Rankings

bigred507":11f58av4 said:
Have you looked at the ranking on lscsn.
#3 dallas tyler
#4 Brenham
#5 Duncanville
#10 Seguin Lifegate
This has to many IF or ???
WOW no love here.

Remember, LSCSN rankings are for all levels of 6 man (DI, DII, other leagues).

Not sure how Jason comes up with his rankings, but my guess is that they're subjective. I'd argue on why Brenham is behind a team they beat by 50 ...

Granger's rankings are more mathematical based.

And hey, we HAVE a playoff system here and we can still get a BCS result ...

Christway did it on the field. The rest of us can argue on what shoulda happened on paper.

Granger- when you give a team a super high preseason rank and they lose they should drop. Also, when you give a team a super low preseason rank and they win, they should move up. This is not always the case. This same team that is ranked low in the preseason could go undefeated and win state and still not be your #1 ranked team, how can this be? How do you arbitrarily pick your preseason rankings and assign a rating to them? Why does it not fix itself in the playoffs all the time? The kids enjoy the web site, but this one is hard to explain to them. Enquiring minds want to know.

Rankings are fun to talk about, So Granger, don't stop doing them. In fact they were probably better this year than in the past.

It is almost impossible to get preseason rankings correct for Private school. (especially for sixman)

Whoever wins the championship doesn't have to be the best team in the state, only the best (and maybe luckiest) at the right time.

Should Christway be ranked #1 just because they won State? I don't think so, but that doesn't change the fact that they are champions.

As said earlier, two or three years ago, Greenville was the third best team their district but they won State. Should that have made them #1 --- NO. They were still the third best team in their district - but they were Champions all the same.

Tims- I totally agree with you on that. But who's to say who has the harder strength of schedule so early in the year. Nobody really knows who is the best team UNTIL they have played a few games. Then, I believe you can accurately determine SOS, and get an accurate ranking.

Sports-I totally DISagree with you on this one. The #1 ranked team should be the team that wins it on the field. Thats why there is a playoff, to settle it on the field. It doesn't matter as much what you do in Aug-Oct, it should only matter who is still standing come Nov-Dec. To me, you can start the season 0-4 and as long as you win your last game, you should be #1. Then, on the flip-side, you can start the season 12-0 and if you don't win your last game you should not be #1. Records shouldn't determine who #1 is. It's how you FINISH your season that should count.

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Rankings are only a point of reference. The playoffs settle it. The BCS should take note. There will always be contention in Division I NCAA Football until there is a playoff system... teams like TCU, Cinncinati and Boise State need a change to boost themselves up or shut them up... a playoff system does that... anything else is just pure speculation...

allforHim - don't know where His Team is, but the 2007 GCS team did have 4 losses that year. They were 45'd by Calvert, played close to Trinidad, then got 45'd by both Rockwall Heritage & Denton Calvary in district. The difference for us(I had a jr & sr on this team) was we came back and beat Rockwall by 18 in the semi final and beat Denton by 48 in the championship, so it did help the ranking system that we actually beat teams that had beaten us. All that being said, Take the trophy over the rankings!

allforhim":2dqrobbj said:
I could be mistaken but I believe that GCS had a 4 loss season and won the state championship. If I remember correctly they came in 3rd in district, then changed their gameplan and swept through the playoffs to win the championship. Help me out HIS TEAM!

You are correct (BTW - I normally do not read the and respond to DIV 2 stuff).
Close lost to Trinidad
45'd by Calvert (last year to play them), Denton Calvary, and Rockwall Heritage.

I was in Nigeria at the time and do not know much about what happened to change the team to allow them to sweep the playoffs.

Back