Coaching Carousel 2020

swires":2z7nfi29 said:
McLean is open as of today per Region 16 website.

If that is the case, I would like to restate a comment I made back during football season. He's chasing talent and now that Crockett has graduated, he will go try and find talent elsewhere, rather than develop a "program" as so many have said he is doing at McLean......

GoBucks":19jyuuez said:
swires":19jyuuez said:

If that is the case, I would like to restate a comment I made back during football season. He's chasing talent and now that Crockett has graduated, he will go try and find talent elsewhere, rather than develop a "program" as so many have said he is doing at McLean......

Very few sixman schools have a legit "program" like something you would see in 11-man. Richland, Strawn, Borden County....I apologize if I left anyone off. While it is no one's fault, my point is most sixman coach either talent chases or accept the fact he will experience down years.

TebowTime15":tp8x2zug said:
GoBucks":tp8x2zug said:
swires":tp8x2zug said:

Very few sixman schools have a legit "program" like something you would see in 11-man. Richland, Strawn, Borden County....I apologize if I left anyone off. While it is no one's fault, my point is most sixman coach either talent chases or accept the fact he will experience down years.

Not disagreeing, only stating a rebuttal to all those that said Linman is committed to McLean and building a program. If he was committed to the program, he would accept those down years and try to make them not crippling for the goals set for the program.

GoBucks":zihtcaz7 said:
TebowTime15":zihtcaz7 said:
GoBucks":zihtcaz7 said:
swires":zihtcaz7 said:

Not disagreeing, only stating a rebuttal to all those that said Linman is committed to McLean and building a program. If he was committed to the program, he would accept those down years and try to make them not crippling for the goals set for the program.

That's fair. One thing I have always wondered, and you might be able to answer this for me, does the UIL add extra layers to getting a student eligible when they move to Texas from Oklahoma or another state? That would really hurt the panhandle schools like McLean.

TebowTime15":27q8q0cz said:
GoBucks":27q8q0cz said:
TebowTime15":27q8q0cz said:
GoBucks":27q8q0cz said:
swires":27q8q0cz said:

That's fair. One thing I have always wondered, and you might be able to answer this for me, does the UIL add extra layers to getting a student eligible when they move to Texas from Oklahoma or another state? That would really hurt the panhandle schools like McLean.

I don't know the answer to that question. Maybe Granger might have some insight.

[/quote]That's fair. One thing I have always wondered, and you might be able to answer this for me, does the UIL add extra layers to getting a student eligible when they move to Texas from Oklahoma or another state? That would really hurt the panhandle schools like McLean.[/quote]

Not Granger, but in my personal experience, not really.
When I moved us back into Texas, enrolled him at one of the six man schools here in the Panhandle. No unusual hurdles to jump through, although he did have to sit out that sophomore year, which even a kid not moving from another state is required to do.
Now, one thing to mention that I found weird and something that could be used as a loophole if a dishonest person or persons sought to exploit it: They asked us several times if he had been bullied at the former school. We answered no each time they asked; their explanation was there was/is a provision for those who changed schools due to being bullied.
I'm not one to lie, especially on something like that, so we told the truth, he sat out a year, then played his final two seasons in 6 man and ultimately said he wished I had enrolled him in that school when he was younger cause he loved the atmosphere and loved 6 man football.

Just my two cents.............

GoBucks":1bqqmzuy said:
swires":1bqqmzuy said:

There is more to it than winning and “building programs”. You do realize coaches have families they have to take care of, don’t you? If another school can offer one the ability to better serve their family, should coaches still stay to continue to build a program? Just something that you, and other fans, should think about before you start name-calling and insinuating. Best of luck Coach Linman!

GoBucks":2h6z1zjg said:
swires":2h6z1zjg said:

Coach Linman was hired as AD/HC at Miami

Feel free to post apologies now

What an amazing hire for Miami getting Coach Linman. Wow! No one saw this coming. Or atleast I didnt. Dont see this as talent chasing but it seems like GoBucks is eating crow about now.

Nice to see a coach take on the challenge of rebuilding a school's athletic fortunes. Miami has been down some the last six or seven years and hopefully things will turn around in a year or two. Of course, success on the football field doesn't always mean the educational process is going great guns but certainly gives those small communities a big shot of adrenalin. Look forward to see how Miami performs this season.

As a coach, and as an alum at Miami, all I can say is it’s about time. Miami does have some talent and Coach Linman will get the most out of them no doubt! Happy for my Alma mater!

Bluff Dale ISD is accepting resumes/applications for the role of Athletic Director & Head Football Coach.
Spring Sport TBD.

Teaching Field : OPEN

Bluff Dale is located between Granbury & Stephenville on hwy 377.

Please send resume to Superintendent, John Taylor at
email - [email protected]
fax - 254-728-3298
if you have questions please call 254-728-3277

So we have Goldburg, Claude (?), and Bluff Dale open. Is that all of the schools that are open or are there anymore I’m missing?

Back