Strawn, Gordon, Abbott, Throck - Alumni/Coach Observation

[/quote]
At Aquilla we don't settle for second best.[/quote]

Lets examine that Statement- Since 2000 Aquilla
1 District Championship (04) knocked out of Playoffs in Regional
6 District Runner ups (00 semifinals, 03regional,05regional and since Hinkson 10semifinals,11bidistrict,12bidistrict)

and now let's go back from 2000 to 1990

only 4 years of .500 or better
no playoffs

So your right, you don't settle for second best, a lot of times its 3rd or 4th or 5th best. You got a good Staff.
(since 1990 Aquilla has had only 7 playoff births) Hinkson has been a part of 3 playoff runs, one of which was a Semifinal run that matches the best Aquilla has done. I'd say he's done a fine job. I'm not taking a stab at Aquilla. I like several people from there, and I think the program is headed in the Right direction. I expect big things from them soon. I'm just letting you know that you have a good coaching staff now. That includes Hinkson. It takes an entire staff to acheive greatness.

I At Aquilla we don't settle for second best.[/quote]

6 District Runner ups (00 semifinals, 03regional,05regional and since Hinkson 10semifinals,11bidistrict,12bidistrict)

no playoffs

So your right, you don't settle for second best, a lot of times its 3rd or 4th or 5th best. You got a good Staff.
(since 1990 Aquilla has had only 7 playoff births) Hinkson has been a part of 3 playoff runs, one of which was a Semifinal run that matches the best Aquilla has done. I'd say he's done a fine job. I'm not taking a stab at Aquilla. I like several people from there, and I think the program is headed in the Right direction. I expect big things from them soon. I'm just letting you know that you have a good coaching staff now. That includes Hinkson. It takes an entire staff to acheive greatness.[/quote]

I apologize. After reading all the facts Hinkson is the greatest coach Aquilla has ever had. Making the playoffs in four team districts is an extreme honor and shouldn't be taken lightly. Old people tend to expect unrealistic things sometimes.I apologize, thank you I guess things aren't as bad as what they seem to me. Oh by the way Roscoe there was some playoff teams in the 90's. I found that some of the records posted on the internet aren't too accurate. Thanks for your help though.

Mexican Englishman":1gpb445g said:
I At Aquilla we don't settle for second best.

no playoffs

(since 1990 Aquilla has had only 7 playoff births) Hinkson has been a part of 3 playoff runs, one of which was a Semifinal run that matches the best Aquilla has done. I'd say he's done a fine job. I'm not taking a stab at Aquilla. I like several people from there, and I think the program is headed in the Right direction. I expect big things from them soon. I'm just letting you know that you have a good coaching staff now. That includes Hinkson. It takes an entire staff to acheive greatness.[/quote]

I apologize. After reading all the facts Hinkson is the greatest coach Aquilla has ever had. Making the playoffs in four team districts is an extreme honor and shouldn't be taken lightly. Old people tend to expect unrealistic things sometimes.I apologize, thank you I guess things aren't as bad as what they seem to me. Oh by the way Roscoe there was some playoff teams in the 90's. I found that some of the records posted on the internet aren't too accurate. Thanks for your help though.[/quote]

Assuming you get your wish and Hinkson is out. You get another HC. How long do you give him to build ANOTHER program? Remember Coaches dont play the game. It's just kids out there. Kids do what kids do. You keep referring to yourself as an "old timer". You have kids? How many times did you have to ask them to carry the trash? Clean thier rooms? Dont backtalk? etc.. And you are the Parent, not just a Coach. I have it on good authority that the kids that play for him realy like him. That HAS to stand for something.

I never said he was the greatest of all time. All I said was he was doing a fine job. And if the coaching staff is not, maybe that assistant coach's defense is giving up too many points. you can think what you want. Ill thaink what I want. And Ill be glad that my kids play in a school where the people get behind their coaches and kids.

Sorry if I made a mistake about the ninety's and didn't include a few playoff runs (probably one and done anyway) But I know you don't settle for second best. Looking at the records, you've never settled for second best. Then again you've never had the chance. (Second best would mean you actually played in a state championship game).

Just so you know, Strawn wouldn't be satisfied with just getting to the playoffs. But in older times, yes it was enough. Before Strawn finally won a championship, playoffs were good enough. That was the difference between what we have and what we had. Actually it was good enough until Gordon won their first. Thats what started the hunt for a coach that could deliver for Strawn. Talent can only take you so far, after that it takes coaching. I doubt seriously talent only can get you past regional maybe to the quarterfinals. In the same token, if you don't have the horses to run the race, the best coachin the world couldn't bring home that championship trophy.

GATA

All the trash talkin you're doin
bout Aquilla...
it's ALL so inane.

Tellin you
"Don't be stupid"
just doesn't seem sufficient.
So,
I gave you an out.

Chris Strain was a great Q-back at Gordon in the early 70's and coached at Robinson through the 80's. Don't know what is up with him now.

Mexican Englishman":2b4fdidy said:
Thanks for the out Mr. Dog,but no more trash talk here. I am hearing nothing but encouraging things here, or that could be my new meds.
I guess your med's are working.

Back