Notice of Probable Site Outages

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
Last week I received an email from one of the service providers that I use to handle parts of the site load that they'll be discontinuing the service that I use. What this means is that I'll have to take the site off of this service and start serving from another provider. Obviously this isn't something I want to do mid-season but the service will halt before the end of the season so I'd rather do it sooner than later. When I do make the switch, parts of the site could (and probably will) appear to be not working for some time. There's no way to know exactly how long this will affect different users because a lot of it will depend on your device cache, and your ISP's DNS cache. It will be different for everyone.

I know none of this means much to y'all but the point is that the site may appear broken for a bit once I start the change.

I'll start the switch late Sunday night so that, hopefully, things will be operating smoothly again by Monday. If there are issues that pop up I'll post those in this thread to keep everyone up to date on what's happening.

So I've noticed a few issues with the site this morning, from this change. I'm working to get them all resolved today. If you notice any parts of the site that look off, or won't load, it is probably because of this change and should be fixed shortly.

If you're still noticing issues by tomorrow, that weren't there before today, please let me know so I can work on getting it fixed as soon as possible.

Just as an FYI, the server change has caused issues with my email. This isn't something I anticipated and it might take me a bit to get it fixed. If you've sent me an email within the last 24 hours, and I didn't reply, it might be because I didn't receive the email. Please try just sending me a message here on the site instead.

I'll post here again once the issue is solved.

It looks like things are back on track this morning. The site seems to be working smoothly again, and my email is now working as expected.

Again, if y'all notice any issues, especially ones that weren't there before this change, please let me know so I can get them fixed as quickly as possible.

Back