Jonesboro vs Union hill

IF and I say IF Jonesboro is HEALTHY, I believe they are TOO PHYSICAL for Union Hill but if Jonesboro is still playing like the walking dead then this could be a VERY interesting game.

I haven't seen union hill play but I think whichever Jonesboro team shows up will decide the outcome. If everyone is healthy and running on all cylinders I can see a 20+ point game, if not I see it being a nail biter.

Jonesboro will be healthier this week then they have been the entire playoffs, hats off to the subs for there valiant efforts so far. The eagles will be be ready for this matchup.

If Jonesboro were completly healthy, it would be a blowout. The problem is even if both backs start they won't be 100%. I look for this game to be a 20 to 30 point game Jonesboro. Their #s 3 and 4 backs are getting much needed game time experience in the playoffs. They are getting better every week.

I haven't seen UH play but I have watched and listened to the Jonesboro games and while things need to be addressed to me Jonesboro is going to be to much for UH. Like has been said if Jonesboro is healthy UH is going to have a handful Friday night. Good luck to both teams and coaches.

Both coaches are good friends of mine and former Greyhounds. I certainly can't pick a winner, but I know both teams will be well prepared. Hate to see one of them go home. Good luck guys

CowboyP":1q0if7ao said:
Just curious, who has actually seen Union Hill play?

Not many I think. Their biggest regular season games were against Strawn at a neutral site 100 plus miles from either, in High Island which is a bit remote but only a couple of miles from high tide, and Apple Springs.
No one I'm aware of thus far from Abbott or Tioga has commented.
I mentioned on another thread Union Hill is not a town. It's a community based around an ISD and I'd guess a church or two or three. If you google map it there's a convenience store 2-3 miles east on Hwy 271 in Bettie. Otherwise the closest 'places' are Smith Siding and Soules Chapel. The county paper in gilmer ignores the State Semifinalist's. 10 miles and Six Man Football are too Far Out for them.
So pretty much nobody but family, friends and a very few fans have seen them.
This could be a problem for them or provide inspiration. If they're wowed by a much bigger crowd than they've ever seen JB won't hesitate to smack them during any distraction caused by the number of fans.
Who knows? They might be inspired by new fans.

Have not seen Union Hill. I have seen Strawn. Jonesboro has the size and speed to wear Strawn down into a 45ing. Strawn is young and fairly small. They can only hold up to a big fast team only so long before breaking down.

jboroeaglefan13":3v0g44vz said:
How long has Union hill been in sixman

Their records on lone star football where they are listed as Gilmer-Union Hill go back to 1941.
Judging by the teams they played prior to 2014 I'd guess that was their first year in sixman.

Elmo, so your saying UH . Also defense won't win a state championship if you can't put points on the board. While I believe it will be a good first quarter , I do think myself Jonesboro is probably going to be to physical for them in the end mixed with their speed.

Ex eagle":s26iacgf said:
Who? Abbott, they got beat by 2and8 mt calm.

And Jonesboro won by 2 last week. Abbott improved throughout the season, ask say a decent Aquilla team.
UH did too. JB carried on, in spite of recent injuries. Luck & no injuries to both teams.

Elmo":95yq4x8t said:
Me, solid team can run tight and can spread it out. most impressed by the defense. Ask the people from Abbott.

Abbott did put up 32 on them, Strawn 48 and Fort Worth Naz 34 early on.
JB can score. 80 on Zephyr the first time, won by 2 the second. 78 on Cherokee.
JB's given up 292 point's this year. UH 162.
4 shutouts for UH, 0 for JB.

From 2 games I've listened to I don't remember a lot of spread but a couple of backs that can tote the rock.

Back