D 2 Rankings and Predictions

Are these just predictions?
How do you know until the games are played?
And everything will change the week before playoffs because some Coach on the board doesn't get his way!!!
This is all a bunch of BS!!!
It needs to be set in place before the first game is played not after how many players got hurt on one team or another or if I play in a district that only has 3 teams because two or three dropped out and that district will only have two come out of it.
Like someone said earlier just give everyone a trophy!!!

Sam Cheat Cover 2":1khqsgio said:
Are these just predictions?
How do you know until the games are played?
And everything will change the week before playoffs because some Coach on the board doesn't get his way!!!
This is all a bunch of BS!!!
It needs to be set in place before the first game is played not after how many players got hurt on one team or another or if I play in a district that only has 3 teams because two or three dropped out and that district will only have two come out of it.
Like someone said earlier just give everyone a trophy!!!

I don't think anyone "knows"
Predictions are what we are going on and I agree it's either set or it's not. Go with it and stick to your guns.

Sam, you seem a little frustrated with all the !!!!! used in your last post. Have you even gone to their website and LOOKED at the brackets? Seems pretty clear to me and Im an old country boy. Its basically what the ui of l does every year.

I agree (that was hard to type) with your thoughts on how it should be done before the season, but that seems to happen with the tapps way of doing things. Never the same from year to year. That stuff has happened for years. Since it is already out, it should not change no matter what happens. My "opinion".

Just "telling it like it is".

Everyone have a great day!! Hug a private school coach, player, mom or dad today, they might need it with all this bracketology.

I guess I'm just dumb because I looked at it and I need an attorney to interpret that crap. It makes no sense to me without having the enrollment attached and the games not even have been played yet.

And you're right took me probably a good hour and 2 six packs to type that. I'm a very slow reader to say the least.

I think that one of the big issues faced this year would be all of the private schools that had to cancel their season, leaving several districts with 1 or 2 teams. Hard to play a district like that.

They could stop some of the confussion by just saying who is DIv2 big and who is Div 2 little. There should have been a number on enrollment already decided and put out. This t me makes it controversial and scandalous.

Scandalous...now there's a word synonomous with tapps. Sounds like Mr Holmes has been watching too many of his own movies.

Conspiracy theory.......oh yeah, the entire playoff system in tapps is rigged!!! And that coach over there in the metroplex calls all the shots in tapps. How friggin ridiculous!!!

Go back to what you know Holmes......movies or whatever you call what you do.

Just telling it like it is.

Lol, awesome, we have another troll and someone to play with. I don't mind playing with you billyboy I did spend time over in Italy making movies with many Billy's. No conspiracies just facts. You must be someone that has been insulted by facts, maybe your a coach who is a loser or a coach who I insulted by facts either way it's fun to troll and that telling it like it is.

John Holmes":2gyuy9vd said:
They could stop some of the confussion by just saying who is DIv2 big and who is Div 2 little. There should have been a number on enrollment already decided and put out. This t me makes it controversial and scandalous.

You can go to tapps website and see the enrollment numbers. All the schools are listed with enrollment total. I don't think you can say who is d2 or d3 because they don't know which teams getting left out.

Several good games this week in D2

New Braunsfels vs FEAST
NBCA will be tested this week for sure. Feast has a good mixture of size and speed and could create some real problems for NBCA.
FEAST by 28

Bulverde vs Spring branch
Bulverde had a tough physical battle last week with Winston and pulled out a close one.
Spring Branch is suppose to have a speedy spread back. If thats the case it could be a good game. Winston had a very quick spread back that gave Bracken fits last week.
Bracken by 18

Seguin vs San Marcos Hill Country
I believe at the beginning of the year both fans and teams had this game circled on their calendar, however since then we have seen a very inconsistent SM team. You never know what team is going to show up, or who's playing and who's not.
Should be a decent game
seguin by 20

Wow!
Probably a good call for NBCA. FEAST is physical and probably would have beat up on a smaller NBCA team. Good idea going into district play

THEQB":nranlyoj said:
Wow!
Probably a good call for NBCA. FEAST is physical and probably would have beat up on a smaller NBCA team. Good idea going into district play

Lifegate is on their bye week so they have two weeks to prepare for NBCA (at Lifegate, Nov. 4, 7:30).

