Rankings

Rdavis

Six-man fan
Granger, for some reason your rankings don't seem to add up. Christway wins the championship on the field and you still have them ranked 3rd? And Town East is the 11th best team in Div II? C'mon.

Hmmmm..

Tyler Street beat Christway so they are ranked lower than Christway. Brenham beat Seguin so they are ranked higher (makes sense). And Christway beat Brenham so they are ranked below both Brenham and Seguin. Not sure about that one.

Maybe in a repeat game Brenham beats Christway and Seguin would beat them as well. But today, Christway is the state champ, no matter what their ranking is.

Rankings are water cooler conversation starters but the game is played on the field and in the end, the team who played best on game day wins. Even a team that is an underdog by 45 points has a chance every now and then.

Granger, I think you do a great job.

I knew this would come up when I saw it...

1. All props to Christway, they earned the Championship and deserve it. Great win.
2. This is a mess because Brenham beats Lifegate and Christway beats Brenham. But we have the messy situation of Christway losing by over 30 to Tyler Street and struggling with Town East.

as for Town East, I am not sure why they keep dropping, but it may have something to do with losing 4 of their last 5 games.

granger":2eo7ebhf said:

1. All props to Christway, they earned the Championship and deserve it. Great win.
2. This is a mess because Brenham beats Lifegate and Christway beats Brenham. But we have the messy situation of Christway losing by over 30 to Tyler Street and struggling with Town East.

as for Town East, I am not sure why they keep dropping, but it may have something to do with losing 4 of their last 5 games.

Granger ... you got my check, right?

So that explains it, guys.

Except that Christway has the hardware in the trophy case. I'll make a deal with the Christway folks. We'll trade the #2 ranking for the trophy.

(chirp, chirp) ... Guess no deal, huh?

WILL SEND YOU A PICTURE LOL!!
lifegatesports":qiwkwvgh said:
granger":qiwkwvgh said:

Granger ... you got my check, right?

So that explains it, guys.

Except that Christway has the hardware in the trophy case. I'll make a deal with the Christway folks. We'll trade the #2 ranking for the trophy.

(chirp, chirp) ... Guess no deal, huh?

bigred507":2skyznvy said:
WILL SEND YOU A PICTURE LOL!!

Thanks, but the deal is trade the trophy for the #2 ranking. I figure Brenham is too embarrassed to make the deal for the #1 spot, so this may be the best you can get.

No gold ball, no deal.

Have you looked at the ranking on lscsn.
#3 dallas tyler
#4 Brenham
#5 Duncanville
#10 ????
This has to many IF or ???
WOW no love here.

bigred507":2qvdtuip said:
Have you looked at the ranking on lscsn.
#3 dallas tyler
#4 Brenham
#5 Duncanville
#10 ????
This has to many IF or ???
WOW no love here.

Guess that beating Tyler Street by 50 points wasn't enough for BCA to get past them in the rankings. :shock:

Although I won't defend them as 100% correct (nothing is), you have to at least respect these make sense.

1 Brenham Christian
2 Seguin Lifegate
3 Duncanville Christway
4 Dallas Tyler Street

Brenham defeated Lifegate by 17 and Tyler Street by 50 but lost to Christway by 4
Christway lost to Tyler Street by 32 and beat Brenham by 4
Christway also struggled with Town East (winning by only 25) and Fannindel (winning by 6)

There is an understandable method to the madness.

I mean no harm. Yes, the rankings make sense mathematically.

Fannindel was no slouch team. And the Town East Battle was a bit misleading - looked like a mercy rule game for the 1st half and then Christway took their foot off the gas. But those are excuses and they don't figure in.

Pretty amazing to have that many one loss teams for the year.

Most of my six man memories are still with St. Alban's, as both my sons played there. The Fannindel game reminded me of a game St. Alban's played against Abilene Cooper in Abilene back in 2002. Total back and forth game that ended 88-82 or somewhere near that. Great game and neither team deserved to lose. Also similar to that battle where St. Alban's ended Freddy's 34 game winning streak. That was the Fannindel game this year.

As I said before, you do a great job. It was just a strange year. The bumblebee shouldn't fly. So it goes.

in doing that research, it WAS interesting to have so many one-loss teams, especially with their one loss being solely to private schools too...

old dad- i beg to differ with you, CWA did not take the foot off the gas pedal as you put it against Town East. Town East came out in the second half and played a great second half. CWA kept their starters in and kept running #3 again and again. If you remember, we stopped him on 4 straight runs inside our 5 yard line among other plays. I will give your team all the props they deserve, but don't come on here and say you guys took it easy on us because you didn't. Town East "popped your guys in the mouth" as your coach said. Town East dug too deep of a whole in the first half and could not make a comeback all the way, but they showed heart by not giving up and they did come back and make a game of it.

granger":6ad0gr1m said:
in doing that research, it WAS interesting to have so many one-loss teams, especially with their one loss being solely to private schools too...
IN your research was there a two- lost team that won the big game?

I could be mistaken but I believe that GCS had a 4 loss season and won the state championship. If I remember correctly they came in 3rd in district, then changed their gameplan and swept through the playoffs to win the championship. Help me out HIS TEAM!

Yes, that was my point. There have been teams like GCS with losses that win the championship and their only losses were to public schools...

tepryde":3v334816 said:
old dad- i beg to differ with you, CWA did not take the foot off the gas pedal as you put it against Town East. Town East came out in the second half and played a great second half. CWA kept their starters in and kept running #3 again and again. If you remember, we stopped him on 4 straight runs inside our 5 yard line among other plays. I will give your team all the props they deserve, but don't come on here and say you guys took it easy on us because you didn't. Town East "popped your guys in the mouth" as your coach said. Town East dug too deep of a whole in the first half and could not make a comeback all the way, but they showed heart by not giving up and they did come back and make a game of it.

My apologies. I was speaking of the emotion of the CWA team - they seemed to let down after the half, in my one-sided view. But that was my view. I remember Burns being stuffed near the goal line and wondered what happened to the blocking that had been working so well before. I remember the points getting closer as Town East scored and calculating how many times TE had to score and thinking that Christway better step it up and get back in sync. I was concerned that Christway did not close it down and did not appreciate the way that Town East was fighting back. My view was quite prejudiced, however, and I thank you for pointing that out.

I am just a fan of the team. I did not intend to insult Town East in my posting and again apologize.

Back