Tyler Ethridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargirl13

Six-man fan
I consider TE the GOAT of 6man. Lost one game (semis) in 4 years with no divisions. I'm sure this has been asked or researched before. If he went 58-1 in his career, how many games actually made it 4 quarters? How many ended at half or in the 3rd? How many full 4 quarter games did he play in? Did he ever sit out a game? I bet his stats are even crazier knowing that. Just saying, he went 58-1 with record numbers and most likely, more than half of his games ended at half.

Nothing to do so I’ll bite. So 45 of the 58 were 45s. So that’s roughly rounded to 78%. You could add another 45 to it if you count the Eden score twice 96-0. 3rd quarter games who knows. That might be impossible to find out. That’s just numbers, I can’t answer some of the other questions.

I consider TE the GOAT of 6man. Lost one game (semis) in 4 years with no divisions. I'm sure this has been asked or researched before. If he went 58-1 in his career, how many games actually made it 4 quarters? How many ended at half or in the 3rd? How many full 4 quarter games did he play in? Did he ever sit out a game? I bet his stats are even crazier knowing that. Just saying, he went 58-1 with record numbers and most likely, more than half of his games ended at half.
There was a running back DeWayne Miles from a west Texas team (Amherst) that set rushing records at what is West Texas A&M then played sparingly in the NFL that would get my vote. TE had great stats and top coyote with a great run in his four years. DeWayne Miles link: https://gobuffsgo.com/hof.aspx?hof=59&path=general&kiosk=

Last edited:
There was a running back DeWayne Miles from a west Texas team (Amherst) that set rushing records at what is West Texas A&M then played sparingly in the NFL that would get my vote. TE had great stats and top coyote with a great run in his four years. DeWayne Miles link: https://gobuffsgo.com/hof.aspx?hof=59&path=general&kiosk=
In 6man, I think TE is the best. Amherst had some trouble in those early playoff games if I'm not mistaken? Miles was/is a legend of the 6man game and did very well in college, made it to the pros. I'll give you that.

Nothing to do so I’ll bite. So 45 of the 58 were 45s. So that’s roughly rounded to 78%. You could add another 45 to it if you count the Eden score twice 96-0. 3rd quarter games who knows. That might be impossible to find out. That’s just numbers, I can’t answer some of the other questions.
Thank you for the info! That is absolutely crazy to think he broke national records playing in only 22% of his games or less!!!

In 6man, I think TE is the best. Amherst had some trouble in those early playoff games if I'm not mistaken? Miles was/is a legend of the 6man game and did very well in college, made it to the pros. I'll give you that.
Are we confusing best player vs best team? Team scores and team records doesn't quantify the talent of a single player. So if Amherst with DeWayne Miles lost more games than RS in a four year span TE is the better player? DeWayne played in the west probably against tougher teams than RS in the east. And the east bracket 25 years later is still weak. Hard to compare the talent level of the competition each player faced. DeWayne didn't get the all the accolades as TE but definitely the better player.

Are we confusing best player vs best team? Team scores and team records doesn't quantify the talent of a single player. So if Amherst with DeWayne Miles lost more games than RS in a four year span TE is the better player? DeWayne played in the west probably against tougher teams than RS in the east. And the east bracket 25 years later is still weak. Hard to compare the talent level of the competition each player faced. DeWayne didn't get the all the accolades as TE but definitely the better player.
Miles was built like an NFL power back and was. I get your points but in today's game TE most likely could've played CFB at QB. Look at Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Kyler Murray etc... They're not over 6 ft which TE wasnt either, I believe he was 5'9. Wrong time period for TE, right time for Miles for CFB. For the record Tex, I am just stating (in my personal opinion) that TE is the greatest (6man) player of all time.

Respect your opinion. TE was the featured player with the ball in his hands nearly every offensive play for four years so he had great stats and with the increased interest in sixman starting with this website more exposure. I think he would admit he played against a lot of weak competition. To compare him to NFL players who played at a high level is a disservice to them since TE didn't last may be a season as a squad player at Sul Ross. If he had been faster to go along with whatever size he was at the time he might have actually got on the field. If he was as good as you projected the coaches woud have kept him on campus. Your analogy is similar to what Johnathan Gray from Aledo accomplished, national player of the year and holds national records for TDs and points scored. He was three time district champion in the 100 meters. His last three years in high school included three consecutive state championships . Aledo's competition was against big schools with college level talent. Gray had a great high school career and product of an offense which featured him. Does anyone confuse him with Earl Campbell, Jamaal Charles, Ricky Williams or Adrian Peterson, no. Gray was a very average back in college but did get to play some. So you need to compare the players not their teams.

Tex you make some valid points here and there. I think she was just talking about a players time in sixman. In your thought on it I would think someone like jack pardee would trump miles if we’re going that route or no?

Tex you make some valid points here and there. I think she was just talking about a players time in sixman. In your thought on it I would think someone like jack pardee would trump miles if we’re going that route or no?
Good question. Pardee was a service able player at Texas AM but probably not in their hall of fame like Dewayne Miles is in West Texas AM. Pardee was better as a NFL coach than a player. Thought about Pardee but most people don't remember him.

Good question. Pardee was a service able player at Texas AM but probably not in their hall of fame like Dewayne Miles is in West Texas AM. Pardee was better as a NFL coach than a player. Thought about Pardee but most people don't remember him.
He sure is in Texas A&M football hall of fame as well as the College football hall of fame. The only coach that’s coached in every professional league. I.E. the CFL, USFL and WFL and of course NFL. He actually has a better record as a college coach.

Tex, the way they talked you have some age on you, so if you were into football at all back in the day, you would know and remember Pardee as one of the best linebackers ever in the NFL.

Tex, the way they talked you have some age on you, so if you were into football at all back in the day, you would know and remember Pardee as one of the best linebackers ever in the NFL.
What about Rick Perry, heard he was a heck of a 6man player!!!
Other notable names that played 6man at one point in their career, Mathew Stafford, Seth Doege, the late Jevan Snead. I'm sure there is a lot more.

I think TE didnt know what he was going to do after his HS career ended. Also, colleges back then (even Sul Ross) considered 6man players to be irrelevant if you weren't the right "size" to play QB or any position. 6man players were "behind" of everyoneelse on the totem pole, most walked on and weren't given a shot. Example, Mitchell Parsley. They wanted to use him at defense or receiver I believe. He ended up taking the starting QB job for awhile with that wild side arm throw he was known for. Kolt Kittley also played for WTAMU. They have satellite camps everywhere now and someone wouldve seen something special in TE, especially football IQ. BE could definitely make it in football or track given his size and speed and athleticism.

He sure is in Texas A&M football hall of fame as well as the College football hall of fame. The only coach that’s coached in every professional league. I.E. the CFL, USFL and WFL and of course NFL. He actually has a better record as a college coach.
I didn't check on Pardee being in the aggies Hall of Fame, figured John David Crow was the only aggie worthy of that honor. Manziel some how falls short. Lol Manziel will probably be mentioned in the Alabama Hall of Shame. I remember Pardee playing linebacker against the Cowboys back in the early 70s and then suddenly he was coaching.

slight correction...the 2006 and 2007 seasons were the first two with the division split (so the only title he won prior to that was 2004)...without question the best player Ive seen was DeWayne Miles in 1995, but if you want to argue full 4 year career hard to debate against TE for the last 30 years. I think Crockett was a better football player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back