Grayson Rigdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hornet78

Six-man fan
I’m just going to throw it out there this young man from benj is the goat . I’m actually pulling for him to win number 4 next year not to mention this kids ability on the court . He is something special . I went from thinking he was overrated . No kid Present or past needs to ever be compared to this young man . Nobody is even close to his talent . Keep doing your thing !

He is a special athlete that is no question. I still think with official D1 offers coming in he needs to make the move up to 11man. 4 state championships would be great and special but him getting into a program that competes against better competition week in and week out will help this kid greatly in the long run. Either way I’m going to have fun watching the kid play next year wherever it is.

He is a special athlete that is no question. I still think with official D1 offers coming in he needs to make the move up to 11man. 4 state championships would be great and special but him getting into a program that competes against better competition week in and week out will help this kid greatly in the long run. Either way I’m going to have fun watching the kid play next year wherever it is.
He's played 11man... it's not new and its slower than 6man

He's played 11man... it's not new and its slower than 6man
not saying anything bad about the kid. My opinion is that him playing for a contending 11man program will prepare him better for the D1 college level than 6man will. I wish the kid the best, I’m sure he will do well. Again my comments are in no way meant to diminish what this young man has accomplished.

not saying anything bad about the kid. My opinion is that him playing for a contending 11man program will prepare him better for the D1 college level than 6man will. I wish the kid the best, I’m sure he will do well. Again my comments are in no way meant to diminish what this young man has accomplished.
He's been to camps (Tech) and torched dbs and lbs at slot. The kid will do great. Fball IQ goes way further than pure athleticism. Wes Welker and Danny Amendola proved that. Undersized, too slow etc...

Thankfully, among colleges & universities, this old style of thinking is changing. Recruiters are starting to realize that football IS football. Furthermore, to be successful in 6-man you must be fundamentally sound in the two most important aspects of the game regardless the field size, blocking and tackling. More and more college recruiters are starting to think outside the box and tap into the 6-man game to fill their rosters.

We had a player last season get an offer to play collegiate ball at D2 Ouachita Baptist and actually sniffed the field and made an impact as a freshman. He is slated to start this season.

Life is all about adapting and overcoming. Football is NO different.

Thankfully, among colleges & universities, this old style of thinking is changing. Recruiters are starting to realize that football IS football. Furthermore, to be successful in 6-man you must be fundamentally sound in the two most important aspects of the game regardless the field size, blocking and tackling. More and more college recruiters are starting to think outside the box and tap into the 6-man game to fill their rosters.

We had a player last season get an offer to play collegiate ball at D2 Ouachita Baptist and actually sniffed the field and made an impact as a freshman. He is slated to start this season.

Well said coach. While most D1 schools may not pay attention to Six-man players, NAIA, D2, D3, and JUCO definitely do. The athlete has to be willing to put in the hard work in the film room (recruitment film, X, and game film), weight room, classroom, and most importantly on the field in games and possible walk-on tryouts. At any one of these levels, the athlete needs to understand that there are thousands of athletes chasing their dream too and would love to take another athlete's spot.

He would be a better fit in basketball, basketball is all about the three pointer and he can shoot, 48% from the line last time i saw, 11 man is too physical of a game he doesnt like to get hit watch some film.

He would be a better fit in basketball, basketball is all about the three pointer and he can shoot, 48% from the line last time i saw, 11 man is too physical of a game he doesnt like to get hit watch some film.
Logically speaking, I would think the best ball carriers would be the ones who don’t like to get hit and avoid the defense.

To add, college football today is saturated with transfers. There is no reason a player couldn't start small, get recognized and work their way up, especially when you are already going to be starting at a D1 school. Grayson is incredibly elusive and quick. Both of those skills will translate, regardless of how many players are on the field. He won't average 22.7 YPC, because that is unrealistic in college ball...D1 competition will be bigger/faster/stronger, but I'd bet he would still end up averaging a pretty healthy number, at the end of the day.

To add, college football today is saturated with transfers. There is no reason a player couldn't start small, get recognized and work their way up, especially when you are already going to be starting at a D1 school. Grayson is incredibly elusive and quick. Both of those skills will translate, regardless of how many players are on the field. He won't average 22.7 YPC, because that is unrealistic in college ball...D1 competition will be bigger/faster/stronger, but I'd bet he would still end up averaging a pretty healthy number, at the end of the day.

I agree.
At the end of the day I believe it’s going to come down to his willingness to accept a much more realistic expectation of his capabilities. Yes, he’s a great athlete but so far he’s been a sixman athlete. Stepping it up to college, much less a D1 college will be hard mentally on him where he’ll just be one of a thousand high school hot shots trying to get on a team. Will he be capable of seeing thise YPC’s drop to less than 5 while handling the much more physicality of the college game. We will see. And I truly wish him well.
He’ll no doubt win another state title in sixman. But I can not lie. Since he and his family from what I’ve seen and read are no strangers to transferring, I really wish he’d transfer to a perineal 11 man team/town such as Aledo to see how well those talents translate to some real competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back