Coaching Carousel 2022-2023

They got plenty of numbers for 11 man. They just got to get them to play. A good coach will get them out. They had 22 at least on their baseball team and their track team is big also
They don’t have consistent numbers for an 11man program.. To me you need at least 35 separate for varsity. 30 separate for a JV team and at least 50 in the middle school program.. they have neither…

That’s the word I got as well, they hired 11man coaches, they plan on moving up to 11man in 2024 which I don’t see them staying 11man long.. they don’t have numbers for 11man (they only had about 13-14 on varsity this season from what I remember counting when we played them and a few were injured. A lot of 6man schools kill their program by forcing 11man, Ovilla did the same thing in 2018 and it lasted one season.. number just aren’t there for 11man right now. But I wish them the best. Hopefully I’m wrong, I’m a fan of Ovilla.
This reads like they are making the choice to go 11 man? Or is it a numbers thing, that they are expecting this? That would be a huge jump in enrollment to go straight from 1AD2 to 11 man.

They got plenty of numbers for 11 man. They just got to get them to play. A good coach will get them out. They had 22 at least on their baseball team and their track team is big also
22 is not enough to play 11 man. Primarily due to the fact that you cant have a JV for your Freshman and some Sophomores. Many of those kids stand on the sideline every Friday night and get pounded as blocking dummies during the week. Many get discouraged and leave football. 22 kids is good for Sixman. It gives you enough for those young players to get playing time on the JV and practice against kids their size.

They don’t have consistent numbers for an 11man program.. To me you need at least 35 separate for varsity. 30 separate for a JV team and at least 50 in the middle school program..
22 is not enough to play 11 man. Primarily due to the fact that you cant have a JV for your Freshman and some Sophomores. Many of those kids stand on the sideline every Friday night and get pounded as blocking dummies during the week. Many get discouraged and leave football. 22 kids is good for Sixman. It gives you enough for those young players to get playing time on the JV and practice against kids their size.
22 in 6 man would be a dream for most but I'm saying if they got 22 in baseball they can get that many or more for football. I also believe they are a growing school. Idc what they play but I know there's enough boys there to play it

How is Blackwell looking them and Loraine had a good game last year

I agree with this!

I played 11 man here in IL. As a soph my team had 18 kids. We couldnt practice without the Varsity. We played in the 4th largest classification (8 classes here of mixed public/private). Just couldnt compete with the true blue bloods, but held our own against others.

We took many a whoopin' from our opponents.

Back