D 2 Rankings and Predictions

THEQB

Six-man fan
Just looking at some of the rankings. Thanks to six man they have it broke down week to week so we can keep up with the movement.

Baytown- They have been on top the entire year. Seem to be taking care of business and I don't see much movement. Hearing fast, physical, and have 45'ed every opponent so far.

Seguin Lifegate- Played a very good Feast team and played them tough. Also had a great win over Castle Hills.
Very Quick on both sides of the ball

NCTA-got hammered by Rockwall and Zephyr but had a good win over Tyler street. Suppose to be decent passing game but not much speed.

SMHC- Had a few tough losses but started out with a physical game against High Island. They supposedly got a late transfer that is suppose to be a pretty solid player. Not sure what position though. Supposed had a few kids injured in week 2 against covenant (not sure if they had 1 week injuries or major injuries) which would explain that loss. They still have a solid chance at repeat if they are healthy.

Covenant- I assume they are ranked 5 because of their win over SMHC.I believe if they were healthy that game would have been a 45 for SM. They had trouble with a not so great Providence team who took (0-4) OCC to overtime. verdict is still out on this one.

I have Waco Live oak in the middle of this pack along with Bulverde Bracken.

That should be a good look for ND. NCTA is no joke but got man handled by Rockwall. Curious what the spread would be on that one.

Baytown might see a test today it looks like Apple Springs are undefeated and only 15 points score on them vs Baytown who is also undefeated. Sixman has Baytown winnning by 45 but I think this could be a true test to see if they are worthy of the 1 ranking. I believe the score will be much closer.
San Marcos is the best team around with their new addition of Their QB. I wonder if they lose again will they recruit more players?

I'll be going to the Live Oak vs. Calvert game tonight. Sixman has it as a 45 for calvert, which it will be, but I think Live Oak will last into the 3rd or 4th before being 45ed. I'm excited to go to the game tonight, its been too long since the last six man game I went to. San Marcos is no joke, they are a physical team that does have some speed (just fast enough) and they are hungry to get a back to back championship. They took a page out of Freddy's and Seguin's and Geneva's/Castlehills' programs and play some smash-mouth football. They were very physical my senior year (two years ago) but they weren't disciplined on defense, which was their downfall come playoffs. I'd say they learned that defense wins championships. We will see what happens now that they have a "stud" (I have no doubt he is a good player, but look at what happened with NCTA's "stud" last year. Only a few young men will rival the true studs of Etheridge, Ramsay, and dare I say Dante Johnson?). I've yet to see SMHC play this year, but I'm assuming their gameplans will be similar to last year's. Anyways, I'm excited to see what is in store with Div. II this year!

Waco Live Oak has got to be near the top with their outstanding game against highly ranked Calvert. Calvert had to score in the closing minutes to escape with a win.
I think the top spots are. 1. San Marcos 2. Waco Live Oak. 3. Alpha 4. Baytown 5. Lifegate

Cougar1414":2xm29f6s said:
Waco Live Oak has got to be near the top with their outstanding game against highly ranked Calvert. Calvert had to score in the closing minutes to escape with a win.
I think the top spots are. 1. San Marcos 2. Waco Live Oak. 3. Alpha 4. Baytown 5. Lifegate

Seems a little odd they were that close to beating Calvert. I wonder if they had some injuries. I have it
1.) SMHC
2.) Alpha
3.) Baytown
4.) Bulverde
5.) Lifegate

What has Live Oak done for you to doubt them?
They 45'd 3 of their opponents, lost by 1 to a team who knows them very well and was up on Calvert with less then a minute to go.

Cougar1414":19gra8mn said:
I'm drinking the Chip and Joanna water. Live Oak iwill make a deep run in the playoffs history tells us that.

Have not really played anyone... playing Calvert without Arguably the best six man spread back in the game is ok at best. Nothing knocking them they are just not what they have been in the past. San Marcos, bulverde, and baytown beat them without an issue

If I can I will really try to see a WLO game. I wish their game against Calvert had been Friday instead of Saturday because I was at the Baylor game Saturday. I did get to see Waco Vanguard on Friday play Red Oak Ovilla however. I'll have to see which game works best for me to go to

Go to whatever game u want. Waco has to
Go through SMHC, Alpha or baytown.
Playoffs are south strong this year.
Any north team team I'm sure will get a walk to semis

I would agree that the south is strong this year like usual for playoffs. It will be a murderer's row to get to state on the south side of the bracket. The northern side of the bracket will be an easier trip to state. Baytown, SMHC, AO, Seguin, and Bulverde seem to have that southern defense (also that isn't in order of who I think has the best defense). Do we know how the playoffs are gonna work this year yet?

shortround":imod00bf said:
I would agree that the south is strong this year like usual for playoffs. It will be a murderer's row to get to state on the south side of the bracket. The northern side of the bracket will be an easier trip to state. Baytown, SMHC, AO, Seguin, and Bulverde seem to have that southern defense (also that isn't in order of who I think has the best defense). Do we know how the playoffs are gonna work this year yet?

That's still the question of the year. Hopefully a few of the teams mentioned will get put in the other bracket.
If not the state championship could really be played in the state semifinals on the south side of the bracket.

shortround":2fvre1nm said:

Is it always north south in the brackets or does it have anything to do with seeding?
I would hate to see alpha,baytown,SMHC, and bulverde all in the same bracket

If I'm remembering correctly, it's been north and south the past two years, with wild cards mixed in. But since the jump back to two divisions, there are more districts which might be why it's taking so long to figure out what to do for playoffs this year.

Before all but one or two teams in the district made the playoffs some 9-1 teams stayed home when I played.
Is about money or just getting a patch on the letter jacket?
I don't understand it. Nothing is earned anymore. I'll be the first one to say my son and his teammate are a bunch of sissies and expect everything to be given to them. The coaches can't even grabbed them by the face mask or whack them in the ear hole like mine did without some parent getting mad or possibly them getting fired.
They're a bunch of Candy Aces!
Sorry this subject just hit a nerve with me..

Back