Oglesby 2023 Playoffs

kdstew3

I'm Just Here So I Don't Get Fined
I went to watch Oglesby. I realized they did not play the best but they were beyond impressive on offense.

Not counting the kneel down, they had a grand total of 12 plays, by my count, in the entire game. 8 ended in touchdowns.

The 4 missed plays:
- overthrow on what would've been a TD
- botched hand-off and fell on the ball
- QB sack (credit to Walnut on that one)
- a holding call negated a TD run

I have seen a lot of running backs play over the past couple of years, including Rigdon, Ware, and Nickerson (and that's no discredit to these three amazing RBs). I don't think I've ever seen a running back hit a hole so hard. The cuts and the acceleration were amazing to watch.

Number 1 is a force out there. I think he only carried the ball five times. But all five of those carries went for touchdowns. Number 3, I assume is the backup running back. His cuts and acceleration on his 76 yard touchdown run were right there with number 1. If they lose the East it won't be because of offense.

Walnut's scores were:
- one was set up on a big return
- one was a blown coverage by Oglesby
- Walnut also ended up at the two yard line on a big play in Oglesby had a great goal line stand.

But this was against Walnut Springs, what round will they actually play a good team? Who’s next?
They will definitely have a tougher time against Great defensive teams. However, they are going to steamroll at least one more, maybe two more teams. I have not watched Richmond springs, but I have watched Cherokee. I still think Oglesby beats them easily.

Given they both continue a match between Iredell should be a good game. Scores against same teams they’ve both faced are similar except for earlier in the season Iredell was beaten by a team that Oglesby beat easily. Iredell is a young team with most of their main players being just Soph’s.

I don’t understand why Richland Springs went ahead of Oglesby in the rankings this week ? They barely beat a team that they were predicted to 45 .
I don’t understand this ether. Usually one can look at other wins and losses and make sense of it, As the season keeps moving forward.
Please do not interpret this as a complaint on my part! I do love the rankings! I also understand them very well, and have observed them closely for about 20 years. I am very thankful to Mike for carrying on a great tradition for 6 man football.

I don’t understand this ether. Usually one can look at other wins and losses and make sense of it, As the season keeps moving forward.
Please do not interpret this as a complaint on my part! I do love the rankings! I also understand them very well, and have observed them closely for about 20 years. I am very thankful to Mike for carrying on a great tradition for 6 man football.
These rankings are trending in such a manner that if Richland Springs upsets Bronte this week they will leapfrog both Jayton and the Benjamin Franklins into the number one spot. It is dependent on their highly competitive early season scheduling. I consulted with Pesw, who is the fraternal twisted sister to Wesp, who confirmed my suspicion on this matter. Please don't respond in a negative manner to this timely revelation, it ain't my fault. Meanwhile, I heard that BH's name was being kicked around some for that position at aggie land. I would sign up for six weeks' worth of coaching for what they pay those dudes now. Upgrade my riding lawnmower.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why Richland Springs went ahead of Oglesby in the rankings this week ? They barely beat a team that they were predicted to 45 .

So many things go into these rankings it's hard to pinpoint a single reason why teams move sometimes.

To be fair, though, Richland Springs only moved up a total of exactly two rating points. It's not like something crazy happened to shake things up. RS, Oglesby, and Whitharral were all within 2 points of each other last week, and still are this week. That's still basically a tie.

So many things go into these rankings it's hard to pinpoint a single reason why teams move sometimes.

To be fair, though, Richland Springs only moved up a total of exactly two rating points. It's not like something crazy happened to shake things up. RS, Oglesby, and Whitharral were all within 2 points of each other last week, and still are this week. That's still basically a tie.
But if they didn’t cover the spread, shouldn’t they lose ratings points? They were a 45 point favorite and only won by 13.

But if they didn’t cover the spread, shouldn’t they lose ratings points? They were a 45 point favorite and only won by 13.

That would be the normal train of thought, I think, but, as I said, there are a lot of other factors. Maybe a team they beat is trending up which helps them trend up too.

How do you determine the top 10 every year ? I always wondered that

You mean to start the season? For the most part, teams are left in the same order as the previous season. I will make a few changes here and there where I felt like The Toy might've been wrong or if I have knowledge about changes in the team dynamics (lot of seniors, move-ins, and coaching changes for example).

After that, it's all up to The Toy.

Back