Rigdon????

Wow! Hard to put in to words the performance that kid just put on. Reminds me of a 210#, 5’11” guy with the last name McCaffrey. I don’t see that Air Force commitment holding. Way too much NIL money at some of the bigger elite schools coming his way. To early? Lol just wow!

For all those who have sneered or glanced sideways and grinned or even said, sixman, that's not real football when I mentioned it. Only one game, against a 12/1 team from last year. Stick this where the sun doesn't shine. What an inspiration to any sixman player that anything is possible.
They said 173 yards at half time, 2 TD's plus one called back for holding. They never gave his exact stat's at the end. A long run in the 3rd quarter plus a couple of shorter ones, the TD catch and run. Near 250 yds rushing, 3 TD's. A great night for any RB in 11 man. Near half their 566 total yards. In three quarters.

I listened to bits of the excellent (early) Abbott/Oglesby game but this sucked me in.

Columbus 65, Cuero 24.

Didn't realize that Columbus was #2 in the 3A-1 state poll. Cuero is 4A-2 and except for a tough year about five or six years ago (I think they went 3-7; our local HS Geronimo Navarro was in the same district with them for a number of years -- a tough district with Navarro, Wimberly, and Cuero) and we barely beat them this year. I was scared to look at Cuero's schedule that year, expecting that they had a bunch of D1 and D2 colleges on it which was the only way they could have been 3-7 that year).

FTA:
Columbus quarterback Adam Schobel, a TCU commit, completed 13 of 16 passes for 217 yards and five touchdowns and added a rushing touchdown.

Running back Grayson Rigdon, who was playing his first 11-man game after playing six-man for three seasons, rushed 14 times for 255 yards and two touchdowns and added a receiving touchdown.

FTA:
Columbus quarterback Adam Schobel, a TCU commit, completed 13 of 16 passes for 217 yards and five touchdowns and added a rushing touchdown.

Running back Grayson Rigdon, who was playing his first 11-man game after playing six-man for three seasons, rushed 14 times for 255 yards and two touchdowns and added a receiving touchdown.

Avg 18 yd per carry for Rigdon. Sounds like he hasn't missed a beat.

Watched this game. Kid is a monster, reason I signed back to this site since I played 6man in 2008. I saw he was the best 6man player ever and I had to check him out. How many tds did he have playing 6man. All I saw was his team won 3 state championships.

I do not know any of the Rigdons or have a dog in the fight, but I will say this…

As a sixman fan I wanted to see him do well in crowded field. And I knew he would be solid. What I was most impressed by is how he did as a teammate. Rigdon was the dude at Benjamin and I wanted to see how he did when he wasn’t getting the ball. This young man seems like an excellent teammate and somebody you would want in your program. He was FIRED UP when his teammates scored or did well. That is a quality that coaches at the next level look at, and I’m glad he’s a team guy.

this is all on what I saw on the Columbus/Quero game on YouTube.

Congrats to Rig and good luck on the rest of the year.

Now that he is playing 11 man and doing well he will definitely get more attention from other D1 programs.
Moving from 11 man to 6 man. I’d have to say picking up the 6 man game would have been harder for me than the opposite. No dancing around in 6 man, hit the hole and go. Slimmer margin for error in 6 man, the game is a lot faster. When I played they called 11 man slowball.

Going to 11 man, as a RB, I guess the big question now is can he block? At some point he will have to. Has he ever done it before?

Back