Coaching Carousel

Longhorn85":6u05onvr said:
https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2019/03/05/irion-county-seeks-new-football-coach-lead-hornets-into-six-man/3066988002/

Interesting story about Irion County moving into sixman

It’s a tough process. Feel for Coach Harvey because I know it’s not the most ideal situation for him. Will be interesting going forward.

While I know that is may start some controversy, does anyone know if Jerry Burkhart is looking for a head coaching job? It may be the only way to get his son eligible.

tdog5344":27dlb2hq said:
Coach Keith Defense?? I'm sure you meant OC
Just trying to stir the pot a little to see what would rise to the top. Actually, even though Burkhart loved the defensive side of the game, there was none better on the offensive side. I was always amazed at how he could take over a sputtering offense and make it hit on all cylinders. Letting another coach run the offense just gave him more time to work with the side of the game that he loved a little bit more.

Can someone that is knowledgeable provide a recap of the Coaching moves that have taken place so far in 2019, the remaining schools looking for Football Coaches?

How is that even possible if Super's job is to hire and fire?
Texas school board job is to hire a Super and let him do his job.

How does a superintendent get fired ? That’s the part I don’t understand real well . Employees get fired left and right but a superintendent can keep there job as long as they want by not being honest with the board ? In my opinion I think the head honchos always crawfish at board meetings and just try to Protect themselves. Which in the long run might catch up to them but I don’t know anything bout that

Ok...so Supers have to negotiate whether they do hire/fire exclusively...which I would demand if it was me.
School boards are basically untrained personnel who know nothing about the business of running a school.
So schools who have boards who reject their highly qualified Super's recommendations...should be avoided at all costs.

Even if a teacher is issued a probationary contract and their is no documentation from admin for why this person is not eligible for rehire, and is recommended for rehire by supe, the board cannot " fire" this person.

Three coaching moves took place this week per Pete Christy:

Meadow has decided to make Steven Gray their new AD/HC. Gray was their defensive coordinator the past season.

O’Donnell has hired former New Home head football coach, Fernando Baeza, as their new head football coach.

Valley has hired John Stanaland as their new head football coach. Stanaland is the former head football coach of Nazareth and more recently, Rotan.

Sorry if any of these were posted. I may have overlooked them.

Mexican Englishman":2975nozx said:
Even if a teacher is issued a probationary contract and their is no documentation from admin for why this person is not eligible for rehire, and is recommended for rehire by supe, the board cannot " fire" this person.

I have heard this statement before, but what gives an administrator the right to tell the school board what to do? The Texas Constitution vests that power in the school board, not the superintendent. It would be the equivalent of the city manager not following the will of the city council.

Back