Jonesboro vs Union hill

From what I've seen Jonesboro can run some spread as well. They just haven't really had to yet. I think they are more well known for lining up tight and just running at you.

Interested in seeing the outcome of this one. Should be a game. Like the fact both coaches are from the same town and both have been very successful. Love this time of year

51eleven , Jonesboro may have gave up so much points but take a look a the difference in the schedule between both teams . I would say Jonesboro has played more high caliber teams compared to UH. UH played Strawn and a few decent teams in the playoffs.

Jonesboro defense seems kinda weak to me spread rush is slow and lots of arm tackling and o line is kinda slow a good quick defensive line will cause fits I think this might be a pop pretty close game especially if 3 and 26 are still not 100 percent

ultra fan 85 the question was who has seen them play. I have twice. now you saying defense will not win the game is bologna. in the game of six man it's all about getting stops. if the teams are equal defense win the game! I'm not predicting them to win or lose just answering some question on this thread. I have another comment, how many times in any sports have your heard defense wins championships ?

Bulldog15":6ea2x2bv said:
Jonesboro defense seems kinda weak to me spread rush is slow and lots of arm tackling and o line is kinda slow a good quick defensive line will cause fits I think this might be a pop pretty close game especially if 3 and 26 are still not 100 percent

Have you seen Jonesboro play? I don't think I've ever heard someone say Jonesboro just arm tackles. Usually any team they play well tell you Jonesboro is very physical and will lay his every time they get a chance.... The few games I've seen there wasn't much arm tackling. Lots of good pops coming from the Jonesboro defense.

The Team Zephyr faced the 1st match up which won by a good margin will be on the field this Friday night. #26 didn't play this last Friday night which was a close game. Jonesboro should win by 30 points.

Emo in sixman you have to play your heart out on both sides of the ball not just one side . I haven't seen a team yet win a game much less a state championship from just being top notch defense and no offense to help them out.

Leman Saunders":x6x9xs9s said:
actually their first years in 6man were in the 1940s...

I wonder when they went to 11 man? They won state in 78 & 82 going 14-0 both times, obviously not in six man. Interestingly the 78 state game was in Shotwell.

Am planning on being at Porcupine Stadium Friday night. How about someone writing up a little summary of what to expect, who to watch, etc? Looking forward to it!

I don't remember jersey numbers, but get a program and look for these names.
Jonesboro - Barnes, Liljadahl, Roebuck
Union Hill - Nelson, Wade, Mallory

BerettaBoy":2w726f9u said:
Am planning on being at Porcupine Stadium Friday night. How about someone writing up a little summary of what to expect, who to watch, etc? Looking forward to it!

Bring a rain coat (not an umbrella) just in case. And a hat (not just a cap). Good chance of rain.
Both teams are run oriented. Not a lot written about either team I'm aware of but I'm not on facebook or twitter though I did see a youtube video on highlights of a UH game.
I expect a lot of running from both teams no matter the conditions, thus a fast clock. Maybe not a real high scoring game?

CowboyP":3nfs3xpm said:
I don't remember jersey numbers, but get a program and look for these names.
Jonesboro - Barnes, Liljadahl, Roebuck
Union Hill - Nelson, Wade, Mallory

The Nelson mentioned must be the one on Lehman's list as scoring 8 TD's on Abbott.
No doubt JB already has him in their sights.

Coach probably doesn't want me bringing this up but it's the State Semi Final, about time all involved on both teams received a little acknowledgement for playing in it. To my knowledge neither team has played in a six man semi before.

Have you seen Jonesboro play? I don't think I've ever heard someone say Jonesboro just arm tackles. Usually any team they play well tell you Jonesboro is very physical and will lay his every time they get a chance.... The few games I've seen there wasn't much arm tackling. Lots of good pops coming from the Jonesboro defense.[/quote]

I've seen Jonesboro multiple times and there defense is weak this years team seems a little more finesse then in the past zephyr and Avalon was more physical than them

Back