Best D1 Championship in Years aBrewin'?

wstx6manfan

11-man fan
I know it's early, but this year seems to be creating one of the best D1 matchups we've seen in years. I can see Westbrook and Gordon at Jerry's World and both teams matchup very well! PSA if my math doesn't math right, I apologize in advance

Gordon has scored 769 points in 13 wins, while Westbrook comes in with 1 loss at 12-1, but barely outscoring the Longhorns with 785 points.

Gordon has mercy ruled all of their opponents winning by an average of 50.9 points per game while Westbrook's wins average 47.6 points, only completing 2 full games (1 was a 44 point win).

Defensively, Gordon has held their opponents to a total of 108 points while Westbrook opponents have totaled 203. That's an average of 15.6 points per game allowed by the Wildcats and only 8.3 by the Longhorn defense.

They say defense wins championships and it seems Gordon has the upper hand on paper. I haven't seen the Longhorns play this year but I would guess most of their game were over by halftime while the Wildcats had a few games go a bit into the second half.

That being said, Westbrook gets the nod in the "Strength of Schedule" category. The Cats have played more top 10 and top 20 teams than the Longhorns; battling it out with Knox City, Jonesboro, Rankin (twice), Highland, Garden City, Hermleigh, Ira, Buena Vista, and Borden County. Gordon hasn't had it easy, however. They've had to face Throckmorton, Garden City, Strawn, Milford, and Abbott, and seemed to handle them all with ease.

I know anything could happen and both Happy and Jonesboro are hoping to upset both teams to punch their tickets, but this seems to be the matchup festering.

Im with you on this feeling. I’m also getting a bit of when Crowell was going for the three peat and expected to win by most then Abbott swept the rug out from under them.

Whoever is "Sleeping" on Gordon hasn't been paying attention for a season or two.

Please don't anyone embarrass yourself by calling them a sleeper because it makes you sound like you are not up to speed on the happenings in 6 man football.

It's really not an apples to apples comparison to compare them to the 15 Abbott squad either. Gordon has been steamrolling folks all year. In 15 Abbott did not even win their district but still managed to get on a roll and bring home the title.

I personally didn’t say they were a sleeper I just said it gives that feel of that of the Abbott team. Nor did I say they were alike.That Westbrook is going to steamroll and three-peat. Just the feeling that’s it. Plus weren’t you the one not putting Milford in the same category as Abbott. Gordon worked harder for the Milford win than the panthers. That was only 2 weeks ago. Maybe you don’t know football the happenings in 6 man football. lol easy Big Czech

I personally didn’t say they were a sleeper I just said it gives that feel of that of the Abbott team. Nor did I say they were alike.That Westbrook is going to steamroll and three-peat. Just the feeling that’s it. Plus weren’t you the one not putting Milford in the same category as Abbott. Gordon worked harder for the Milford win than the panthers. That was only 2 weeks ago. Maybe you don’t know football the happenings in 6 man football. lol easy Big Czech

👏

Great, maybe you are right.

I'm still confused by the result of the Gordon/Abbott game. Last year Abbott was missing their best player, Sustala, and yet they still managed to beat the Longhorns. This year, Abbott has a healthy Sustala and they get 45'd by the same Gordon team?? Somebody make this make sense.

Last year Gordon was very young. This year although still young they are more mature as a team. I think they were more talented than Abbott last year just too young. That’s just a simple breakdown I’m sure folks from Gordon could go into better details. That’s just my opinion looking in from outside.

I can see the 45 this week. But WB is better than anything Gordon has seen this year. Not saying it’s not possible but that’s gonna be a big mountain to climb.

I can see the 45 this week. But WB is better than anything Gordon has seen this year. Not saying it’s not possible but that’s gonna be a big mountain to climb.
If Gordon can not turn it over, and cover those really good onside kicks of Westbrook's, BCs Kryptonite. If they can manage those 2 things, they will be state champions. I’ve seen both teams, Gordon seems faster. (They are really fast) and have looked like the more dominant team thus far. Their defense speaks for itself. Jerry’s world is a very intimidating place though I imagine. Playing there back to back years back will tremendously favor Westbrook as well, could be a big factor for mental errors. Good luck and safe travels these teams and fans the next few weeks.

