Best D1 Championship in Years aBrewin'?

Hard to disagree with you fellas! Coach Reid sold his soul to win this championship this year! Unfortunate that I never made my way on down to Westbrook to help coach Matlock get that defense right. They just won’t stand a chance against the tiny horns!

Coach Reid has been recruiting STUDS for years over at #ChooseGordon! I wish he’d take a page out of the book of Benjamin or Richland Springs and win it with some home grown players! 10PointDoe’s boy deserves to see some playing time coach Reid! It ain’t right!

Speaking of homegrown players, I heard that Westbrook had 4 coaches on staff with good players as sons! I even heard that the head janitor’s boy is playing quarterback over there! Crazy coincidence that those employees were just lucky enough to have starting football players in their lineage!

You boys play nice in the chats now! I’ve got to get back to helping Coach Burkhart run practice! ShrekTheOgresby doesn’t stand a chance against the coyotes tomorrow night!

Good luck!
Greatness!!!

Hard to disagree with you fellas! Coach Reid sold his soul to win this championship this year! Unfortunate that I never made my way on down to Westbrook to help coach Matlock get that defense right. They just won’t stand a chance against the tiny horns!

Coach Reid has been recruiting STUDS for years over at #ChooseGordon! I wish he’d take a page out of the book of Benjamin or Richland Springs and win it with some home grown players! 10PointDoe’s boy deserves to see some playing time coach Reid! It ain’t right!

Speaking of homegrown players, I heard that Westbrook had 4 coaches on staff with good players as sons! I even heard that the head janitor’s boy is playing quarterback over there! Crazy coincidence that those employees were just lucky enough to have starting football players in their lineage!

You boys play nice in the chats now! I’ve got to get back to helping Coach Burkhart run practice! ShrekTheOgresby doesn’t stand a chance against the coyotes tomorrow night!

Good luck!
If I had a son still playing, he’d definitely start over the other 4 that weren’t bought. He graduated and is coaching tonight.

And Milford and Abbott and Jonesboro and so on and so on, talk about a broken record!!! GO HORNS!!!
Milford subpar that did good things against the purchased Longhorns. Abbott disappointed everyone. Never said Jonesboro has a chance. But Westbrook is a different caliber. Go Horns, even if they are bought.

Can we get off this talk about who did/didn't buy championships, please? It's getting pretty old, honestly.

Can we not all just assume that the board members did their best to hire the best applicants for the school overall? I'm not a board member but I'm assuming hiring a coach isn't like going to the car dealership and picking out the one you want. I doubt there are many, if any, board members who are keeping up with all these coaches from other schools and who their kids are, then actively seeking them out when they're in need of a coach.

McLean v Blum was really good and that wasnt that long ago. D1 games are usually better/more competitive than the D2 games. Im always hoping the D2 game is close but really never are for some reason
Don't forget Westbrook vs May 2021. I can recall only 1 game in DII that went down to the wire and that was the second year of the DI and DII split, Motley County vs Woodson. We will be crowning our 18th champion in DI and DII this year and the 69th and 70th champions overall I believe. .

Just think how much better those games would be if the DI champ played the DII champ at ATT. Blow away games at the state level are boring and embarrassing to the sport. Next week should really have the division championship round followed by 1 potentially great title game. Six-man is too small and too weak overall for 2 divisions as it is. And there is no viable argument that DI champs are better than DII. I'd guess its pretty even when you are splitting hairs.

I have a couple of questions for all you educated individuals.
1. Westbrook had a couple of openings to fill. So you think that they should have refused to hire these coaches? Tell them no you have kids that play football but we don’t want to hurt the other teams feelings so we can’t hire you.
2. So if they hired them do ya think that they should have adopted their kids out? Or just left the kids there on the streets?
You people crying recruiting need to clean your own backyards before you start making up lies and fairytales about some other school’s programs.

I have a couple of questions for all you educated individuals.
1. Westbrook had a couple of openings to fill. So you think that they should have refused to hire these coaches? Tell them no you have kids that play football but we don’t want to hurt the other teams feelings so we can’t hire you.
2. So if they hired them do ya think that they should have adopted their kids out? Or just left the kids there on the streets?
You people crying recruiting need to clean your own backyards before you start making up lies and fairytales about some other school’s programs.

It is fairly well known that coaches often have kids. Its also a given that most coaches kids are above the norm due to genetics, because daddy probably wasn't too bad in his day, and having an in home coach on duty is a solid plus. So its fair to say its almost unavoidable to seek out early middle age coaches without kids that aren't pretty decent players. Also, those same early middle age dudes are typically more valuable than some knucklehead right out of college. No offense to the exceptional knuckleheads. Its the perfect storm and its often a win win for the program and the community AND the family that moves in. Small schools often hire families. Wife teaches, couple good all around kids doesn't hurt either and if you are really lucky grandparents move too and become helpful community members. You guys talking about buying wins is pathetic.

It is fairly well known that coaches often have kids. Its also a given that most coaches kids are above the norm due to genetics, because daddy probably wasn't too bad in his day, and having an in home coach on duty is a solid plus. So its fair to say its almost unavoidable to seek out early middle age coaches without kids that aren't pretty decent players. Also, those same early middle age dudes are typically more valuable than some knucklehead right out of college. No offense to the exceptional knuckleheads. Its the perfect storm and its often a win win for the program and the community AND the family that moves in. Small schools often hire families. Wife teaches, couple good all around kids doesn't hurt either and if you are really lucky grandparents move too and become helpful community members. You guys talking about buying wins is pathetic.
I agree with you. One of those coaches kids who was a excellent athlete just like his dad was for coach grandpa is now himself coaching over at cross plains. And no doubt in my mind he someday if he has kids they will be well rounded athletes as well. It just is what it is.

It is fairly well known that coaches often have kids. Its also a given that most coaches kids are above the norm due to genetics, because daddy probably wasn't too bad in his day, and having an in home coach on duty is a solid plus. So it’s fair to say it’s almost unavoidable to seek out early middle age coaches without kids that aren't pretty decent players. Also, those same early middle age dudes are typically more valuable than some knucklehead right out of college. No offense to the exceptional knuckleheads. It’s the perfect storm and it’s often a win win for the program and the community AND the family that moves in. Small schools often hire families. Wife teaches, couple good all around kids doesn't hurt either and if you are really lucky grandparents move too and become helpful community members. You guys talking about buying wins is pathetic
Different topic didn’t you read mikes post? Or are you higher up than everybody else?

I love the idea of having the division state titles next week a neutral site(s) and then have the two winners play for the 6man title in between the 2 6A games at AT&T the next week. But dont think it would happen for a few reasons...no other classification does it and folks in six-man have fought really hard (and still are) to be accepted and treated like all other classifications and that would be in total contrast to that

I love the idea of having the division state titles next week a neutral site(s) and then have the two winners play for the 6man title in between the 2 6A games at AT&T the next week. But dont think it would happen for a few reasons...no other classification does it and folks in six-man have fought really hard (and still are) to be accepted and treated like all other classifications and that would be in total contrast to that
Is there anything that says the schools couldn’t agree to it at some other neutral location? Not saying it would ever happen, just curious if there is a long uil rule against doing so?

Back