Strawn, Gordon, Abbott, Throck - Alumni/Coach Observation

CowboyP":3bokzvj7 said:
Mexican Englishman":3bokzvj7 said:
I will agree with you Uncle Si the only reason Hinkson has been somewhat successful at Aquilla is because of his assistant Brian Cooper. You take him away and Aquilla would be 2-8 every year and you can believe that Jack.
I'll agree that Cooper is an outstanding defensive coach. However, he doesn't coach the offense. Hinkson has done an amazing job with that. Aquilla has done well because of the entire coaching staff.
That is Aquilla's problem Hinkson is coaching. What other school passes on the head coach as athletic director and awards it to his assistant. That should say it all.;

Mexican Englishman":4bavbjc1 said:
CowboyP":4bavbjc1 said:
Mexican Englishman":4bavbjc1 said:
I will agree with you Uncle Si the only reason Hinkson has been somewhat successful at Aquilla is because of his assistant Brian Cooper. You take him away and Aquilla would be 2-8 every year and you can believe that Jack.
I'll agree that Cooper is an outstanding defensive coach. However, he doesn't coach the offense. Hinkson has done an amazing job with that. Aquilla has done well because of the entire coaching staff.
That is Aquilla's problem Hinkson is coaching. What other school passes on the head coach as athletic director and awards it to his assistant. That should say it all.;

Ima goin to get the popcorn.. This about to get good.

Mexican Englishman":1kh2i2u4 said:
I guess you could do better dirty Sanchez. I think both of those young men are good coaches. Fact is tho, Hinkson must be doing a pretty good job or they would replace him with the assistant. I don't know about being the best of all time at Aquilla because Im not from there.

You probably hit your growth spurt in the 7th grade and was decent in JH, but never amounted to much in highschool under Coach Hinkson so you are upset.

Mexican Englishman":gtfp5ffv said:
CowboyP":gtfp5ffv said:
Mexican Englishman":gtfp5ffv said:
Have you considered that Kirk might have turned it down?
I would like to know reason for your dislike of him. I offer facts to dispute your argument. In 2007, Aquilla went
2-8. Hinkson took over in 2008. Cooper came to Aquilla in 2010. The records disprove your comments. They also prove that the coaching staff, as a whole, improved Aquilla's record.
2012 5-6
2011 9-2
2010 10-4
2009 6-4
2008 6-4
2007 2-8

RoscoeSparks11":1vmm877k said:
Mexican Englishman":1vmm877k said:
I guess you could do better dirty Sanchez. I think both of those young men are good coaches. Fact is tho, Hinkson must be doing a pretty good job or they would replace him with the assistant. I don't know about being the best of all time at Aquilla because Im not from there.

You probably hit your growth spurt in the 7th grade and was decent in JH, but never amounted to much in highschool under Coach Hinkson so you are upset.
Back when I played Hinkson was still lotion in his dads hand. I have no dog in this hunt just my taxpayer dollars but you can tell when someone is a football coach and when someone is just there to have a job.

Mexican Englishman":1jq413iy said:
RoscoeSparks11":1jq413iy said:
Mexican Englishman":1jq413iy said:

Back when I played Hinkson was still lotion in his dads hand. I have no dog in this hunt just my taxpayer dollars but you can tell when someone is a football coach and when someone is just there to have a job.
I gave FACTS to support my argument. All you have given are opinions. Try again when you have tangible evidence to support you.

CowboyP":3nvahtbo said:
Mexican Englishman":3nvahtbo said:
RoscoeSparks11":3nvahtbo said:
Mexican Englishman":3nvahtbo said:

I gave FACTS to support my argument. All you have given are opinions. Try again when you have tangible evidence to support you.
Who would turn down a jump in pay and something to add to the old resume? All your records prove is that Hinkson didn't make the playoffs until Cooper joined the staff. I have a feeling that the fine taxpayers of Aquilla are tired of coulda, woulda, shoulda, especially after two years of one and out.

Neither "one and out" was due to coaching. I know why you want Hinkson out, and it has nothing to do with his abilities. I'm done with this. Your baseless claims aren't worthy of my time.

