Coaching Carousel

I totally agree with you. Superintendents have totally taken over the school systems and their salaries and benefits are getting out of hand. They are slowly working on trying to get rid of school boards and succeeding.

Mexican Englishman":3cjq390m said:
I totally agree with you. Superintendents have totally taken over the school systems and their salaries and benefits are getting out of hand. They are slowly working on trying to get rid of school boards and succeeding.

We agree 1000%, then! While I am not picking on you at all, I just wonder to myself how can they do this? The State Constitution is very rural and pro-local governments. Basically, who and/or what made the superintendents superior to the school boards?

It seems to me that this situation shows that the superintendent isn't superior to the school board. The sup wanted to renew some great coaches and the school board said no. They have the final say

Why is it that the school board or sup not let some towns know when elections are ? It’s like its kept a secret and the goal is to get famiily or good friends of the staff in there

Mexican Englishman":232prmd2 said:
I agree with you on the salary thing. That rule they have on keeping their pay so much higher than any other employee is a total crock, no matter what the load is. That is just an example of having "The Fox Guarding The Henhouse"!
Most board members are too busy to keep up with everything going on at school, and have to depend on the supt to inform them on many issues. It is pretty easy to be led astray.

Seems not too many years ago, I heard a well-known football coach tell the crowd that if the choice is between doing what the school board wants you to do and winning football games, always choose winning football games. You can always get another job if you're a winner.

And I've also heard (from another source) is that remember, the school board in a small town is elected from folks that weren't smart enough to move to the big city and make it there. :)

“And I’ve also heard.......the school board in a small town is elected from folks who weren’t smart enough to move to the big city and make it there....” . Gosh, I’ve been off the site for a while, when did Hillary Clinton show up?
She will get all us “DEPLORABLES” straightened out in no time!
Just saying..........
(I’m baaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkk!)

And I've also heard that the ones who moved to the city were the ones who weren't smart enough to make a living around home and had to go look for a high paying job, then spent the next 30 years trying to figure out how to get back home.

I had a coach tell me one time that all the people that love you for doing the right thing are not the ones making the decisions and the ones making the decisions are the ones that hate you for doing the right thing.

Well I guess it is clear that Richland Springs is open ... also Zephyr has been filled. Any other new openings or filled positions ?

What about the young head basketball coach at Aquilla. I saw him coach against us and in a tournament and he seemed to have turned that program around. Something like a 13 win turn around and with the same kids. They played hard for him and seemed to enjoy playing for him. Anybody know his story?

So who is going to get the Richland Springs job? Everyone seems to think Burkhart will waltz in and get the job like Napoleon returning from exile. Look that one up guys. Are the interviews ongoing or has the decision already been made? One question for thought, did Richland Springs have an identity before JB. Yes of course.

Well whoever said that the RS job was posted on the Region 15, it isn't anymore. So they either found someone really fast or took the posting off for another reason. (It's also not posted on the school's website either.)

Back