TAPPS playoff picks

I’m proud of our guys. It was a complete team effort. I’m especially proud of my son. He’s had a fantastic career and this is an awesome way to end it. I think he leaves Prestonwood in good hands. There’s a lot of talent coming back. It hasn’t quite hit me that it’s over, but i’m not gonna worry about that right now.

I’m proud of our guys. It was a complete team effort. I’m especially proud of my son. He’s had a fantastic career and this is an awesome way to end it. I think he leaves Prestonwood in good hands. There’s a lot of talent coming back. It hasn’t quite hit me that it’s over, but i’m not gonna worry about that right now.
Congrats too your son! I’m assuming it’s Tucker?

Baytown came out hot and I believe
Shocked a lot of people. I think a big turning point was the interception in the end zone late in the 2nd I believe and the onside kick. Baytowns #4 is a dog. I don’t think they expected baytown to be as successful as they were at running tight with with #4. He’s a smaller framed kid but he’s tough as nails. Definitely a lot faster live than on clips. They just lacked the depth to compete. When ur swapping a fresh 6 on offense and defense with athletes it’s tough for 6 playing both sides of the ball to compete. Congrats to prestonwood and baytown on a great season!

Congrats to Prestonwood on a great game to bring home the state title. They are absolutely a beast of a team. 40 has a unique combo of size and speed. 44 played well until a beautiful block from Baytown’s 8 had him begging off. 2’s speed is incredible, 7 was outstanding all game, 0, 4…they’ve got talent for sure and bring it in waves. It will be interesting to see how they handle moving up to DII.

Baytown played their hearts out. They had a truly special run the past month or so. It’s a tremendous testament to their will.

Congrats to all the teams yesterday! Congrats to Prestonwood and best of luck moving up to Div. 2 next year. Hard to believe the season is already over...

I was lucky enough to see all three games in person yesterday... If you have a chance, go back and watch the Conroe vs Abilene game on the TAPPS website. One of the best sixman games I've seen.

Congrats to all the teams yesterday! Congrats to Prestonwood and best of luck moving up to Div. 2 next year. Hard to believe the season is already over...

I was lucky enough to see all three games in person yesterday... If you have a chance, go back and watch the Conroe vs Abilene game on the TAPPS website. One of the best sixman games I've seen.
I just saw the final score and saw a reference to it coming down to the closing seconds. How did the final two minutes go down?

I just saw the final score and saw a reference to it coming down to the closing seconds. How did the final two minutes go down?
I'll do my best...

Abilene overcame a two score deficit and got the ball back with roughly 3 mins left and all 3 time outs. Conroe stuffs the first two run plays, Abilene is letting the clock run and taking there time. Abilene throws a deep ball to #21 who makes a remarkable diving catch at Conroe's 17 yard line. At this point, there is 1 min left on the clock. Conroe's D stands tall on the first two run plays. It's 3rd & 8. J formation, bootleg right, throw just off the finger tips of the reciever at the goalline. Now 4th & 8 with 30 seconds left. Appears to run a similiar play, but the QB throws the ball between the two recievers and it hits the turf. Ball game.

I'll do my best...

Abilene overcame a two score deficit and got the ball back with roughly 3 mins left and all 3 time outs. Conroe stuffs the first two run plays, Abilene is letting the clock run and taking there time. Abilene throws a deep ball to #21 who makes a remarkable diving catch at Conroe's 17 yard line. At this point, there is 1 min left on the clock. Conroe's D stands tall on the first two run plays. It's 3rd & 8. J formation, bootleg right, throw just off the finger tips of the reciever at the goalline. Now 4th & 8 with 30 seconds left. Appears to run a similiar play, but the QB throws the ball between the two recievers and it hits the turf. Ball game.
I wonder if they had any thoughts of trying a FG to tie it.

Spread backs gotta be Baytown. He has had MONSTER numbers this year
Sometimes there’s no easy answer to this question and I feel like that’s the case here. You can’t simply go by stats alone. Stats can be skewed by quality of competition and quality of teammates. You can’t punish a kid because he plays on a team w/ a lot of options. Likewise, you can’t punish a great player just because he plays on a team w/ lesser talent. There’s the conundrum.

Both Hayden (PCAN) and Braydon (Baytown) had spectacular seasons. Braydon is the better runner. Hayden is the better passer. Braydon was the primary focus of his offense. Everything ran through Hayden but he had more weapons. To me it comes down to this:

Hayden put up more points against tougher competition, won a lot more games and played flawlessly in their head to head. Thats the tiebreaker for me.

Both are outstanding players. Both are deserving of top honors, but if had to choose, Hayden would get the nod.

Spread back I think is Braydon (Baytown) Quarterback is Marc (St Joes) receiver Tucker (Prestonwood)
You can't vote for your own son! Just kidding. That would be a solid pick. Why don't you south guys post your stats on MaxPreps? We've seen the film, but I wanna see final numbers too. I don't get a vote. I'm just a dad, but I wish I could see what everyone else is doing.

Back