Site Update Status

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
Since I'm still being asked about these things, I just wanted to take a minute to share some updates about where we are with different things on the site.

The win/loss records on the rankings page(s) are still messed up. I still haven't been able to pinpoint what the exact problem is here, but it is something I'm looking into getting fixed ASAP.

Also, for the weekly pick 'em, there are still a few things I need to iron out to make that work the way I'd like. The primary issue I'm having is being able to re-calculate point totals for games that are cancelled after the week has been started as well as how to calculate point totals for different divisions separately from one another. Because last year we only did playoff games, and the fact that I only did UIL schools, we didn't have those kinds of things to worry about.

Please note that, while these are my main priorities, I do have a tendency to take a break from these kinds of issues from time to time to clear my head a bit, which is why you may notice that I'm doing updates to other things in the meantime. Staring at the same issue for hours on end, with no solution, just seems to make it worse and a lot of times taking a break to look at something else will trigger a solution in my mind. So, I apologize for the delays here but these things will be fixed ASAP.

Since I'm still being asked about these things, I just wanted to take a minute to share some updates about where we are with different things on the site.

The win/loss records on the rankings page(s) are still messed up. I still haven't been able to pinpoint what the exact problem is here, but it is something I'm looking into getting fixed ASAP.

Also, for the weekly pick 'em, there are still a few things I need to iron out to make that work the way I'd like. The primary issue I'm having is being able to re-calculate point totals for games that are cancelled after the week has been started as well as how to calculate point totals for different divisions separately from one another. Because last year we only did playoff games, and the fact that I only did UIL schools, we didn't have those kinds of things to worry about.

Please note that, while these are my main priorities, I do have a tendency to take a break from these kinds of issues from time to time to clear my head a bit, which is why you may notice that I'm doing updates to other things in the meantime. Staring at the same issue for hours on end, with no solution, just seems to make it worse and a lot of times taking a break to look at something else will trigger a solution in my mind. So, I apologize for the delays here but these things will be fixed ASAP.
Thank you for all you do and for making this site a great source for six man football! I cannot begin to fathom the amount of hours you pour into this.

Back