Should be a heck of a game. I'm penciling it in on my calendar.

Granger,

Your ranking system is losing credibility as the season plays out. How can you rank a 4-5 team ahead of a 7-0 team especially when the 7-0 team beat the 4-5 team. Tapps d2 rankings. Can't put much stock in it.

If it were a person giving the rankings then it would be correct in my book. NBCA beat a SMHC team that was missing 4-5 players however I believe it is computer generated.

TheQB, they were missing one player 10 their spread back. He was ineligible due to grades. That's it. They have some freshman who are not impact players with injuries. Don't let the talk of them missing players effect anything. Missing one player. NBCA had 3 tds called back plus had 2 starters go down with injuries in the first half. NBCA also left 12 points out there with missed kicks. NBCA should have scored 100 just like Seguin did just saying.

Wildcat16":21hzbay8 said:
TheQB, they were missing one player 10 their spread back. He was ineligible due to grades. That's it. They have some freshman who are not impact players with injuries. Don't let the talk of them missing players effect anything. Missing one player. NBCA had 3 tds called back plus had 2 starters go down with injuries in the first half. NBCA also left 12 points out there with missed kicks. NBCA should have scored 100 just like Seguin did just saying.

Thanks for the info wildcat. I had no idea who the players were but I was aware that their spread back was on of them. Granted he is a huge part of how their offense runs when he's in there but if everyone else for SMHC was healthy, then hats off to NBCA for a nice win. Looks like they are a high powered offense. They will need to work on the extra points for sure. In the playoffs against Live Oak or Alpha they will need every point they can get.

Wildcat16":2ukubucr said:
Granger,

Your ranking system is losing credibility as the season plays out. How can you rank a 4-5 team ahead of a 7-0 team especially when the 7-0 team beat the 4-5 team. Tapps d2 rankings. Can't put much stock in it.

Nothing is perfect.

New Braunfels Christian (7-0) is currently ranked #100
and has a rating of 237.09

def #190 Victoria Faith Academy (3-4) 32-0
def #110 Spring Branch Living Rock Academy (6-2) 84-39
def #212 Round Rock Concordia (1-6) 92-45
def #203 SA The Atonement (0-7) 72-15
def #208 Kerrville Our Lady of the Hills (1-7) 54-6
def #207 SA Sunnybrook (4-4) 54-6
def #95 San Marcos Hill Country Christian (4-5) 75-69

San Marcos Hill Country Christian (4-5) is currently ranked #95
and has a rating of 238.81

lost to #89 High Island (7-2) 62-46
lost to #48 Conroe Covenant Christian (8-0) 38-8
def #124 Giddings State School (1-5) 68-13
def #104 SA Castle Hills (6-2) 65-31
def #119 Austin Hill Country (3-5) 52-50
def #179 Katy Faith West (1-7) 53-6
lost to #92 Bastrop Tribe Consolidated (7-2) 54-44
lost to #100 New Braunfels Christian (7-0) 75-69
lost to #38 Seguin Lifegate (8-1) 102-78

Best win is over #104

Worst loss is from #100

They are close. The rankings reflect that. Will it put all 259 in the correct place? Never. That is impossible. Will it upset someone whose team feels slighted? Always. Sorry.

Wildcat16,
Just to "correct" some of your MIS-information you choose to speak of publicly without "actually" knowing which you speak of... "only missing Freshman non impact players"

These are the Facts; HCCS Missing vs. NBCA : 1- Junior 3- Soph's - 1- Freshman = 5 missing players
Junior spread back - was obvious
3 sophmores: 1- was all district hon. mention last year Started ALL district games & Starter in State Win & impact player on Def as one of leading tacklers on team - Broken Ankle in cast up to mid-theigh & 1 week in hospital in Aug. after emergency abdominal surgury for a hole in stomach turned septic.
#2- Starter this year 4 games. #3- Leading scorer & tackler on his team last year & this year until torn MCL.
Freshman- starter for 4 games this year & one of fastest guy on team.
As a Coach (which you are), I would never "speak" on another team, without knowing the actual facts.
Best of luck going forward

Back