Heads Up on Strawn-Gordon

51eleven

Six-man expert
It seems at some point this game has been changed from Friday at 7:30 to Saturday at 7:00. Or the original schedule from before the start of the season I found on the Strawn FB facebook page was wrong. I just went back and found it. It still says 7:30 on Friday. But the spreads page and both they're schedules on here show 7:00 Saturday. In addition to the short article I'll link below.
The article seems misleading to me. This is not the 100th meeting between them though the way it's worded kind of implies that I thought. 1923 was the first game, which Strawn won, as it says 52-13 in 11 man. They won 82-0 in 1924. Just randomly from lonestarfootball.net, for example, they did not play in 1941,42,43 or 1950. I didn't dig any deeper. LSF says SHS leads the series 37/32/3 through 2020. So that would be 38/33/3 now or 74 games. Saturday should be the 75th meeting.
I know the spread and the current rankings. Here's to a good, clean, injury free game. Best of luck to both teams.

It seems at some point this game has been changed from Friday at 7:30 to Saturday at 7:00. Or the original schedule from before the start of the season I found on the Strawn FB facebook page was wrong. I just went back and found it. It still says 7:30 on Friday. But the spreads page and both they're schedules on here show 7:00 Saturday. In addition to the short article I'll link below.
The article seems misleading to me. This is not the 100th meeting between them though the way it's worded kind of implies that I thought. 1923 was the first game, which Strawn won, as it says 52-13 in 11 man. They won 82-0 in 1924. Just randomly from lonestarfootball.net, for example, they did not play in 1941,42,43 or 1950. I didn't dig any deeper. LSF says SHS leads the series 37/32/3 through 2020. So that would be 38/33/3 now or 74 games. Saturday should be the 75th meeting.
I know the spread and the current rankings. Here's to a good, clean, injury free game. Best of luck to both teams.

Just checking your win/loss totals. Strawn beat Gordon twice in 2021. I believe the series breakdown win total looks like Strawn 39/ Gordon 33/ 3 ties. The Lone Star Football Network: http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=44&B=40&REC=37-32-3&S=

Game is Saturday night @7. It is the 100 year anniversary of the 1st game played between the two schools.

Notice. No one should believe a word Eddie G says. He's a traitor. After the fine education he received at Strawn, and learning life lessons from Coach Campbell while he was there (and going to a state semi), he went to teach, at Gordon! Kind of like what that Hodgkins gird did, she married a Gordon fella.

Notice. No one should believe a word Eddie G says. He's a traitor. After the fine education he received at Strawn, and learning life lessons from Coach Campbell while he was there (and going to a state semi), he went to teach, at Gordon! Kind of like what that Hodgkins gird did, she married a Gordon fella.
Hold grudges much?

Hold grudges much?
Nah. he played with my brother in law. Yankin his chain. Just kiddin and he knows it. Wondering if he's still stealing money from the fine people people of Strawn at the gate. Maybe I'll find out Saturday night if I can handle the heat.

This game is what hooked me in to sixman football. After marrying a gal from Strawn in the metromess, who was surprised I knew where it was (from trips through it home from Possum Kingdom), we came to visit her brother near Halloween in the early mid 90's. Let's go to the game.

Wow. Fast, more exciting than 11 man, basketball in pads, with hitting encouraged. I came back for more. Seeing a few other sixman games the crowds at the S-G games blew me away. Packed, either place. Sometimes for the district championship, last district game of the year, before the first day of deer hunting season, lots of camo in the crowd.

The Superbowl of Sixman in the Fort Woth Star Telegram, when they covered HS FB. We moved to Strawn in 2001, on to Stephenville in 2009. Were part of 03 & 08 (every game!), before and after, been to all six SC games. Sixman is the Bomb! Be there or be square.

This game is what hooked me in to sixman football. After marrying a gal from Strawn in the metromess, who was surprised I knew where it was (from trips through it home from Possum Kingdom), we came to visit her brother near Halloween in the early mid 90's. Let's go to the game.

Wow. Fast, more exciting than 11 man, basketball in pads, with hitting encouraged. I came back for more. Seeing a few other sixman games the crowds at the S-G games blew me away. Packed, either place. Sometimes for the district championship, last district game of the year, before the first day of deer hunting season, lots of camo in the crowd.

The Superbowl of Sixman in the Fort Woth Star Telegram, when they covered HS FB. We moved to Strawn in 2001, on to Stephenville in 2009. Were part of 03 & 08 (every game!), before and after, been to all six SC games. Sixman is the Bomb! Be there or be square.
To clarify, since the edit time limit has expired. Every game in 08', many before and after.

I didn't see this game listed on the weekly broadcasts page. So, for any SHS/GHS exes or others interested that can't make it the Microplex News site shows they will be streaming it. For tonight, I know the game of the week for most I guess is Westbrook - Rankin, given the 1 - 2 rankings. But I may start with listening to the May - Knox City game. Maybe a little switching back and forth. Or if one goes south and the other close stick with the latter.

I didn't see this game listed on the weekly broadcasts page. So, for any SHS/GHS exes or others interested that can't make it the Microplex News site shows they will be streaming it. For tonight, I know the game of the week for most I guess is Westbrook - Rankin, given the 1 - 2 rankings. But I may start with listening to the May - Knox City game. Maybe a little switching back and forth. Or if one goes south and the other close stick with the latter.

Do you know if there will be a video broadcast here too? I added it to the page as audio but I'll change it if someone will confirm it'll include video too.

Do you know if there will be a video broadcast here too? I added it to the page as audio but I'll change it if someone will confirm it'll include video too.
Yes. At least according to what it says on the site, they are streaming all the regular season games this year, I've watched the first two games using it. Julie did mention at the end of last weeks game she has had problems with the picture in the past filming through the glass in the Gordon press box. If she films from there you might see me in the stands across the field, I'll be wearing a Strawn cap and shirt, both given to me by Coach Lee. In both cases he said I needed a new one. At least 10-12 years ago in Sidney after a game, my old Strawn cap was a bit sweat stained, he gave me the one he was wearing. Then last year I wore a slightly worn 2003 playoff's t-shirt to a scrimmage.

Yes. At least according to what it says on the site, they are streaming all the regular season games this year, I've watched the first two games using it. Julie did mention at the end of last weeks game she has had problems with the picture in the past filming through the glass in the Gordon press box. If she films from there you might see me in the stands across the field, I'll be wearing a Strawn cap and shirt, both given to me by Coach Lee. In both cases he said I needed a new one. At least 10-12 years ago in Sidney after a game, my old Strawn cap was a bit sweat stained, he gave me the one he was wearing. Then last year I wore a slightly worn 2003 playoff's t-shirt to a scrimmage.

I plan on being there tomorrow night. Come say hi. I'll be in a bright white t-shirt with the site logo on it.

I plan on being there tomorrow night. Come say hi. I'll be in a bright white t-shirt with the site logo on it.
I hope to be there by about 6:30 near the concession stand for a Longhorn burger if they still sell them, it's been 4-5 years since I've been to the game in Gordon, but they are/were yummy. I'll be on the Strawn side in time for a good seat, I hope. My shirt and cap are black and red, a little white on the cap. It would be nice to meet you.

I'm about to head north! Just a reminder for anyone interested.

Congratulations to the Longhorns. Go Win State. I was most impressed by the defense. The Hounds did slow the offense down enough and didn't give up to make it to the third quarter, they never quit. They were beat by a very good team but still have the potential to have a winning season, maybe make the playoff's, jmho.

Back