Thoughts ON TAPPS PLAYOFFS

As much as I hate to say it I agree with these picks. I think Marble Falls may be the best private school team period and would take down a whole lot of public schools. Marble Falls and Live Oak in the finals. FWCC maybe the second best.
Was I wrong or what. How embarrassing. So Live Oak IS the best 6 man football team in Texas.

Was I wrong or what. How embarrassing. So Live Oak IS the best 6 man football team in Texas.
It was a very good game between a couple of talented teams. Those missed PATs really hurt Faith. I officiated a Live Oak scrimmage and one of their district games and knew they'd be tough to beat, but was surprised that Faith was just as talented.

Covenant hits a 30(?) yard FG with :33 left to take a 68-66 lead. Bracken hits a pass down the sideline to Covenant 26 with :08 left. Covenant picks off the final play. Amazing game.

The FWCC/Bracken game was in instant classic. Back and forth, great plays on offense and defense for both sides, players cramping left and right, fighting through it and making a spectacular play, cramping again, and coming back again. Bracken overcomes a 10 point deficit to take the lead with about 1:30 to go, Covenant drives to the 10, takes a sack and then kicks a 40 yd FG to take the lead. Bracken get the ball back and after a short gain on 1st down with 0 TOL showing on the board, call a timeout and gets it! Two plays later with :08 left they throw to the end zone only to have it picked off to seal the win for FWCC. Truly a great game and what six-man football is all about. If you can get a replay from TAPPS, I highly recommend it.

Back