CowboyP":3alpl8s9 said:
Neither "one and out" was due to coaching. I know why you want Hinkson out, and it has nothing to do with his abilities. I'm done with this. Your baseless claims aren't worthy of my time.
Please enlighten me why do I want him out? Could it be that hard working people are tired of their dollars being wasted? Some of us are old and tired and want to see results for our money.

All of the Gordon ties are very cool and interesting. My dad coached there in the early 70's. I'm new to coaching sixman, but my dad and I caught a Gordon-Strawn playoff game back when I was in college, and I was always happy to see when Gordon had a good year. Same with Jayton.....since my parents taught there too.

Mexican Englishman":3o9chgd1 said:
CowboyP":3o9chgd1 said:
Please enlighten me why do I want him out? Could it be that hard working people are tired of their dollars being wasted? Some of us are old and tired and want to see results for our money.
Dang! Y'all tax payers don't give a feller long to build a program huh? Two years of 1 and out is just a step from 2nd round, 3rd round and so forth. A lot of teams don't make it to 1 & out. Must be some substance there.
Support your Coach. You've got a good one. He'll get you results. Gotta have the backing tho...

twodollarbill":396ioneh said:
Mexican Englishman":396ioneh said:
CowboyP":396ioneh said:
Dang! Y'all tax payers don't give a feller long to build a program huh? Two years of 1 and out is just a step from 2nd round, 3rd round and so forth. A lot of teams don't make it to 1 & out. Must be some substance there.
Support your Coach. You've got a good one. He'll get you results. Gotta have the backing tho...
Its been five and the backing is getting thin

Cause 36-16 isn't getting results. Lot of schools would be pretty happy with that record. Including 3 playoff appearances in a row and a state semifinal. All that while being in a pretty tough district that includes a perennial powerhouse like Abbott.

Also worth mentioning. Coach Dawson from Strawn and Coach Dawson from Abbott are twin brothers. Not sure where they went to school, but the both coach at one of the topic schools.

hornkeeper12":2cpuge2w said:
Also worth mentioning. Coach Dawson from Strawn and Coach Dawson from Abbott are twin brothers. Not sure where they went to school, but the both coach at one of the topic schools.
At Aquilla we don't settle for second best.

Mexican Englishman":2tjctgg7 said:
CowboyP":2tjctgg7 said:
This post is deplorable. If you don't like the coach or have an ax to grind take care of business locally. Don't diss him in front of his kids and peer's.
I take it your in the minority me. If the people of town were dissatisfied with his teaching and coaching abilities he'd be gone.
I've never met Kirk. But I have met a very few of his relative's and knew 2-3 very slightly. They ALL seem to be fine upstanding people.
I saw him play on a state semi team with Gordon coach Shane Mallory. His brothers son as QB on Strawn's 1'st State Champion team as a JR had the wisdom to clock the ball on 3 rd & 1 with under 10 seconds left to get them there. They are respected as knowledgeable about 6man football in their home town. If 2-8 to the playoff's 2x ain't good enough move to Moran, or Eden, or........
I'll bet he want's more.

51eleven":rtmiinix said:
Mexican Englishman":rtmiinix said:
CowboyP":rtmiinix said:
This post is deplorable. If you don't like the coach or have an ax to grind take care of business locally. Don't diss him in front of his kids and peer's.
I take it your in the minority me. If the people of town were dissatisfied with his teaching and coaching abilities he'd be gone.
I've never met Kirk. But I have met a very few of his relative's and knew 2-3 very slightly. They ALL seem to be fine upstanding people.
I saw him play on a state semi team with Gordon coach Shane Mallory. His brothers son as QB on Strawn's 1'st State Champion team as a JR had the wisdom to clock the ball on 3 rd & 1 with under 10 seconds left to get them there. They are respected as knowledgeable about 6man football in their home town. If 2-8 to the playoff's 2x ain't good enough move to Moran, or Eden, or........
I'll bet he want's more.
Minority? Don't think so. I don't think just getting to the playoffs would cut it for the people of Strawn. The fact is some towns expect a little more than others.

Mexican Englishman":3i778uje said:
hornkeeper12":3i778uje said:
At Aquilla we don't settle for second best.
I don't know about that....................... you do have Doc................

Back