Best D1 Championship in Years aBrewin'?

Agree. Happy and Jonesboro are teams that should not be overlooked.
They shouldn’t be, but in reality it would take the best game they’ve ever played combined with the worst game that Westbrook or Gordon has ever played. I’m not saying there is zero chance. It’s just not much better than zero

I do believe those "issues" have now surfaced. At least we know where you stand 10point. I don't think it’s an uncommon tale to any school. Families move to the area, they move out and if the coach is any good the best players are going to play and that seems to be working out really well for Gordon right now. How many skins your daddy has or how long you have lived in a town makes no difference. It’s not uncommon to be bitter about the past either. Gordon and Strawn both have had a lot of new blood through the years because of the winning traditions, good coaches and just the location of the towns. For the most part Gordon has been pulling in helpful move ins since the late 1980's and Strawn has since the day Coach Lee signed on there. If you look close enough, this happens in most of the successful programs in the state.
I’m sure it does. Doesn’t make it right.

Agree. Happy and Jonesboro are teams that should not be overlooked.
Trust me nobody from Westbrook is overlooking Happy, we have played them 3 times in the last two seasons and they have great kids and an awesome Coach as well. And on the other side we played Jonesboro this season and know what kind of Athletes they have as well as a great coach. Im betting on the team that shows up ready to play and does everything they need to do to get the job done.

I’m sure it does. Doesn’t make it right.
people want to be part of success, and it really helps when you have a coach that wins and losses are not his number one goal. When the goal is to teach integrity and how to be a good team mate then you have parents that want their kids to be a part of it. Usually when people are complaining about this then that usually means they are in a place that nobody wants to be a part of. People really don't understand that in successful programs the culture changes long before the win column does.

It takes two teams to play a game. Did Westbrook ask to play?
our schedule has been set long before those kids ever even got to Benjamin, and its probably already set again for the Next two years. go back and look we try and schedule teams that have very good consistent programs over the last several years, Benjamin does not fall into that category.

Hoping for a great game no matter who ends up playing for the D1 title.
Best recent D1 title games in my opinion were:
2015 Abbott upsetting Crowell 40-30 (hated seeing my alma mater lose but it was a good game)
Blum upsetting McLean, went right down to the final seconds
Westbrook upsetting May, another nail biter.

Not sure if I'll be able to sneak down to AT&T to catch the games, my work schedule is hectic and unpredictable.

our schedule has been set long before those kids ever even got to Benjamin, and its probably already set again for the Next two years. go back and look we try and schedule teams that have very good consistent programs over the last several years, Benjamin does not fall into that category.
You are so corny. 2020 was the first year Westbrook was decent. From 2000 till then Westbrook was nobody absolute punching bag for good teams. Benjamin’s record is right there or better than Westbrook's in the last 23 Years. Benjamin won state in 2022 and was Amazing as well in 2021 losing to Jayton in the playoffs. Westbrook doesn’t fall into that category either. Just because 3 years ago they had some move ins and bought themselves everything they needed, doesn’t mean they have a winning tradition or history.

You are taking out of context what I said, Westbrook wanted to turn their program around that was below average from 2000-2020 and they hired the crew to do that. Benjamin in 2022 wanted to do the same thing. & all hell breaks lose. If you want to act blind to the obvious similarities then do it! You are acting like God gave some special abilities to kids who have parents as coaches and that is just hysterical. Westbrook didn’t hire a coach or coaches with kids? 95 percent of schools don’t do that? Hmm.

You are so corny. 2020 was the first year Westbrook was decent. From 2000 till then Westbrook was nobody absolute punching bag for good teams. Benjamin’s record is right there or better than Westbrook's in the last 23 Years. Benjamin won state in 2022 and was Amazing as well in 2021 losing to Jayton in the playoffs. Westbrook doesn’t fall into that category either. Just because 3 years ago they had some move ins and bought themselves everything they needed, doesn’t mean they have a winning tradition or history.
I'm pretty sure the Pot just called the kettle out!! 🤔 only thing hone grown in Benjamin is the 🍅 tomatoes. I forgot to ask Ace how many foreign exchange students have yall picked for the last two years ??

Kind of funny Westbrook has 2 coaches they hiredwith kids on the field. Westbrook would be the armpit of Six-man without them still. You guys are so one sided and blind. Wonder if Westbrook would be playing for a 3-peat if they didn’t hire those two guys. Wonder if a whole community called Westbrook recruiters, and scrutinized them for hiring two football coaches to fill two positions they needed. Probably not. What is that saying? “The proof is in the pudding”? Yeah, it’s all there. Im only here cause some guru said year in and out Westbrook only schedules Elite opponents and Benjamin couldn’t fall in that category. Well Benjamin has been good just as long as Westbrook has. Westbrooks record from 2000-2020 is hilarious and you think Westbrook is like a dynasty. Yeah no.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the Pot just called the kettle out!! 🤔 only thing hone grown in Benjamin is the 🍅 tomatoes. I forgot to ask Ace how many foreign exchange students have yall picked for the last two years ??
A quick google search asking if schools pick their foreign exchange students or if the foreign exchange program lets the kids pick what community they would like to go and live in America in would’ve saved you from a bunch of humility.

I know it's early, but this year seems to be creating one of the best D1 matchups we've seen in years. I can see Westbrook and Gordon at Jerry's World and both teams matchup very well! PSA if my math doesn't math right, I apologize in advance

Gordon has scored 769 points in 13 wins, while Westbrook comes in with 1 loss at 12-1, but barely outscoring the Longhorns with 785 points.

Gordon has mercy ruled all of their opponents winning by an average of 50.9 points per game while Westbrook's wins average 47.6 points, only completing 2 full games (1 was a 44 point win).

Defensively, Gordon has held their opponents to a total of 108 points while Westbrook opponents have totaled 203. That's an average of 15.6 points per game allowed by the Wildcats and only 8.3 by the Longhorn defense.

They say defense wins championships and it seems Gordon has the upper hand on paper. I haven't seen the Longhorns play this year but I would guess most of their game were over by halftime while the Wildcats had a few games go a bit into the second half.

That being said, Westbrook gets the nod in the "Strength of Schedule" category. The Cats have played more top 10 and top 20 teams than the Longhorns; battling it out with Knox City, Jonesboro, Rankin (twice), Highland, Garden City, Hermleigh, Ira, Buena Vista, and Borden County. Gordon hasn't had it easy, however. They've had to face Throckmorton, Garden City, Strawn, Milford, and Abbott, and seemed to handle them all with ease.

I know anything could happen and both Happy and Jonesboro are hoping to upset both teams to punch their tickets, but this seems to be the matchup festering.
I see something similar to the WB May game in 2021. A whole lot of points in 3 quarters and then like a combined total of 16 points in the fourth

A quick google search asking if schools pick their foreign exchange students or if the foreign exchange program lets the kids pick what community they would like to go and live in America in would’ve saved you from a bunch of humility.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231130_175100_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231130_175100_Google.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 7
Since it was mentioned in above posts I took a look at WB and Benjamin archives. I don’t know the details but neither team since 94 had anything to brag about until 2021. Since then both have been on fire. So whatever happened from say 2020 till now I say more power to them. Way to turn those programs around.

Back