Last 6 of the 2023 UNDEFEATED

look at Borden county schedule and then look at Whiteface schedule, 2nd round looking forward you have to be fast and physical to get there, kids at Whiteface are fast but no muscle

I picked Whiteface to play Westbrook since preseason look it up but strength of schedule is playing with fire but if your kids can get through then it pays off later in playoffs, playing grandfalls, kress, meadow, anton does not get you anywhere, you guys at Whiteface should get toughest schedule next year

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

...here we go, back to the ol’ ‘Strength of Schedule’ argument.
I agree. Because any given team can be beaten on any given day.
Back in 1971 (I believe is the correct year) Santo 9-0 got beaten by Carbon 0-9 best I can remember both played the same schedule/opponents.
Most Schools are in the second year of a two year agreement, a weak team that you are playing this year may have been a powerhouse last year. While a powerhouse this year could have been a weak team last year. (Consider Whiteface).

Y’all just keep underestimating our boys, that’s fine! Our boys have used the dismissals all season long to stoke the fires and the are motivated! I hope BC and Westbrook thinks we are soft and not physical! We have been quiet all season long. We are going to let our play prove you wrong!
Who said they were soft lol, don’t guess I’ve read that comment

6-man king stated we weren’t physical and all speed no muscle. Guys I’m not here to argue or defend ourselves. Our boys will show up and compete with anybody in the state. Win or lose we will NOT be a pushover for anyone.

you cant come on this site and talk trash when you havent proven yourselves all year ive written on other post that Whiteface is a sleeper team, since the beginning of this year and next year will be their year, but talk trash after you have beaten them, my prediction for Whiteface was second round they out, i hope you guys win, but you guys are in no mans land. This is were the Bordens, Westbrooks, Rankins, Valleys are alway at this time of year. Your Coach is a legend but not sure if the town is on same page, hope he can stay and change the course.

you cant come on this site and talk trash when you havent proven yourselves all year ive written on other post that Whiteface is a sleeper team, since the beginning of this year and next year will be their year, but talk trash after you have beaten them, my prediction for Whiteface was second round they out, i hope you guys win, but you guys are in no mans land. This is were the Bordens, Westbrooks, Rankins, Valleys are alway at this time of year. Your Coach is a legend but not sure if the town is on same page, hope he can stay and change the course.
Miiiikkke! There's some guy on here talking trash who hasn't proven nothing yet!

...here we go, back to the ol’ ‘Strength of Schedule’ argument.
Strength of schedule is proven to be one of the best indicators for how well prepared a team is for playoffs. That goes from peewee all the way to the pros. There is always a chance a team can be way better than what they seem from strength of schedule, very rare, but this still doesn’t battle test them so they have the ability and understanding to keep cool and do what needs to be done when push comes to shove in clutch situations.

Miami will go home, Springlake has too much speed. Whiteface gets a scare, but comes out on top of BC. Knox City is trying to decide if basketball sounds better.

Thanks for the insight Coach! I figured you’d be too busy helping your team get ready for their big game on Friday!

Strength of schedule is proven to be one of the best indicators for how well prepared a team is for playoffs. That goes from peewee all the way to the pros. There is always a chance a team can be way better than what they seem from strength of schedule, very rare, but this still doesn’t battle test them so they have the ability and understanding to keep cool and do what needs to be done when push comes to shove in clutch situations.
One aspect on this I’ll agree with strength of schedule folks is that I think every coach would tell they’d like to have one or two tough games before the playoffs to identify holes and develop mental fortitude. But to universally say that a team with a tougher schedule is going to be the better team, won’t win you much in Vegas. Too many other variables at play. How does the team respond to an early season loss? Do they have the right mindset to learn from it or does the loss(es) begin to take a mental toll? Does the team suffer any injuries as a result of those games? Battle hardened is one thing, but too injured to play is another. Would that player be better off getting reps against an inferior opponent then recovering from injury during district and trying get it fired up and going come playoff time. (See: Lorraine. Tough schedule worked out for them last year but injury bug bit them this year.).

Thing is, the argument is difficult to prove one way or another. If a team wins and they had a tougher/easier schedule, did they win because of the schedule or because they were just more talented or had a better coach or worked harder, etc. Their is no control group to test this because again, too many variables at play. Even the Lorraine example above, if they win this week, still no defined conclusion that their schedule had anything to do with that win one way or another.

For this reason, the strength of schedule is an opinion or a philosophy rather than a truth. If it was a truth: schedule harder teams = win more games in playoffs, then every coach would replicate it in their scheduling! Of course, I could go off on a separate tangent on this aspect of the argument, the actual act of scheduling games and how difficult that is, especially when trying to predict two years into the future, but that’s been covered at length in other topics on the board.

It’s fun to talk about nonetheless!

Welp, according to Y'all tonight's game will end the team I closely follow last game of the season.
They (according to y'all) are not for real, and have played a weak schedule and are untested, therefore not capable of advertising any further in the playoffs. It's been a fun season following them this year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231116_090420_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116_090420_Facebook.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
Back