I know it's early, but this year seems to be creating one of the best D1 matchups we've seen in years. I can see Westbrook and Gordon at Jerry's World and both teams matchup very well! PSA if my math doesn't math right, I apologize in advance

Gordon has scored 769 points in 13 wins, while Westbrook comes in with 1 loss at 12-1, but barely outscoring the Longhorns with 785 points.

Gordon has mercy ruled all of their opponents winning by an average of 50.9 points per game while Westbrook's wins average 47.6 points, only completing 2 full games (1 was a 44 point win).

Defensively, Gordon has held their opponents to a total of 108 points while Westbrook opponents have totaled 203. That's an average of 15.6 points per game allowed by the Wildcats and only 8.3 by the Longhorn defense.

They say defense wins championships and it seems Gordon has the upper hand on paper. I haven't seen the Longhorns play this year but I would guess most of their game were over by halftime while the Wildcats had a few games go a bit into the second half.

That being said, Westbrook gets the nod in the "Strength of Schedule" category. The Cats have played more top 10 and top 20 teams than the Longhorns; battling it out with Knox City, Jonesboro, Rankin (twice), Highland, Garden City, Hermleigh, Ira, Buena Vista, and Borden County. Gordon hasn't had it easy, however. They've had to face Throckmorton, Garden City, Strawn, Milford, and Abbott, and seemed to handle them all with ease.

I know anything could happen and both Happy and Jonesboro are hoping to upset both teams to punch their tickets, but this seems to be

If Gordon can not turn it over, and cover those really good onside kicks of Westbrook's, BCs Kryptonite. If they can manage those 2 things, they will be state champions. I’ve seen both teams, Gordon seems faster. (They are really fast) and have looked like the more dominant team thus far. Their defense speaks for itself. Jerry’s world is a very intimidating place though I imagine. Playing there back to back years back will tremendously favor Westbrook as well, could be a big factor for mental errors. Good luck and safe travels these teams and fans the next few weeks.
Look who they have played!! They better have looked good, I’ll say this nobody knows who will win because nobody knows who will be there. You sound like fools by saying that someone will win because WE DON’T KNOW WHO WILL WIN!! but one thing I will say is this. Gordon has played NOBODY and I mean NOBODY, Westbrook played a lot of great teams this year and 45’d everyone but two of them and 1 was the first game of the year and the other was a 44 point victory. Someone threw out the Name Throckmorton lol. Westbrook blanked highland by halftime and highland blanked them so don’t use them as a way to say Gordon played tough teams. Neither Garden City or Strawn were what they have been in the past not even close, I know Garden City was so banged up all year it wasn’t even funny. This will all be settled in the next 3 weeks so let the teams that are still left do the talking on the field. After all Westbrook was under dogs the last two years so just goes to show people don’t have a clue what they are talking about. If Westbrook wins Friday that will be 3 straight years to state and at that point that would be an amazing accomplishment with the brutal schedules that they have played.

Last edited:

I know anything could happen and both Happy and Jonesboro are hoping to upset both teams to punch their tickets, but this seems to be the matchup festering.
I can agree with some of this. The part I can’t agree with is the strength of schedule. You use Throckmorton, Strawn and GC as the big games for Gordon. Highland 45’d throckmorton and look what WB did to highland GC lost a big group of senior and had several key injuries and still gave Gordon a fight. WB took care of business against GC. Strawn is on the rebuilding bus.

WB has the resume. They have the speed and the strength. IWB is focused on Happy not Gordon.

I can agree with some of this. The part I can’t agree with is the strength of schedule. You use Throckmorton, Strawn and GC as the big games for Gordon. Highland 45’d throckmorton and look what WB did to highland GC lost a big group of senior and had several key injuries and still gave Gordon a fight. WB took care of business against GC. Strawn is on the rebuilding bus.

WB has the resume. They have the speed and the strength. IWB is focused on Happy not Gordon.
you must've missed the part where I said "Westbrook gets the nod" on strength of schedule. I was merely mentioning some of the better teams on Gordons schedule, never said they matched up with Westbrook opponents.

Hey guys why don't we wait until after Friday and then y’all can talk all the trash ya want . But Westbrook will let their game talk for them. Just like they did with all the games they played this year.

Both Westbrook and Gordon still have one more game to win before we can talk about a meeting at At&T stadium (aka Jerry's world)
A key player or players could get injured as was the case with May in 2020. Happy is hard to figure out, they lost to Klondike at the first of the year then defeat Knox City by 28 points in the playoffs, the only team to beat Westbrook.

Back