Best D1 Championship in Years aBrewin'?

Since it was mentioned in above posts I took a look at WB and Benjamin archives. I don’t know the details but neither team since 94 had anything to brag about until 2021. Since then both have been on fire. So whatever happened from say 2020 till now I say more power to you. Way to turn those programs around.
Thank you for having a sensible thing to say. It’s crazy to act like Benjamin is in a world alone.

You are so corny. 2020 was the first year Westbrook was decent. From 2000 till then Westbrook was nobody absolute punching bag for good teams. Benjamin’s record is right there or better than Westbrook's in the last 23 Years. Benjamin won state in 2022 and was Amazing as well in 2021 losing to Jayton in the playoffs. Westbrook doesn’t fall into that category either. Just because 3 years ago they had some move ins and bought themselves everything they needed, doesn’t mean they have a winning tradition or history.
Go back and read what I said Hayes, I said our schedule has been tough ever since Coach Matlock came back to coach. And what move ins are you talking about you clown? That’s all Benjamin is haha your family, the Rigdons and even foreign exchange students haha. I simply said we started playing teams with great programs, that’s why we are where we are. 45 kids came out for football, maybe 4 or so haven’t been here since Jr. High.

Go back and read what I said Hayes, I said our schedule has been tough ever since Coach Matlock came back to coach. And what move ins are you talking about you clown? That’s all Benjamin is haha your family, the Rigdons and even foreign exchange students haha. I simply said we started playing teams with great programs, that’s why we are where we are. 45 kids came out for football, maybe 4 or so haven’t been here since Jr. High.
That is not anywhere near what you said?.? Benjamin has coaches kids just like Westbrook has coaches kids. No move in either. you redacted what you said so much! Regards to you guys thinking you have my identity figured out, I don’t think my name has ever came up on this site so I don’t think my first nor last name would ring a bell to any of you if you ever typed the right letters off your phone it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. Im a proud Benjamin supporter who has caught flack for defending against pure ignorance, thinking hiring coaches has made Benjamin against our values and that they planned this, simply two coaches were hired to fill positions needed in our school district. Every where in the state hires coaches with kids(kinda like your own wildcats) and sometimes they are good, it seems like that whole topic and scrutiny was forgotten. Here’s an example you have to understand. You can’t and shouldn’t say “Benjamin was nothing before hiring their coaches” because Westbrook was the same way, and I’m sure many schools need the right people in the right places to make things work.

Last edited:
That is not anywhere near what you said?.? Benjamin has coaches kids just like Westbrook has coaches kids. No move in either. you redacted what you said so much! Regards to you guys thinking you have my identity figured out, I don’t think my name has ever came up on this site so I don’t think my first nor last name would ring a bell to any of you if you ever typed the right letters off your phone it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. Im a proud Benjamin supporter who has caught flack for defending against pure ignorance, thinking hiring coaches has made Benjamin against our values and that they planned this, simply two coaches were hired to fill positions needed in our school district. Every where in the state hires coaches with kids(kinda like your own wildcats) and sometimes they are good, it seems like that whole topic and scrutiny was forgotten. Here’s an example you have to understand. You can’t and shouldn’t say “Benjamin was nothing before hiring their coaches” because Westbrook was the same way, and I’m sure many schools need the right people in the right places to make things work.
our schedule has been set long before those kids ever even got to Benjamin, and its probably already set again for the Next two years. go back and look we try and schedule teams that have very good consistent programs over the last several years, Benjamin does not fall into that category.

Then why bring it up go back and read what I said lol, did I say anything about Westbrook being a powerhouse program pryer to 2020 anywhere?? This is literally the message I typed. Here read it again. I said we schedule consistent programs, those programs used to kick our teeth in that’s what made us better, our coaches and kids decided that the weight room would need to be our best friend and it has paid off in a huge way.

You are so corny. 2020 was the first year Westbrook was decent. From 2000 till then Westbrook was nobody absolute punching bag for good teams. Benjamin’s record is right there or better than Westbrook's in the last 23 Years. Benjamin won state in 2022 and was Amazing as well in 2021 losing to Jayton in the playoffs. Westbrook doesn’t fall into that category either. Just because 3 years ago they had some move ins and bought themselves everything they needed, doesn’t mean they have a winning tradition or history.
You're about as ignorant as they come! Prove the move ins! Prove it! You seem to think you know it all! All 3 of these Westbrook teams would eat breakfast lunch and dinner on Benjamin! Talk about buying move ins! I'll take Benjamin had a 10 - 1 season 2 years ago! They earned that! Not last year or this year with money being flashed! Flashed that money and bought that state title last year! Come on with it!

