While on the subject of TYLER ETHRIDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiXmAnMaDnEsS

11-man fan
I feel like, just as a fan and ex player, people have a tendency to get their identities mixed up in our lovely game. For instance, I played with a heck of a running back. And, a few decades later, I still feel tied to him in an odd way. He was, in part, some of my identity. His stardom, somehow was something I could hold on to.

However, I now don't have to depend on my old alma mater or an old football memory to muster pride. We must move on.

in another topic, Ethridge was brought up and all of a sudden it seems like the entire town of RS erupted. I respect the caliber of player he was. But I assume Tyler has moved on. Maybe fans should too.

Don't kill me Coyotes.

I mean no ill will towards any player of this fair game. But if the mind-numbed sycophants of some bygone era can't seem to get past what was, and continually resurrect the names of heroes of bygone eras, well - maybe said heroes need to have a talk with the trailer trash that put them on the pedestal to begin with.

Or maybe Tyler just don't give a rip how great some crippled up, excommunicated ex-preacher thinks he is. And for that, I say good on Tyler. It must be a heavy cross to bear when some worthless parolee wants to invoke the name of a former high school player to prove any point whatsoever.

This is all on Goob, and his complete failure as a human being. Your move, Larry.

MelaniB":eabvfkf6 said:
Rainman you don't know the half of what Goobs all about.

Goob is a loser. That's all I care to know. Half a loser - assuming you're right - is still a loser. He may walk on water around RS, but he's a cowardly little boy where I come from. And you can drive right over to his RV and tell him I said so.

Does everyone posting in these two topics realize just how ridiculously stupid they are looking to calm rational folks?

Old Bearkat":13wsrcuk said:
Does everyone posting in these two topics realize just how ridiculously stupid they are looking to calm rational folks?

Calm Rational Folks?
You're correct Cowboy has yet to chime in. Though I have know'd him to get his ire up now and again.
I spect over the years I've seen us all get our feathers ruffled.
Not sure how I played on anyone's Moms kindness (cept maybe my own)..

I thought a lot of this jawing back and forth was funny until recently. It's not now. My point is this. Tyler Etheridge was a great football player. No one can deny that. His name being used in a positive manner is OK. His name being used in a negative manner, is not. How many of us, whether on this site, or at a game want to hear someone else use our kid's name, or grandkid's name, in a negative manner. If it's used in a positive manner, our chest's are puffed out and we feel good. If they are being ridiculed or put down for something, those are unacceptable, and lead to hurt and eventually anger. Yeah, some folks take things to the extreme and go overboard. Some folks in little communities make their former kids seem immortal, and that's OK. Kids are our future and let's do things that build them up. Support your kids this year and hope they learn life lessons from the experiences they encounter this year. Good luck to all the teams this year!

Little Doc":3rye7f24 said:
I thought a lot of this jawing back and forth was funny until recently. It's not now. My point is this. Tyler Etheridge was a great football player. No one can deny that. His name being used in a positive manner is OK. His name being used in a negative manner, is not. How many of us, whether on this site, or at a game want to hear someone else use our kid's name, or grandkid's name, in a negative manner. If it's used in a positive manner, our chest's are puffed out and we feel good. If they are being ridiculed or put down for something, those are unacceptable, and lead to hurt and eventually anger. Yeah, some folks take things to the extreme and go overboard. Some folks in little communities make their former kids seem immortal, and that's OK. Kids are our future and let's do things that build them up. Support your kids this year and hope they learn life lessons from the experiences they encounter this year. Good luck to all the teams this year!
Its only ok to a point.

Seriously, let's keep this somewhat civil.

It is ok to express your thoughts that a particular player was whatever, but just remember to keep it reasonable.

Aquilla, Richland Spring, Abbott, Valley, Borden County, Motley County, Grandfalls, Follet. Just a list of some teams that I think are talented.

But Water Valley, what a joke:)

I know you are joking Madness but I would point out that our benefactor, Granger, has them at #4 in the preseason. So, you know, they've got that going for them. Which is nice.

Hey backer, you do realize that pre-season ranking will not win a single game all by its little bitty self. It really doesn't count for much. Now a blow out game at Hico will open an eye or two...maybe...you never know. This is a tough crowd at times.

Evidently you whiffed on the whole Caddyshack reference but that's OK. Yeah, I know rankings by themselves mean nothing. The kids have to do it for themselves but the WV has some talent coming back and I think they'll be all right. I don't think they're good enough to blow out Blum because, from what I hear, Blum has a lot of talent returning but I think they'll acquit themselves well.

SiXmAnMaDnEsS":2fep44ah said:
Aquilla, Richland Spring, Abbott, Valley, Borden County, Motley County, Grandfalls, Follet. Just a list of some teams that I think are talented.

But Water Valley, what a joke:)
If we were on the subject of best all around program... Water Valley without a doubt.

WV Backer":3o36li2t said:
Evidently you whiffed on the whole Caddyshack reference but that's OK. Yeah, I know rankings by themselves mean nothing. The kids have to do it for themselves but the WV has some talent coming back and I think they'll be all right. I don't think they're good enough to blow out Blum because, from what I hear, Blum has a lot of talent returning but I think they'll acquit themselves well.
I for one appreciated the reference! So you know... you got that goin for ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back