D 2 Rankings and Predictions

Sam Cheat Cover 2":265lbm65 said:
Before all but one or two teams in the district made the playoffs some 9-1 teams stayed home when I played.
Is about money or just getting a patch on the letter jacket?
I don't understand it. Nothing is earned anymore. I'll be the first one to say my son and his teammate are a bunch of sissies and expect everything to be given to them. The coaches can't even grabbed them by the face mask or whack them in the ear hole like mine did without some parent getting mad or possibly them getting fired.
They're a bunch of Candy Aces!
Sorry this subject just hit a nerve with me..

Wild guess ur from the north?
Not being rude, I just think further south u get the more discipline and hard nose players you have.

The South is stronger for sure but TAPPS needs to decide on a playoff system before the season starts and not wait until after the regular season is over. The best team is usually gonna win no doubt but they should have a playoff system already in place and follow it. I'm new to this. Is this something that is a yearly issue with TAPPS? I don't mean to rock the boat but what is the deal?

My guess is it's a little different this year because they swapped to 2 divisions. Either way district play is starting and something needs to be decided.

Sure the South is very tough in TAPPS Sixman Football, but me being the Texas Football Fan that I am will say that UIL Crowded field teams love going south cause they can win playoff games. I guess the crowded field players all migrate to TAPPS sixman schools in the South. The North teams don't have a whole lot to choose from, because of some dominate crowded field schools. Look at the UIL state rankings for 2A-6A and I would be willing to bet most are North Teams ranked in top 10 and more from the East Texas area. This is my opinion so please don't get your Depend Thongs in a wad.

Yes the South has always been tough. Good for them. I just want to know if TAPPS is gonna water down the playoffs with two brackets?

Prickly

THEQB":3iheok8t said:
shortround":3iheok8t said:
I would agree that the south is strong this year like usual for playoffs. It will be a murderer's row to get to state on the south side of the bracket. The northern side of the bracket will be an easier trip to state. Baytown, SMHC, AO, Seguin, and Bulverde seem to have that southern defense (also that isn't in order of who I think has the best defense). Do we know how the playoffs are gonna work this year yet?

That's still the question of the year. Hopefully a few of the teams mentioned will get put in the other bracket.
If not the state championship could really be played in the state semifinals on the south side of the bracket.

Thats everyones question... I think they will leave it all one bracket. I mean if they split it up you will have everyone in the playoffs..

There will be 2 brackets. TAPPS said there would be this summer. They being tapps, has to wait until the saturday after district is over to fill out the brackets based on placing of district and enrollment of schools.

If they do 2 brackets it will water down the playoffs, and allow too many teams in. In d2 all of the schools are classified as lower population,hence the reason they are in d2. If they go even further and divide it then they should have just left it as 3 divisions.

TheQB, I agree, but they didn't, so having 3 divisions is not a option. Even though everyone is D2, still does not mean that there is still some rather large disparity between school's enrollments. Some of the schools in D2, only have 40 students in the high school and some of the schools in D2 have around 100 that is a pretty big difference. It might water down the playoffs, but it is also evening out the playing field to still have 2 brackets... ex. Big School, Small School for D2

So a big school state Champ and a little school state champ.....Both from one division! They should have left it Division 1-3. This is asinine. Texas Association of Pets and Party Supplies.

not really.... the small school will eventually meet up with the big school in the state finals. I think either way someone will be pissed.

I think it would allow the small schools to make a deeper run and just because they are a small school does not mean they can't take out a bigger school. I think we have a few teams in D2 that could beat just about any of the D1 teams.

San Marcos
Seguin
Waco Live Oak
Baytown
Huntsville

Put any of those in D1 and they make some racket

Like I said... always someone gonna be pissed.
What's considered a small school or big school anyway.
Is there an enrollment cutoff?

I would think it will be like the UIL format everyone excpet the last place team makes the playoffs then they'll be put into big school/small school brackets based on enrollment and be seeded by their district record.
But who knows coach Flava Fla may just want to have a coin toss or play rock, paper, scissors to decide.

Not that I'm aware of. It should be set in place before the season starts but that doesn't seem to be the case in TAPPS. That's my biggest complaint.
North South East or West doesn't matter. No doubt the South has stronger teams than the North but in 11 man football I've seen three teams in the same district that could win state but they have to play each other and it doesn't matter it's the luck of the draw.
Set up a playoff system and stick to it and don't let some coach on the board change things.
I rememeber when a team could go 9-1 and not make the playoff.

Back