You're about as ignorant as they come! Prove the move ins! Prove it! You seem to think you know it all! All 3 of these Westbrook teams would eat breakfast lunch and dinner on Benjamin! Talk about buying move ins! I'll take Benjamin had a 10 - 1 season 2 years ago! They earned that! Not last year or this year with money being flashed! Flashed that money and bought that state title last year! Come on with it!
This is all over the place. 😂

I'm still confused by the result of the Gordon/Abbott game. Last year Abbott was missing their best player, Sustala, and yet they still managed to beat the Longhorns. This year, Abbott has a healthy Sustala and they get 45'd by the same Gordon team?? Somebody make this make sense.
Them boys in Gordon became grown men lol

Not hardly! They’ve played one decent team in Abbott. Let’s not refer to them as grown men. Now if you’re talking about the Gordon teams with weaver, Kostiha, Campbell etc. yes they were grown a$$ men
What was the Gordon SB I think it was Bo Johnson maybe..?.? He said some interesting stuff on how some of those became grown men.

Benjamin was nothing before hiring their coaches

Yeah that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying "Benjamin was nothing before buying their coaches". Kidding of course, kinda. I just found it funny that you're calling out Westbrook for doing exactly what your school did, at pretty much the same time you say they did it. What makes Benjamin different from Westbrook or Richland Springs or the countless other schools who hire coaches with athletic kids to help them win?

Truthfully though like you said it happens all the time. It's not against the rules so be it. I just hate that the people from Benjamin act like they didn't buy these championships. Truth be told without the Rigdon kid Benjamin would be slightly better than average at best.

Yeah that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying "Benjamin was nothing before buying their coaches". Kidding of course, kinda. I just found it funny that you're calling out Westbrook for doing exactly what your school did, at pretty much the same time you say they did it. What makes Benjamin different from Westbrook or Richland Springs or the countless other schools who hire coaches with athletic kids to help them win?

Truthfully though like you said it happens all the time. It's not against the rules so be it. I just hate that the people from Benjamin act like they didn't buy these championships. Truth be told without the Rigdon kid Benjamin would be slightly better than average at best.
I’m not saying it’s any different, I’m saying it’s exactly the same thing you are. every school hires coaches, so why scrutinize Benjamin for something that happens year in and year out. That’s what I was getting at, and then wildcat fan thought he would say that Benjamin couldn’t fit into Westbrooks Schedule cause they only schedule teams who are good year in and year out, just makes no sense when Benjamin has been talented just as long as they have.

I’m not saying it’s any different, I’m saying it’s exactly the same thing you are. every school hires coaches, so why scrutinize Benjamin for something that happens year in and year out. That’s what I was getting at, and then wildcat fan thought he would say that Benjamin couldn’t fit into Westbrooks Schedule cause they only schedule teams who are good year in and year out, just makes no sense when Benjamin has been talented just as long as they have.
First off WB won a state title before hiring a coach with a kid.

2nd- Benjamin and WB are similar in the fact that recent years they have had some nice success. In 2020 WB went 11-2 only losing to sterling city (state champs) both times, 2021 WB went 11-4 winning state, 2022 WB went 14-1 winning state and 2023 WB is carrying a 12-1 record. Before that there is not much to brag about. I don’t know Benjamin history as well but I know they a good season in 2021 losing 1 game, 2022 undefeated champs and unbeaten so far.

3rd - WB has played the Rigdon boys when they were at Strawn. They are good athletes and hard to stop especially GR. WB played against Hayes kid when he was WV and he is a good athlete. WB and Benjamin both have great athletes on the field that’s why they are producing good results.

4th and Final- tired of the all talk about these two teams playing each other. It won’t this year and no one knows what the schedules look like for the next couple years except the coaches. I seriously doubt anything is set in stone until realignments come out. But I’m not a coach so I have no clue.

From the Fence:

Honestly I'd just like for everyone to shut the hell up and stop being the keyboard cowboys they think they are.
Westbrook plays Happy tonight and not a single Coach or Player that will be on that field today gives 2 sh$÷× about any of this crap. They have a game to play to try and earn the right to go back to Arlington.
WB and Benjamin have never played each other and probably never will. Everyone on here supports their team and that's great but for F#&$* sake just shut up and let the boys play ball. This is their time, and none of this s%×÷ talking will mean a thing to any of them.

Hard to disagree with you fellas! Coach Reid sold his soul to win this championship this year! Unfortunate that I never made my way on down to Westbrook to help coach Matlock get that defense right. They just won’t stand a chance against the tiny horns!

Coach Reid has been recruiting STUDS for years over at #ChooseGordon! I wish he’d take a page out of the book of Benjamin or Richland Springs and win it with some home grown players! 10PointDoe’s boy deserves to see some playing time coach Reid! It ain’t right!

Speaking of homegrown players, I heard that Westbrook had 4 coaches on staff with good players as sons! I even heard that the head janitor’s boy is playing quarterback over there! Crazy coincidence that those employees were just lucky enough to have starting football players in their lineage!

You boys play nice in the chats now! I’ve got to get back to helping Coach Burkhart run practice! ShrekTheOgresby doesn’t stand a chance against the coyotes tomorrow night!

Good luck!

Back