Coaching Carousel 2022-2023

Red Oak Ovilla Christian was open for AD/HFC job.. whoever gets that job has a lot coming back. They have a shot at state.. don’t know who they will hire or if they made one, wish I would’ve gotten it. Good luck to whoever got it or will get it.

Since there are a few openings I figured to go ahead and get this started again.

Chester - open HFB

Perrin - open HFB

Goldburg - open HFB

Lingleville - open AD/HFB

Bronte - open HFB

Kopperl - open HFB

Dime Box - open HFB

Chillicothe - filled (Coach Bryan White)

Rochelle - filled

Buena Vista - filled (Coach Jacob Benavidez)

Penelope - filled (Coach Chris Villarreal)

Kress - filled (Coach James Shelton)

Bluff Dale - filled

Cotton Center - filled (Coach Richard Jackson)

Welch Dawson - filled (Coach Jay Bingham)

Sanderson - filled (Coach Justin Hilliard)

Marfa - filled (Coach Edgar Ramirez)

Harold - filled

Richland Springs - filled

Burkeville - filled

Darrouzett - filled Coach Steve Smith)

Trent - filled (Coach Troy Sparks)

Eden - filled

Priddy - filled

Abilene Christian - filled (Coach Kirk Wade)

Mullin - filled (Coach Thomas Vanzandt)

Lueders-Avoca - filled (Coach Reese Wilson)

Follett - filled (Coach John Anderson)

Morgan - filled (Coach Chuck Wilson)

Wellman Union - filled (Coach John York)

Three Way - filled (Coach Cody Harris)

Bryson - filled (Coach Kevin Ray)

Bracken Christian - filled (Coach Cody
Lancaster)

Meadow - filled (Coach Jacob Guzman)

Irion County - filled (Coach Shawn Harrison)

Savoy - filled (Coach Keith Hughes)

Anton - filled (Coach Adam Ramirez)
Chester was filled

Red Oak Ovilla Christian was open for AD/HFC job.. whoever gets that job has a lot coming back. They have a shot at state.. don’t know who they will hire or if they made one, wish I would’ve gotten it. Good luck to whoever got it or will get it.
On June 19, Ovilla Christian announced former SAGU head football coach Ryan Smith as their new Athletic Director and then announced on July 13 that former Angleton and Montgomery head football coach (both early 2000s) Pat Fulbright would be the new HFC.

Just got my copy of Dave Campbell’s and Richland Springs is still listed as “open”. Any word on who will be the head coach?

On June 19, Ovilla Christian announced former SAGU head football coach Ryan Smith as their new Athletic Director and then announced on July 13 that former Angleton and Montgomery head football coach (both early 2000s) Pat Fulbright would be the new HFC.
That’s the word I got as well, they hired 11man coaches, they plan on moving up to 11man in 2024 which I don’t see them staying 11man long.. they don’t have numbers for 11man (they only had about 13-14 on varsity this season from what I remember counting when we played them and a few were injured. A lot of 6man schools kill their program by forcing 11man, Ovilla did the same thing in 2018 and it lasted one season.. number just aren’t there for 11man right now. But I wish them the best. Hopefully I’m wrong, I’m a fan of Ovilla.

That’s the word I got as well, they hired 11man coaches, they plan on moving up to 11man in 2024 which I don’t see them staying 11man long.. they don’t have numbers for 11man (they only had about 13-14 on varsity this season from what I remember counting when we played them and a few were injured. A lot of 6man schools kill their program by forcing 11man, Ovilla did the same thing in 2018 and it lasted one season.. number just aren’t there for 11man right now. But I wish them the best. Hopefully I’m wrong, I’m a fan of Ovilla.
They got plenty of numbers for 11 man. They just got to get them to play. A good coach will get them out. They had 22 at least on their baseball team and their track team is big also

Back