Future Changes (Suggestions Welcome) 2023-24 Edition

Does the weekly pick em' show the percentage of votes for each game? If not, maybe adding that and having the private school games included as well.

I also noticed on the site that the state championships listed are only for UIL. Adding all private schools would be nice recognition as well.

A pre & post season all-state team for the site would be cool too. Coaches nominate players and you have a selection committee.

Does the weekly pick em' show the percentage of votes for each game? If not, maybe adding that and having the private school games included as well.

It doesn't show the percentage as a number, but the little bars next to the picks are accurate. So, like on the Gordon/Abbott game, you can tell that just over 50% are picking Abbott. I may add some lines in there at each quarter, but I'm not sure where'd I'd put an actual percentage number without removing the average spread number.

Adding the private schools into the pick 'em is priority #1 heading into this off-season. It will be done before next year, I assure you.

I also noticed on the site that the state championships listed are only for UIL. Adding all private schools would be nice recognition as well.

Yes, I've been wanting to add those since year one and just haven't gotten around to it yet. Admittedly, though, updating that page is a fairly low priority of mine compared to the other things I'm still wanting to add/change here on the site.

A pre & post season all-state team for the site would be cool too. Coaches nominate players and you have a selection committee.

Love this idea! The problem I see, though, is getting coaches to nominate their players. As I've mentioned before, less than half the teams in the state have a coach associated with the team here on the site. Of those, some could be coaches who aren't there anymore and just haven't notified me. As for the rest, it could be that those coaches simply haven't let me know they have an account here or they just don't frequent the site at all. Either way, half the players in the state would be automatically left out. I'll ponder on this one and see what I can come up with, though. Again, love the idea!

With the difficulty of gathering that information, I personally wouldn’t devote lots of time to it at this point. You keep making improvements every year and over time, hopefully, more and more people will come here for any and everything 6man. then maybe it will be easier to gather information like that as the site grows and hopefully more and more coaches turn to it. We all appreciate your work and love this site!
Spot on! Please don’t burn yourself out trying to do too much. My wife would tell you that my schools football season, and 6man.com, are certainly my hobby from July 31st to December 23. 😂
As for you seeking feedback and suggestion's, thank you for that. Any of the suggestions mentioned will certainly make my hobby just that much better! 😁

Have a new rank system for the teams who are only in the playoffs !!!!

If you would have read my entire first post, you would have realized that one was already included.

Spot on! Please don’t burn yourself out trying to do too much. My wife would tell you that my schools football season, and 6man.com, are certainly my hobby from July 31st to December 23. 😂
As for you seeking feedback and suggestion's, thank you for that. Any of the suggestions mentioned will certainly make my hobby just that much better! 😁

I don't think there's any chance I get burned out any time soon. Heck, I just started! That said, if I am going to add something like that, I'd just add it, advertise it, and hope it gets some use. If it didn't, I don't think I'd spend much time trying to track down everyone's stats. I have a tough enough time trying to track down schedule changes and scores each week. I sure don't need something else to have to hound coaches about. I don't like bothering them for schedules/scores as it is.

Unless it's here and I've just missed it, how about a section/page showing information about the toy - what its accuracy is, what teams does it get right most of the time, what teams give it fits, etc., overall accuracy, etc. (Stats nerd here)

Unless it's here and I've just missed it, how about a section/page showing information about the toy - what its accuracy is, what teams does it get right most of the time, what teams give it fits, etc., overall accuracy, etc. (Stats nerd here)

I can probably code something in that saves all that data for public display. Right now it's just shown to me each week when I run the rankings.

If you would have read my entire first post, you would have realized that one was already included.

I don't think there's any chance I get burned out any time soon. Heck, I just started! That said, if I am going to add something like that, I'd just add it, advertise it, and hope it gets some use. If it didn't, I don't think I'd spend much time trying to track down everyone's stats. I have a tough enough time trying to track down schedule changes and scores each week. I sure don't need something else to have to hound coaches about. I don't like bothering them for schedules/scores as it is.
I was just agreeing with that one only . I think everything else is great !!! Keep up the good work !!!

Would you have the capability to put each team's page a high/low chart based on ranking showing week to week increase or decrease? I'd be interested to see something like that knowing win/loss, opponent, and strength of schedule influences the chart.

I'd love to see a spot where you can confirm if your team has a JV or a JV scheduler to make it easier for schools that have one to find games if needed.

Thanks for the suggestion. This might be something I can consider after a few changes I'm making to the team/database structure this weekend. I'll have to look into it a little closer to know for sure. However, it is worth noting that even if I do add that for scheduling purposes, it's not likely I'll include any of those games on the score pages or the rankings. The reason for that is simply because if I started tracking any of those JV vs JV games, I'd need to track them all for the data to be more accurate and I have a tough enough time tracking down all the varsity scores each week, to the point where I don't think we'd ever get all the JV vs JV scores entered in any week.

Again, let me get these updates done this weekend and I'll circle back to this one to let you know if it's something that can be done easily or if it's something that will require a significant amount of time to implement.

Stats, team and individual. It's fun to keep up with. Also do Stats for regular season and then add stats for the playoff teams separately before combining them for a fair comparison.

Stats, team and individual. It's fun to keep up with. Also do Stats for regular season and then add stats for the playoff teams separately before combining them for a fair comparison.

This is definitely something I'm considering adding. I'll be honest, though, it's lower on the priority list just because it'll take a lot of time to implement and I'm not sure how much it'll be used. If I do get time for it, it could be something that makes an appearance at some point during the season, but not likely something that'll happen before the season starts.

I would like to see a stat on the team pages that list the average ranking and record of a teams opponents. This may have already been suggested, if so I apologize.

I would like to see a stat on the team pages that list the average ranking and record of a teams opponents. This may have already been suggested, if so I apologize.
This somewhat exists. You can see the average opponent rating, but not the records of the opponents. That page is only active during the season, but when the season starts, if you'll look in the ranking block you'll see a link to "Why?" that will give you a bunch of info that probably actually won't fully explain why a team is ranked where they are...but is fun to look at. :ROFLMAO:

Back