselves including making up their own plays. I wonder what would have happened if a coach of Coach Cervantes caliber had of been in charge. They never hit their potential. Where is Teddy Clutch? He should have graduated last Spring I think. He held his own in College. Hope he is well on the way to reaching his dream.

I saw Milford during these times and the kids seemed to be coaching themselves including making up their own plays. I wonder what would have happened if a coach of Coach Cervantes caliber had of been in charge. They never hit their potential. Where is Teddy Clutch? He should have graduated last Spring I think. He held his own in College. Hope he is well on the way to reaching his dream.
That was the case , especially on the offensive side of the ball . Taā€™Ron more or less became the offensive coordinator his sophomore year . If Cervantes was at Milford during those years Milford would have a ring or two in my opinion. Teddy Clutch (James) took his covid year and transferred to Tarleton State for his final season.

It is so hard to say one was better than another, but both TE and Miles were incredible. Both carried their teams to championships. The way those two played also couldn't be more different. Just glad I got to see both of them play.

Petey Salaiz was a great player, but could never win it all, despite that Mullin team being stout. I liked watching Crockett as well, but I place the other two at the top.

That was the case , especially on the offensive side of the ball . Taā€™Ron more or less became the offensive coordinator his sophomore year . If Cervantes was at Milford during those years Milford would have a ring or two in my opinion. Teddy Clutch (James) took his covid year and transferred to Tarleton State for his final season.
Tell Teddy the best of luck this final season. If he gets into coaching, I want to keep up with him. MilfordInsider, glad you are back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back