• Fredricksburg Htg (1-3) opp (13-3) 129.30

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • SA Town East (4-0) opp (3-11) 125.15

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seguinlifegate

11-man fan
i know its early but this stuff is fun for me..

I tried to put it in the best perspective i could..

I didn't have room to put in the UIL D1 teams they played and stuff but if you want to look it up, its pretty easy to pull up thir schedules...

surprise surprise... make sure you look up the playoff bracket and stuff like that if you want to vote more accurately... see who has the tougher rides and stuff.... just more suggestions...

Well my office pool bracket is done..

D5 3rd Fredericksburg Heritage 26
D2 RU Duncanville Christway 41

BYE CTK

D5-RU SA TownEast 56
D4-RU Alvin Living stones 33

D2-4th Waco parkview 12
D-3 1st Arlington Fellowship 57

D3-RU Brownwood Victory Life 60
D1-RU El Paso Jesus Chapel 12

D4-3rd Houston Texas Christian 12
D2-1st Dallas Tyler Street 68

D2-3rd Balch Springs 6
D4-1st Brenham 60

D3-3rd WF Notre Dame 7
D5-1st Seguin Lifegate 57

ROUND 2

Christway 73 vs. CTK 42
SA TownEast 36 vs. Arlington Fellowship 33

Brownwood Victory Life 18 vs. Dallas Tyler Street 61
Brenham Christian 51 vs. Seguin Lifegate 46

ROUND 3

Duncanville Christway 42 vs SA TownEast 30
Brenham 63 vs Dallas Tyler Street 65

STATE TITLE GAME
Dallas Tyler Street 45
Duncanville Christway 27

While I like Brenham at this point, I think it's very interesting how Freddy is the only team that has faced opponents with a combined winning record. 13-3 is a pretty good winning percentage. And consider who they've faced- Milford #12 DI UIL, FEAST #1 TCAL, Marble Falls #14 DI (Freddy's only win thus far), Tomball #3 DI, and still to come Bulverde #4 DI, Austin Hill Country #7 DI. Now that's a TOUGH non-district schedule! Then they've got #3 Seguin and #7 Town East in district play. That has got to be the most challenging schedule in TAPPS in quite some time. If they survive the season without serious injury, they will certainly be tested come playoff time.

From my observations of Brenham, they seem more physical than last year and they fly all over the field. They hit hard and love to gang tackle. They will pound most teams into submission. I do think they have lost of bit of discipline and composure from last season. Will this be their weak point come playoff time?

I have yet to see Duncanville or Tyler Street since the State Game last year. Can anyone shed some light on how they look this season?

i take Brenahm also and i pick them to beat Duncanville. at this piont i just dont see what yall do in Dallas Tyler Street. they can impress me this week though but i dont kno if they can

I also agree that NO one has near the schedule that Fredericksburg has in this division. for all we know they could just be bidding their time and come out and win it all

TE-Pryde...

I've seen the following game tape.
Annapolis-TE
Living Stones-Bryan Chr.
Dallas Tyler Street
Brenham-Kerrville OLH
Lifegate-CASA

But this topic ASKS a question and I answered it best to MY OWN OPINION....
Sorry if I offended you by not placing TE in the state game.

Your Offense (TownEast).. I've seen the tape
TE spread offense is mostly run (your son).
The J-Bird set you give the ball to your BIG lead (up) back going straight forward... He is massive.

I've done my home work....
Honestly I think Brenham is the best team, but they do play more UN-disciplined this year than last. That may hurt them vs. Dallas Tyler Street and their athletes

so much for needing game film on town east.... lol i always loved the kids in school that would do my homework for me... jk jk we all know that there is more to your team than two players coach..

Guys ... since we've all worked hard so far, let's just go play the rest of the season and see what happens, just for fun ...

And I still say I ain't countin' Freddy out of anything until they are dead and deep in the cold, cold ground. In fact, I wanna be there and be sure the coffin on that dynasty is nailed shut and I've tossed some dirt into the hole. 'Cause I figured they weren't gonna win it last year and I was wrong.

Or mistaken.

Wonderdog- I was not offended at all by what you had posted. I was just wondering who you had seen. I hope I did not come across that way, if so, I apologize.

Hey guys , new to this site ,but have been following it a while.I see alot of predictions made based on past performances (ie.freddy)and current schedules. I think a better formula (game film being the best)would be to know what talents these players for D'ville,T St,Brenham ect have to make predictions on future outcomes. I will tell you part of what we (seguin) have and why I believe if we can win the mental game and "be perfect" we should go far. First, a 180 lb. mlb. 4.7 40 that played 4- A ball last year .2 . a 6'4'' 180 lb. 4.5 40 senior that also has great hands and moves.3 a 175 lb Jr. rb 4.6 40 that has a good arm and mental toughness 4. a freshman with 4.6 speed or better that is second on the team leading tackles.Our weakness is ourselves ..(tradition ie,lack there of)) So what ,in real terms, do these top 4 teams have for talent ? Give me good players and I'll make a good tradition

Is that a college team you just described? :lol:
At my age if i had a penny for every player i coached or someone stated ran a 4.4 and weighed 220 at 6'4" i would of retired long ago... :lol:

Is that a college team you just described?
At my age if i had a penny for every player i coached or someone stated ran a 4.4 and weighed 220 at 6'4" i would of retired long ago...

Your a 100% right coach. Seen (and heard)alot of smoke and mirrors myself. But I got the clock in my hand ( and we'll prove it God willing, in track relay team this year). Point is , tell me about your players to make you case for a state title contender. Better yet, send me your game film lol !!

robt78155,

I guess i did call myself coach, well thats in the past I should of said retired(old) coach, old habits are hard to break :wink:

I am very impressed by your players (havent seen you all yet), but the skills you list i have to agree with you are very impressive and that combination will be hard to beat.
I dont have a dog in this hunt, but love 6man and love to follow on here.
I wish you the best of luck this year and i agree with you film is where u can see a lot, but in the end the field is where all is proven.

Good luck to y'all.

[Well guys I think Brenham Christian is gonna get deep in the playoffs, but I think you are all right about the undisciplined play possibly hurting them, especially against Dallas Tyler Street - that game was close last year and they were playing better. The big thing Brenham has is they have basically the same team since junior hi - and they have been undefeated in Jr Hi and also in High School - they are very hungry to get to State and they work together well. There are no freshmen on the team this year and only 2 seniors and they have many many guys capable of scoring (often).

Back